Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear Nel slip in the tidbit, that the psychiatrists diagnosed OP with PTSD from the shooting incident?

The bit where Nel said at the end about "staying in chambers". Does that mean Roux doesn't have access to the Dr?

How many more witnesses after Dr. V??? TIA

ETA: I am fading fast. Lol

Never mind walking/ running forward on his stumps - what about walking backwards? Then climbing onto a bed with a gun in his hand whilst all the time staring at the passageway - in the dark?

Versfeld is destroying OP's testimony.

Stephanie Findlay
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@SJFindlay
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png

Roux is sitting at the side of the courtroom, chatting with Pistorius, who is holding a water bottle, looks serious #PistoriusTrial

For the first time, I am wondering if OP had reached a stage where he had a gradually worsening problem with his left heel, and was fast approaching a situation where he would have to undergo an operation (and bring his career to an abrupt, long stop, possibly permanent), or just struggle on until he was unable to race anymore anyway?

That would have been a really stressful situation for him.

That thing with his heel snapping must have been horrible to put up with...

Nel now has time to go back over the testimony and get his ducks in a row, concerning the 'darkness' and the way OP walked on his stumps.

I agree and I am fairly sure, before this case, he had said he may need remedial surgery. However, he claims to have run down the corridor so I am guessing it is not bad enough to stop him walking/running for a short distance, and in the dark. Maybe adrenalin rush overcame the pain level.

Hi all and thanks as always to the updaters. To be honest I'd forgotten all about it so it was lucky that CNN just happened to be on! This tweet was kind of interesting:

Pistorius' family very involved in this evidence, exclaiming angrily from time to time, shaking their heads as Nel's labouring of points

— Aislinn Laing (@Simmoa) June 30, 2014

Sorry, but there really cannot be any "intent" proved by OP leaning against a wall to fire shots or do anything else, say scratch his nose, since for a double amputee leaning against things, holding on to things, twisting or turning legs, leaning to one side, etc. for to be better mobile and be in a more comfortable position, especially if the pads are not in their place, for someone who can't balance properly is second nature, more especially for someone who since 11 months knows nothing else.

I got that thought from a lawyer in SA, but what does he know when there are experts like you about.

In this instance I feel that too. It's like she can't remember what OP's version is? That can't be true. :no: jmo

Or could it be that she is remembering OP's testimony that the LED provided enough light for him to see the jeans, and that he was going to cover the LED with the said jeans?

While there's plenty of people around tonight, can someone tell me if the light on OP's balcony was on all night, as in it was on for security purposes and couldn't be turned off?

But yet OP could work out, train, go out & socialize, and do just about anything he wanted to. OP had lived with this situation since he was a baby. He's known no other way and has learned to compensate, IMO. He learned to compensate so well he became a bladerunning Olympic medal winner.

I am so not going to get hung up on the sympathy factor here because he still managed to murder Reeva and carry her down the stairs.

A big time sympathy card is being played by Team Oscar, IMO.

How many more witnesses after Dr. V??? TIA

ETA: I am fading fast. Lol

I over-rode the timer setting on the coffee maker myself...brewing early. DH will be up in 13 minutes; then I will hear how crazy I am

But yet OP could work out, train, go out & socialize, and do just about anything he wanted to. OP had lived with this situation since he was a baby. He's known no other way and has learned to compensate, IMO. He learned to compensate so well he became a bladerunning Olympic medal winner.

I am so not going to get hung up on the sympathy factor here because he still managed to murder Reeva and carry her down the stairs.

A big time sympathy card is being played by Team Oscar, IMO.

Well, it could cause sympathy. Or, as with me, it could lead people to wonder if he was coming close to breaking point and poor Reeva just happened to be around when he reached it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper