Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Just reading whole list of definitions and I can hardly understand a word. He is gabbling.

Ah. So Roux just explained the witness testimony for us. Summed up as that, because of human psychology, two people can heard the same noise and hear it differently.

I think this testimony is meaningless.

Yes. But that is not the problem. He is reading very fast, frrom his own report, rather than answering any thought-out questions from defence.

Roux is trying to bore the court into submission.

Reading very fast is a sign of nervousness. I can't wait for Nel to tie him up in knots of his own making.

My summation:

Everything from humidity to doors to psychological perception can affect what we hear and when we hear it. So no-one who heard anything the night Reeva died can be trusted.

Sounds just about right, Zwiebs.

They might just as well chuck the whole case out then because they're all just saying any old thing now. You'd never be able to convict anyone if all other cases carried on the same way as this one.

Big hi to everyone, good to be back at last, my word it feels like a lifetime ago since the break, hopefully everything will run smoothly from now to a conclusion.

I've got a migraine that's causing blind spots so can't see half the text on these pages :(

Sorry to hear that kaos. But you are not missing much with this witness, in my opinion.

Big hi to everyone, good to be back at last, my word it feels like a lifetime ago since the break, hopefully everything will run smoothly from now to a conclusion.

Was wondering where you'd got to! :seeya:

My summation:

Everything from humidity to doors to psychological perception can affect what we hear and when we hear it. So no-one who heard anything the night Reeva died can be trusted.

I haven't heard anything yet that disproves the ear-witnesses testimony.

I would be surprised if the environmental factors that night had not in fact increased the likelihood that the PT witnesses had heard what they heard.

Very surprised Nel didn't question him about the cricket bat.

Maybe because Nel knows that on stumps it would be nigh impossible for OP to put the necessary sufficient weight behind a cricket bat swing that would crack the door panel and still stay balanced. You need feet and calf muscles to flex and release for that the same as you do when riding a windsurf or surf board. JMHO

Was wondering where you'd got to! :seeya:

I just couldn't face 6 weeks of talking about it with no progress being made so i decided on a total block out, i think my brain needed it to be honest.

Roux asked about walking over duvet. I thought OP said duvet was never on the floor.

You're right. OP did say the duvet wasn't on the floor.

IMO Roux is merely protecting here should Nel in final arguments use the duvet as part of the support to "prove" OP's version cannot be true since if going by OP's version, even if OP said it was on the bed, it is not beyond reasonable doubt that in his panic he could have mistaken where it was, or went over it without noticing, which I presume Roux will use in final arguments. JMHO

I've got a migraine that's causing blind spots so can't see half the text on these pages :(

Migraine, I never had - but now, verrrrrry paaaaiiiiinful and disturbing!
I'm disappointed.

:dramaqueen: :pullhair: :drama: :sos:

~rsbm~

.. well, I've been of that view right up until now, but it's starting to get ridiculous.

I think she's only human and any judge, no matter how confidant and experienced would be unnerved by the public interest in this trail, more so because it's being televised. There are legal experts all over the world weighing in with their opinions and observations and it is this case, most likely, for which she will be most remembered. If it were me (which is impossible, given I have no legal training, lol) I'd maybe be seemingly a bit OTT as well.

And I believe that's exactly what he did - put his prostheses on.
But Mangena's ballistics report and the therefore the State's case claims otherwise, doesn't it? Or did I miss something ?

Sounds just about right, Zwiebs.

They might just as well chuck the whole case out then because they're all just saying any old thing now. You'd never be able to convict anyone if all other cases carried on the same way as this one.

There is no need to to loose confidence in the trial proceedings over questionable defense tactics.However improbable the defense witness testimonies may be OP has pleaded not guilty to all charges leveled against him, and he is within his constitutionally guaranteed legal rights to produce evidence and expert testimony of his choice to substantiate his claim of innocence.

Why is Roux just now bringing up the missing extension cord?? Smh
Ugh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members