Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't watched it yet, not for the lack of link, but for the sheer dread it's going to be pure OP propaganda. If anyone has the time or required effort, do list the discrepancies with video version and court version!

I know. The mere sight of him makes me feel sick now.

Questions for those who've watched the reenactment video: TIA

1) Is OP's bedroom very dark as he leaves for bathroom the first time? 2) Is the big fan blocking his way to the balcony doors when he hurries from 2nd trip to quasi-dark bathroom to yell for help? 3) Is the duvet shown on the floor at any time? 4) Is the tub/sink area much darker when OP first confronts the mythical intruder and when he returns later to futilely shoulder-butt the door, than when he returns, bat now in hand, to the bathroom a third time and only THEN turns on the light which both Dr. and Mrs. Stipp testified was burning brightly immediately after the first bangs? ... 5) Or does the video skip those inconvenient situations in OP's version altogether?

Oh my, I found the full video on YouTube. And since I love you all so much I will tell you how to find it. :smile: Go to YouTube and search for the title:

Oscar reenactment video broadcast - Sunday night 2014 07 06

Perhaps you should hurry though, in case the Pistorii have it pulled down! LOL!!!

Many thanks for providing this link Viper

IMO, that show was unbelievably biased… a lot of the facts presented were partially wrong, some totally incorrect… 90%+ of the airtime was dedicated to fallacious explanations about how OP had to be innocent of murder and how OP loved RS too much…!!!!!

This was obviously commissioned by OP… it was in the works for months prior to its airing… Evidence Room was mandated by OP to participate… the whole "illegally obtained", etc… is all bollocks.

Truly pathetic and shameful.

So basically the way I understand what the Prof is saying is, If I am presented with a danger that I cannot get away from ie. a Lion, I will fight as I know the Lion is faster than me?
If Derman is really saying that, it doesn't make too much sense, as it's making a choice, using cognitive reasoning, which is supposedly dismantled during the FFF moments

Lots of discussion on local SA media about The Video.

Professor Stephen Tuson (on tonight's Legal Round Table Channel 199) said the video falls under attorney/client privilege and if Gerrie Nel tried to use it in court today the defence/defense could have used it to apply for the SA equivalent of a mistrial. So it comes as no surprise that the NPA say that they can not comment on the video and that Gerrie Nel has not seen it.

http://citizen.co.za/206486/prosecution-seen-oscar-video-npa/

Thanks Viper. Watched it and was rolling my eyes for the vast majority of it. As AJ_DS stated, this thing was pretty much giving the defense's viewpoint with very little from the state's viewpoint.

I do wonder how Roder (or whatever the heck his name is) feels now that ALL of the information has come out in court and it shows that OP's "version/s" does not match what the evidence shows. I hope he was paid handsomely for this carp as I doubt that anyone other than defense lawyers with knowingly guilty clients will want to use him.

MOO

Was Uncle in court today? I didn't seem to notice him in the gallery.

That Roder chap looks seriously shifty at certain points, if anyone has access to the video go to 20.50 at the point where the presenter ask's him if he believes moving the magazine rack was the reason why Oscar fired, his body language is weird at that point.

Roder stated he KNEW that OP loved Reeva because of all the photos that OP had of her/them in his bedroom at Uncle Arnold's house. Is he really that dense to think that perhaps that is what we call staging?? OP and family KNEW that Roder and his crew were coming, this was not a spur of the moment surprise visit. OF COURSE OP put up photos of Reeva and/or them together. I want to know how long after the crew left did those photos come down. Was it 5 mins, 10 mins?

And any person that was putting on that kind of show in court, to the point of needing a green bucket, when just TALKING about the events of that early morning would NOT be in complete calm and control when REINACTING the events. What a load of carp.

MOO

Many thanks for providing this link Viper

IMO, that show was unbelievably biased… a lot of the facts presented were partially wrong, some totally incorrect… 90%+ of the airtime was dedicated to fallacious explanations about how OP had to be innocent of murder and how OP loved RS too much…!!!!!

This was obviously commissioned by OP… it was in the works for months prior to its airing… Evidence Room was mandated by OP to participate… the whole "illegally obtained", etc… is all bollocks.

Truly pathetic and shameful.

I agree. Is this where I'm supposed to say I'm sorry or I was wrong? If so, I'm sorry, I was wrong and you were right all along that the Pistorius Clan was behind the production and the release of this farce. I'm not sure why they had to assert that The Evidence Room did something illegal or that the television station illegally obtained the clips of OP; that I would think would be damaging to both companies. IDK. But this definitely was a Pistorius Propaganda Production©, LOL!!!

This is dynamite. I'm in shock.

Today in court might just have been the calm before the storm... I was uber cautious before and glad Nel didn't risk anything, but this is something else

(still taking quotes, constructing detailed post...going as fast as I can)

Clan Pistorius commissioned a puff piece on OP a month after his 200m Paralympics loss (9-1-12) and, even more brand damaging, his claim that the winner had cheated. It's on YouTube as "Oscar Pistorius and girlfriend in Seychelles". ST is the "girlfriend" _ which is odd as the DT recently said it was ST who OP was constantly yelling at which caused his Paralympics roomie to move out.

I'm in the U.S. No problem finding or watching the video of the entire program in one 42 minute video.

Having been "commissioned" by OP's uncle, the reenactment conveniently leaves out details about fan positioning and duvet placement. The report gets confusing at times due to snippets obviously produced by the Australian producers of the TV presentation being mixed in with footage from the actual video reenactment. Thus, in footage shown during a voiceover describing Reeva "leaving the bed to go to the bathroom" while Oscar is up bringing in the fans and fiddling with the drapes, the hazy figure shot in low light conditions very much appears to closely resemble Reeva. In the actual reenactment footage Sister Amy, seen inside the bathroom slumped over the commode, does not physically resemble Reeva at all.

A couple of things I noted:

A photograph of an arcing blood spray on a wall - I think in the upstairs hallway - that surely looks to be arterial spray under pressure. I remember we had quite a debate on whether Reeva was dead long before he carried her down the steps. This particular photo, which I had not seen before, makes me think her heart was still beating at that time at least.

The reenactment shows Oscar inside a bathroom that has both a commode and a bidet, side by side. That means this reenactment video is showing a much wider space than in Oscars's bathroom which had a commode only in it. That fact alone would make quite a difference between the actual mechanics of Oscar lifting a dead weight body into his arms from the floor. (I have worked with "dead weight bodies" - as patients immediately post-operative, with quadriplegics, and with patients who have died. Depending on the size of the patient it can be a real challenge even to reposition a dead weight patient, let alone to attempt to lift them!) We know that Oscar did in fact lift Reeva. I doubt he did that inside a small toilet area.

In the reenactment Reeva is correctly positioned in Oscar's arms - with her head to his left side, her feet to his right. In the reenactment, though, the steps he carries her down are oriented in the opposite direction from the steps in his house. In the reenactment the wall is on the same side as her head and her feet are on the railing side. In actuality, at Oscar's house the railing was on the side where her head was and the wall was on the side of her feet.

The video was a propaganda piece designed to show Oscar's innocence. Made early in the "game". Then Oscar kept changing his story as time passed. The reenactment evidently did not then reflect the new stories enough to be used.

The timing of the leak of this video could not have been better. It is obvious that even though he is hobbling, Oscar is indeed ambulatory on his stumps.

Many thanks to the person who had the courage to leak it!

Nel: Prof. I put it to you again, you are not objective in your evidence. Do you want to respond.
D: I have responded to that. I have care for Pistorius for 6 year. I have attempted to come to court to give as objective an opinion as I can.
D has cared for OP for six years. What is D actually? A professor or a Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP