Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not doing my blood pressure any good at all......aaaarrrgghhhh!!!!!

On dolus eventualis - it “can not be said that the accused could have foreseen the possibility of the deceased, or any one else, dying from firing into the toilet."

She is now going into a previous legal statement about dolus eventualis...about not rushing to judgement. Judge talks about how an inference drawn must be the only one that can be done so...

This is detailed and we need to analyse further the totality of the semantics.

J: Evidential material before this crt shows accused...negligent.....a reasonable person....accused failed to take those consequences....

Only comfort is, even if he does walk free, I don't think his life will ever be the same again (and so it shouldn't). He'll never be respected and revered the way he was. And, he'll have to live with knowing what the truth really is. Gutted beyond reasonable doubt. X

She has explained eventualis better today. It makes sense now I think.

Judge saying OP acting promptly after incident in calling for help, praying, pleading for help from Dr stipp, shows 'therefore he could not be fnd guilty of murder'

Plenty of murders regret their actions - that's not the point!

J: Count two....firing a pistol thru open sunroof...on this count state failed to prove the guilt of accused beyond reasonable doubt

Judge saying OP acting promptly after incident in calling for help, praying, pleading for help from Dr stipp, shows 'therefore he could not be fnd guilty of murder'

I don't even know what to say to that line of flawed reasoning. :thud:

If OP didn't forsee he might kill someone, he wouldn't have moved his feet/hand from left to right in the bathroom as he fired.

She just disregarded Eventualis on the same grounds she just seemingly said he was guilty of negligence!

Masipa reading case law about intent and the standard of reasonable doubt

Masipa says Pistorius acted negligently when he fired shots through the door knowing there was someone behind it

Masipa says Pistorius failed to take the consequences of firing the shots into account

Masipa says she's summarizing the accounts and now moves on to counts two and three

:confused: We've still yet to get an official verdict on count one

http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/Oscar_Pistorius_trial_4

J: Count three...fired a glock,....in manner likely to endanger people....accused showed a reckless disregard...

Only comfort is, even if he does walk free, I don't think his life will ever be the same again (and so it shouldn't). He'll never be respected and revered the way he was. And, he'll have to live with knowing what the truth really is. Gutted beyond reasonable doubt. X

I doubt it. I think he will be out partying in the clubs within days. Party Hearty--life goes on. No problemo.

Did she just skip right over culpable homicide?

It's as if she can't even bring herself to say the words 'culpable homicide' the amount of times she's completely glossed over it.

While candy is dandy, liquor is quicker. :D

Everyone, take a seat
Sports%20Bar%20SNAP_April-16.jpg

I really don't understand the difference between eventualis and negligence. I don't know enough about it but it basically sounds like the same thing to me [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member