Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Harding Africa correspondent

tweets: Roux and Nel have gone off to talk to Judge - presumably about dates for sentencing hearing. #OscarPistorius

The sentencing might not even be today........................

David from Whoop Whoop he is stating he thinks it will a lengthy suspended sentence and a heavy fine.

I thought I heard Masipa say that he called "911"...but did he? I missed that in the testimony or was it just submitted in the phone records? And didn't Carice Stander start calling on his phone, isn't it not uncertain that if police were called on his phone than Stander could have made the call...

Legal experts saying Oscar's prompt response in calling for help after killing is certain to be taken into mitigation during sentencing.

Everyone waiting in court for it to recommence. Judge and assessors closeted away....no, back now!

do we move onto terms of extension of bail now? or do the existing terms continue...

Can the Steenkamps take him to a civil court as the Goldman's did with OJ and won?

I think so, but seeing as he has been selling all his assests .. and now much of it has already been spent, with probably the rest of the money moved out of the country, I doubt that they will be able to get much money out of him (which I am led to understand from something I read a while back, would go towards the charity June is setting up).

Yes, but Masipa's understanding of dolus eventualis in this case is OP thought Reeva was in bed, so he could not foresee that he would kill her. Does it make sense? :waitasec:

I think she just clarified that he didn't foresee that he'd kill anyone...

it makes sense how stupid she is for believing oscar could not foresee firing 4 shots at close range into a toilet door with someone inside , could possibly result in death?
Have you been watching today? She has explained this.
Subjectively, she believes him but objectively she does not believe it's reasonable.

In one night those children's lives were altered forever. I would love to see how they are doing now.

Daughter stopped visiting him. Her and OJ had row about money, last I heard.

My live feed is oober slow apparently. I see nada,

Roux is applying for bail to be extended for OP I think.

R: Onus is on state to produce reason why accused should not be released on bail...really no reason for you not to allow him out on bail milady....

Roux says that Pistorius has complied with his bail conditions.

During the course of the excruciatingly lo-o-o-o-ng time it has taken this judge to go through all of her "reasoning" she sure has made some rather strange off-the-cuff statements along the way! As in her advice to shoot the person while they are standing next to your bed.

The whole thing has become so bizarre at this point that I am finding that I can barely even follow what she is saying.
Also her firm belief that 'relationships are dynamic'....what garbage...If somebody writes 'I'm scared of you' and then they end up dead the next week, gosh that has got to have some bearing. I thought she was some kind of women's advocate from what people were reporting...garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV