Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was interesting when Nel started asking about Oscar's intent when he fired at the door. Sowing the seeds for an appeal?

Maybe but the judge ought to yellow card him for wasting court time and money.

I know Nel has brought this up many times during the trial itself and Masipa has just let it slide. I can't see her putting her foot down now. It feels like we're just going through the motions right now.

Just put us all out of our misery and give him the suspended sentence now, nothing anyone can say is gonna change this joke of a judges mind, hes going to walk free, u can see it coming a mile off.

Just put us all out of our misery and give him the suspended sentence now, nothing anyone can say is gonna change this joke of a judges mind, hes going to walk free, u can see it coming a mile off.

I have a dreadful feeling that might be the case.

Whoop just saying how a lot of people have a lot of fond feelings for Oscar. They are going to discuss that later.

I was watching the live video stream of the first session (will have to catch up the rest later today).

The big story for me: Nel is not pandering to the court or changing tack. This is a man who is furious, sticking with what he feels is right and speaking up for the victim.

OP thought leaked photos of crime scene and Reeva were "disrespectful".

WOW.

There would have been nothing to leak if he had been respectful towards her.

Murder is the ultimate disrespect.

What a pathetic [modsnip].

Did y'all notice the female assessor playing with her hair and seeming to not be paying one iota of attention to the witness's testimony?

This whole thing is playing out exactly as I expected - poor OP has "lost Reeva", has lost his career, is traumatized and broken and will need therapy for the rest of his life. IOW: please don't send him to prison, My Lady - he's already suffering enough. Disgusting.

I want to scream every time I hear someone say he "lost" Reeva. He didn't "lose" her! He killed her!

Oh - and this lady seems to tailor her testimony with the same speed that OP did during trial. She's as evasive and deceitful as OP - two peas in a pod.

It is even more sickening to hear the glowing sob stories now, knowing that Masipa buys it.. wholesale.

Being a lay person here I get the feeling that Nel is going to throw anything and every thing he can in a last ditch effort to see if he can through to JM. I don't see JM listening to a word of this. Minds have already been made up. The beginning of the live broadcast I noticed blonde lady assessor laughing with the gentlemen next to her??? I thought that this was very disrespectful. From a legal perspective - is this going good for Nel? Please exuse my ignorance.

Unfortunately the judge showed her cards early in the trial with her "I don't want to punish him twice" comment.

Surely that comment alone shows judicial bias.

OP thought leaked photos of crime scene and Reeva were "disrespectful".

WOW.

There would have been nothing to leak if he had been respectful towards her.

Murder is the ultimate disrespect.

What a pathetic [modsnip].

Watch your language ...

ITA with you James. This horse and pony show is insulting to our intelligence. :(

Did y'all notice the female assessor playing with her hair and seeming to not be paying one iota of attention to the witness's testimony?

This whole thing is playing out exactly as I expected - poor OP has "lost Reeva", has lost his career, is traumatized and broken and will need therapy for the rest of his life. IOW: please don't send him to prison, My Lady - he's already suffering enough. Disgusting.

I want to scream every time I hear someone say he "lost" Reeva. He didn't "lose" her! He killed her!

Oh - and this lady seems to tailor her testimony with the same speed that OP did during trial. She's as evasive and deceitful as OP - two peas in a pod.

Yes!
I think she has that mode of thinking it's all for the 'greater good', do and say whatever it takes to get this man off and allow him to be the hero for South Africa once again. They can live with themselves because they hold that belief, her and the rest to come. My opinion of course. :D

Masipa will no doubt hand down a suspended sentence. It's already gnawing at my gut.

But Nel will drag every last one of them over the coals and broken glass and back again before they cross their fake finish line.

I have ZERO doubt that Nel already has his appeal drafted, just plug in a few specifics.

This is SO not over yet.

It's appalling that Nel gets given her report today when it was available on 1 Oct and then he is expected to cross examine 'on the fly'. And yet again more court time is wasted while the prosecution takes time out to digest the report and prepare as best they can to address its contents. I see he made the point to the judge that he's been given none of the defence witness reports, but it fell on deaf ears. I guess it's the rules but, if so, the rules are daft IMO.

You all have more fortitude than I do. I just could not tune in and listen to this. I am just reading a bit here to get the gist. But it is too depressing now that I have My Lady's number.

oscar radio isn't working for me...are there other feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper