Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now Nel has trapped her into bringing up OP's incidents.....she says an incident reported and caught on camera 'not accurate'. OP explained it all to her.

N: Which incident?

MH:...the last incident. Somewhere in Joburg....st my age, I'm not au fait with nightclubs (in answer to Nel saying she is very vague)

N: Do you know anything about her (Reeva's) dreams in life?

Mh: I don't know....we didn't discuss much

This woman has just landed OP in it, hasn't she?

No matter ... many of the DT expert witnesses also landed OP in it, but Judge Masipa totally ignored all of that, just like she will totally ignore all of this, she's already made up her mind with regard to sentencing, imo.

This whole section (along with the rest of the trial) is all most peculiar .. I can't really believe what I'm hearing .. I very much doubt this is how things work in the UK.

Nel ask her if Reeva was the one & OP loved her so much, how come he got the date of her birthday wrong on the stand.

Mh lists a few things about Reeva and Nel asks if OP told her that. MH says no, she read it.

Nel wants a break until 11.15

Granted.

Good for Nel, he's now bringing in Reeva and who she was as a human being, making her an important part of the proceedings and that her life has been taken from her.

So he talked about himself, barely mentioned the "love of his life" he was so desperately missing?

Tweet from Mandy Weiner re this cross:

Can't help but feel that Nel's style and approach hasn't been welcomed by Masipa and he's doing himself no favours by continuing with it.

Agreed. Yet this trial is bigger than Judge Masipa now, on a philosophical and moral level. Justice has to be seen to be done for the victim.

(And really, Masipa and assessors, by handing down the culpable homicide verdict already has a sentence in mind. Nothing here, like in the trial, will get her back on prosecution side. )

N: Do you know anything about her (Reeva's) dreams in life?

Mh: I don't know....we didn't discuss much

Yes, that just goes to show that OP was all 'me, me, me' the whole time he was talking to her .. why wasn't he talking about Reeva, and telling her about Reeva .. all he is ever interested in is himself!

Oh my giddy aunt ... court adjourned! What a farce.

I'm curious why this particular DT expert chose not to be on camera, considering she was on camera every day of the trial. Sort of defeats the purpose I'd think lol

OMG this woman is starting to disgust me. You can't possibly talk for 18 months with a patient about a traumatic event to a loved one and not get to know the dead person's personality from the patient. It's as if OP never talked about Reeva and all this therapist has done is read a newspaper to find out about her instead of asking OP.

GRRR!!!!

Why does Masipa let Roux get away with waiting to present his witnesses' reports to Nel IN COURT?!!! That's just dirty. Stinks of more bias.

It really angers me that the State aren't handed the reports until the last minute... It's such a waste of time.

Agreed. Yet this trial is bigger than Judge Masipa now, on a philosophical and moral level. Justice has to be seen to be done for the victim.

(And really, Masipa and assessors, by handing down the culpable homicide verdict already has a sentence in mind. Nothing here, like in the trial, will get her back on prosecution side. )

I agree KT - whether he acted nice as pie or the hard-hitting Nel we have come to know probably makes no difference in terms of the sentence so I say go for it and hammer him via his witnesses and try to further expose him for the gutless wonder that he really is. Gloves off essentially.

Did Nel really bring up OP getting RS's birthday wrong and how did the psych lady respond to that? Good on him - it just makes a mockery of the whole 'love of my life' crap if he can't even get the birthday right.

I had counselling once - I talked mostly about my family & how much I love them. And they are alive and well.

THIS piece of work, has 18 months of therapy to help him cope with the "trauma and grief" over losing (killing) Reeva and all this woman knows about her life is what she's read in the papers?

This whole thing stinks from beginning to end.

GRRR!!!!

Why does Masipa let Roux get away with waiting to present his witnesses' reports to Nel IN COURT?!!! That's just dirty. Stinks of more bias.

It is dirty, but Roux is playing within the rules. It's real hard ball to get a non-custodial sentence for OP. Don't give the PT any time to prepare.

OMG this woman is starting to disgust me. You can't possibly talk for 18 months with a patient about a traumatic event to a loved one and not get to know the dead person's personality from the patient. It's as if OP never talked about Reeva and all this therapist has done is read a newspaper to find out about her instead of asking OP.

BBM - yes, that was exactly the impression I got.

It is dirty, but Roux is playing within the rules. It's real hard ball to get a non-custodial sentence for OP. Don't give the PT any time to prepare.

Maybe but the judge ought to yellow card him for wasting court time and money.

Totally agree . I was just going to say the same thing

OP seems to be Teflon coated :-(
Just adding this was in reply to Jay Jay's post which hasn't appeared in my post .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98