Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel asks if she's dealt with parents who've lost a child in a criminal act.

She hasn't.

Nel asks if she has been involved in counselling families who have lost a child thru criminal violence. She can't recall a specific one.

Great. Masipa will be buying this codswallop as further proof of OP's remorse. I have to laugh about OP saying the leaked pics were disrespectful of Reeva. So going out on the pull and hitting on Reeva lookalikes wasn't??

Nel asks if she's followed the court judgment.

She says she was out of the country.

Nel is asking if she's come to court without having access to the judgment.

She hasn't read the whole of it.

Nel wants to know what she has read.

Please Nel ask her how appropriate her behaviour towards her client was in court

Exactly, ask about reports from journos that she cried and clapped after Pistorius finished his testimony. Ask her about professional lines of conduct and objectivity. Ask her about victim's family support when their finances are so low, ask her how much she is paid for being on hand everyday of the his time stand and trial.

These last questions...not for legal reasons but to play to the media...like defence has always done

N: You said he considers himself responsible...have you read the court's judgement?

MH: I read finding of culpable homicide had been made

N: Surprised a professional would give evidence withour reading judgement...don't you think it's irresponsible?

MH: I'll leave that up to court

N: No Madam. I'm asking YOU.

Great to hear from the brilliant Mr Nel again , bring it on and tell it like it is. The victim here is Reeva and her family who have lost the rest of their natural lives because he killed her. It's been all about Mr Pistorius and what he has lost and what he has suffered!

Nel is surprised that an expert would testify re sentence without having read the judgment. Nel thinks it's irresponsible of her not to have read it.

She says she'll leave it to the court.

Nel says, no.

Starting to feel a little sorry for the psychobabble woman now......but only a little...!

N: ...Have you had session with OP after verdict. Was judgement discusse?

MH: To a cetain extent...

N: Was his view still he never intended to fire the gun?

MH: Excuse me?

She's stuttering and stammering.

Nel asks if she's had a session with OP after the judgment.

She has. They discussed there's a judgment, a finding and the next hurdle will be the sentencing.

RRRRGGggg if I hear another "hurdle" analogy I am going to throw something!
I should probably go to bed and watch this later (it's 1am in Seattle). Feeling irritated!!!!!

N: What is his responsibility?

She's talking about OP's versions now.

Barry appears to be looking at OP. He looks like listening to all this is pointless, and it probably is.

Alex Crawford
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@AlexCrawfordSky
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png
#OscarTrial The psychologist with a PHd says she doesnt understand the question from the razor-sharp Nel

Nel asks if OP told her his version was that the gun went off by itself.

MH says OP's versions to her has always been the same, never changed.

Nel is pressuring her.

N: His version in evidence was he never intended firing the gun. Is that version you had or Not?

MH: Version I had was exactly what was heard in court. He heard a sound and fired the gun

Then she goes off about her role was to offer a safe space for OP, not 'objective facts'.

Judge M having trouble hearing. Again.

She says it wasn't her role to establish objective facts.

Nel asks if he sought psychological help from a professional before she treated him.

She has no knowledge of that. He may have received help but she's not aware of it.

N: Do you know anything about relationship with Sam Taylor?

MH: I know he had a few relationships but not really the focus of our sessions...they were mainly on the guilt he'd had that this had happened...

Nel asks if she knows of his relationship with Sam Taylor.

Her sessions weren't about that. It was the effect of the trauma on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper