Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still holding out hope for some type of sentence......in prison....with other prisoners....together....in a cell....all day....all night....

N el asks if she knows OP was involved with someone else now. MH says she did read it but OP did not mention it. Nel says it's odd, Roux objects and Judge sustains.

N: So you read a report. Did you believe it?

MH says OP never mentioned it and avoids Nel's question about why she didn't bring up new girlfriend with OP. "Didn't you think it important?"

OP didn't mention that he'd met someone else. She's only interested in what he tells her. She didn't discuss it with her. If he wanted to discuss it, she would have.

N: Would it have been important to you as a psychologist if you knew he had a new lady friend?

MH: She didn't ask him. He didn't bring it to the therapy sessions so we didn't discuss it.

N: Was it important that he may have found a new love?

"What your client brings to the psychotherapy session is what you deal with". So she didn't think it was important that him shooting Reeva is what caused her client to even be getting treatment?

N: As a psychol, the fact he fnd new lady friend, wldn't it be important for you to know?

MH: (Stumbkes) He did not bring it to session so we did not discuss

N: I'm going to repeat my question...

MH finally concedes it would have been important, if it had been brought to session.

N: You don't go beyond what he's telling you in a session? Yes or no!

MH: Is that a question?

Playing dumb & evasive leads me to believe she is being far from frank & helpful to the court,she has come to the stand with an agenda and bias

This one is so cagey .. she is so frightened of saying the wrong thing and being caught out by Nel!

AH! Judge ruined Nel's argument then! Unfair!

MH said it was important, Nel said why didn't she bring it up then, and Judge said, 'Didn't she qualify that?'

Pistorius is able to manipulate others, this witness included (not many of us here on WS tho ;-)). They just buy what he's selling without question or rationale.

MH: I'm no even sure of her name...

N: I'm asking for your prof opinion; if he was involved with woman, wld it impact?

MH:...If I had been told but....I simply don't know

In other words, she'll read something in the papers, is aware he's got a new girlfriend but if OP doesn't raise it with her, she won't raise it with him. However it is important ... but he didn't raise it with her, so that was the end of the matter.

Pistorius looking down writing, shaking his head .. this is really riling him!

Psychologist: "I work in the therapy and I don't go beyond what he brings to the session."

"If it was very important to me he would have said something but he didn't"

"I deal with what he brings to the session and then we work with that."

"You thought it may be important he found a new love" Nel asks why she did not go further, as a professional and also someone trying to ascertain his emotional state.

Milady interrupts and shows that she doesn't care for Nel's line of questions, implicit defense of the psychologists words and demurrals.

Let me never have this judge or a judge like this if we are ever killed by our partners.

N: Forget her name and your knowledge...opinion?

MH: If we had dealt with it....I don't have an opinion about something I don't know about.

N: I find it very strange you won't answer....you got emotional in court. Cried in court.

MH: I did.

I got so mad looking at the dumb expression on Masipas face, she has made up her mind what's she's going to do. Sorry can't watch anymore. No respect for her I'm afraid. Nel is still fighting for the Steenkamps. Bless him.

Same here, I'm sure her mind was made up long ago - I'm not watching the live stream as it will just make me angry.

MH reciting her quals now, how she can offer training to other ppl. Nel points out there is no register in SA.

Pistorius' furiously writing something:

I must not shoot at noises through doors
I must not shoot at nois

N: We have someone here (OP) with PTSD and deoression but you didn't have to do any learning and development?

MH: Development would definitely have been a part...and she's off on her quals again.

Nel's lost himself. :(

She's a "trauma counsellor" and she offers teaching to to train other "trauma" counsellors. (yikes, I'm sorry SA)

Nel finds that this is not an accredited area or something like that in SA - unsure of the point? He wants to stress that she is an educational psychologist in developmental issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98