Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Masipa will no doubt hand down a suspended sentence. It's already gnawing at my gut.

But Nel will drag every last one of them over the coals and broken glass and back again before they cross their fake finish line.

I have ZERO doubt that Nel already has his appeal drafted, just plug in a few specifics.

This is SO not over yet.

I hope you are right

OP thought leaked photos of crime scene and Reeva were "disrespectful".

WOW.

There would have been nothing to leak if he had been respectful towards her.

Murder is the ultimate disrespect.

What a pathetic f##k.

Watch your language ...

Keep on keeping on Lux! You are in no way offending me. I feel exactly the same way about OP...and I'm sure most here do as well.

Hi Everyone,

I woke up for some reason and thought I would check in to see what was going on.

Could someone please give me a quick rundown of what is happening? Is court adjourned? Was OP sentenced?

Thanks in advance.

Tricia

Well something magical has happened and talking about Reeva no longer makes him SOB

Judge Masipa is said by many to be a womens advocate....like hell she is. South African women have been thrown under a bus by her and the assessors.

Keep on keeping on Lux! You are in no way offending me. I feel exactly the same way about OP...and I'm sure most here do as well.

The only way I differ from Lux is I'd use his/her four letter word as a seven letter adjective to another swear word. B..trd maybe.

Karyn Maughan*@karynmaughan

Hartzenberg admits she discussed an "incident" with OP - believed to be club altercation - but focus "on what we can learn about this".

1:35 AM - 13 Oct 2014

Doc has stayed in witness box throughout break, reading up her notes.

I got so mad looking at the dumb expression on Masipas face, she has made up her mind what's she's going to do. Sorry can't watch anymore. No respect for her I'm afraid. Nel is still fighting for the Steenkamps. Bless him.

Hi Everyone,

I woke up for some reason and thought I would check in to see what was going on.

Could someone please give me a quick rundown of what is happening? Is court adjourned? Was OP sentenced?

Thanks in advance.

Tricia

Hi Tricia - So far, we've heard from one mitigation witness - a Ph.D. psychotherapist who's treated OP for the past 18 months or so. She's still in the witness box, court adjourned for a 45 minute break so that Prosecutor Nel could look over the therapist's report more thoroughly & consult with someone on his team, because he was only handed the report when court commenced this a.m.

What has happened?

I forgot and thought sentencing was in 3 days...

It's appalling that Nel gets given her report today when it was available on 1 Oct and then he is expected to cross examine 'on the fly'. And yet again more court time is wasted while the prosecution takes time out to digest the report and prepare as best they can to address its contents. I see he made the point to the judge that he's been given none of the defence witness reports, but it fell on deaf ears. I guess it's the rules but, if so, the rules are daft IMO.

Roux is relying on Milady's indulgence because he can. He's required to serve the reports in advance. And she's supposed to read them in advance, too. This is just more of the same. Nel must feel so frustrated by her lack of competence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member