Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just jumping in now on the start of the cross by Bary Roux. This is going to be interesting!

I only heard parts of this testimony but I believe South African prison's are much more problematic than US or UK.

It's important for the courts to be aware (as of course they are in this High Court) that the reality is presumably between multitude of positive official reports and awful anecdotal stories and articles.

I completely believe in prison reform, for many territories, to completely change the gross atrocities that occur in prisons across US, US, Asia and North and South Africa...

Yet in this situation, if Pistorius avoids prison, I am guessing 20% of the prisoners in South Africa should be released from prison, if you want an objective fairness about South African justice.

We look forward for Advocate Roux and his defense team, Judge Masipa and her assessors advocacy for ALL the prisoners of gross negligent homicide in SA jail should have their jail term overturned.

The obvious problem Whoop Whoop radio highlighted yetserday (from an interview of a previous SA prisoner) that prison in SA is also problematic because it is inequitable. Therefore, if you are wealthy, one can work the system by bribery and a 'privileged' prisoner (like the Waterkloof 'hotel' party prisoners) and probably Pistorius can have a term as enriching and easier time than all else because money can buy seemingly comfortable privacy and relative ease...

I hope this expert witness can work on this level of corruption in prison too.

The logical extension of the Defence's argument is that no-one should go to prison ever, let alone a disabled person from a decent background, because prisons are overcrowded, dangerous places.

I am absolutely certain that if our Home Secretary had to stand up like this and talk about UK prisons he would also be confronted by lots of tales of terrible events - drugs, rape, assaults and so on.

Most high profile offenders have been seriously assaulted in prison - that piece of filth that killed little April Jones is a recent example.

Prisons are populated by...guess who?....bad people. People so bad they have gone to prison. Hardly the shock of the century that bad people might not always treat their fellow inmate with tender concern, is it?

Absolutely, LM .. spot on.

R: Your feeling is a disabled person should not go to a local prison, 'normal' prison. Should go to a hospital section?

M: That's correct...

R: Because there are baths there?

Roux now saying he has received many calls from wardens there are no baths in prisons, shower doors broken, cement floors.

Roux reads from a report that recommends courts should consider giving non-custodial sentences to disabled ppl.

M:...we consider the nature of the crime....also if this person has developed inside. We wld like the opp to take this person inside...ensure there won't be further offending outside...

Judge just corrected Roux's page number.
BIB - and that's actually what the punishment is supposed to be. Taking away someone's freedom. It really wouldn't hurt OP to have some of that freedom taken away for a while, and if he gets anger management classes, it might (might) lessen the chance another person will end up dead at his hands.

ZM says he should go into the hospital section of the prison. Roux wants to know how many baths there are in the "normal" part of the prison compared to the hospital section. The general prison has no baths. Now Roux wants to know if there are doors.

Newspaper rumours & innuendo is now evidence according to Roux, what about all the rumours & innuendo about his precious Oscar

The logical extension of the Defence's argument is that no-one should go to prison ever, let alone a disabled person from a decent background, because prisons are overcrowded, dangerous places.

You've summed up the defences strategy in one sentence there!

ZM says he finds it very interesting that correctional officers are calling Roux, very interesting.

M: It's very interesting that wardens would be calling you.

Roux tells him that's the way it is, and witness concedes no baths in normal prisons. But witness insists prisons he has seen have doors or curtains in showers.

I think Roux would like OP to be incarcerated in Buckingham Palace perhaps.

Modise challenges Roux's ridiculous claim that prison wardens call ROUX to complain!! :lol:

LOVE this witness. "I'm not aware I'm wasting time Milady" in response to Roux saying "We don't have to waste time on anything outside the hospital subject".

Is this going to be about those who've won things like prison brutality cases?

R: ...Mr P....what is suitable for the normal population is not suitable for him, do you agree?

And witness made courrt laugh by becoming slightly offended that Roux seemed to suggest he was 'wasting time'.

Good night everyone. I have to take my leave. I can't stand this any longer (for today anyway). I've finally accepted that OP is beyond the law (albeit the SA Law - but that's the most important law in this case.) Irrespective of what anyone says: by definition, jail is unpleasant largely because jail is populated by some very unpleasant people; anyone who commits a serious offence, and is consequently jailed, is at the mercy of these unpleasantries. OP murdered Reeva, he should face the unpleasant consequences - though *advertiser censored*!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper