DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey Schultz talks to David O’Sullivan about what happened in court today
VIDEO:

http://oscartrial.dstv.com/video/656914/category/0

"She is a liar just like her brother" - about Aimee

"I did not threaten anybody in court. I came in, I had a seat, I don't know where the allegations come from - they can go back and look at the video footage," he said.

When asked why he thought Aimee Pistorius was crying, he said maybe it was because "she realised her brother was going to jail".

Schultz said he was directed to sit close to the Pistorius family when he came in late but did not say anything. "They [are] the victims once again. The Pistorius's are clearly a bunch of liars along with Oscar."

When court was adjourned, Aimee Pistorius was crying. Her brother Carl comforted her as she wiped away tears.

Carl Pistorius allegedly told reporters the former boxer, who came in a few minutes before the case adjourned for lunch, mouthed "**** you" to his sister.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Pistoriuss-a-bunch-of-liars-Mikey-Schultz-20141016

I shall be really devastated for Nel & his team (and of course, the Steenkamps) if Pistorius is let off with a slapped wrist. They have really fought for Reeva...

"Reeva doesn't have a life because of what you did. So answer the questions and stop thinking about implications for YOU".....said from the heart, not just a pro doing his job, imo...& summed up the whole case for me.

There is an interview with the headmaster from Pretoria boarding school. He describes the moment Oscar’s mother visited (just before Oscar started attending the school). The headmaster wanted to introduce some special measures for Oscar - so he could cope with living in a boarding school. The mother argued that Oscar IS NOT disabled and shouldn’t have any privileges. - Just to compare to today’s arguments about prisons.

But honestly - isn’t it a bit sick to argue your child is not disabled in this situation? Wouldn't you want to make sure he can cope?

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJoXkohmQo

Headmaster from about 4:40

Snipped by me.

I don't understand his tweet. Who is he referring to? It makes no sense.

I don't think he's all that bright really but you're right, it doesn't really make sense in this context Maybe he thinks it comes from the Bible? Of course if it turns out it does then I'm the not so bright one. Anyway, the twitter responses have been largely negative towards him and his family.

Much as I would dearly love to see the lying killer suffer, I think it has to be correct that he be put in the hospital unit.

The punishment is going to prison, not what happens to you while you are there, so as long as he loses his freedom and has to do what he's told for a substantial number of years then I think justice will be served for Reeva.

I genuinely dread to think what will happen if he escapes with a non custodial sentence. SA will be (understandably) outraged and his life will probably be under threat...imo.

I agree with that. With everything that has happened since the sentence ( everyone believing he will get a suspended or community service) I think most people would be grudgingly happy with a substantial term served in a hospital unit.

I hope that Nel points out in closing that it's a monstrous idea that someone with OP's disability and diet needs, blah blah, shouldn't be put in prison. He cannot be seen to be immune from punishment just because his egg yolks might not be the right shade of yellow, or someone might run off with his legs! And what about if in the future, he kills again, will he always be allowed to stay out of prison? He'll still have the same disability.

I do feel that if he's not given any prison time at all, and is allowed a choice of community service, that the whole system is not only corrupt and unjust, but sets a precedent where everyone who has 'needs' can appeal their sentence. I'm sure his family will visit all the time, and if there are any complaints, they'll be made public and sorted out. He'll be shielded in a hospital wing FFS. What more assurances does Roux want?

Snipped by me.

I don't understand his tweet. Who is he referring to? It makes no sense.
It's called a Subtweet. It's when you post a Tweet or a Retweet meant for a specific individual or individuals but refrain from tweeting directly to that individuals twitter account using thier @usernames. It can be viewed as passive/aggressive tweeting. jmo

A ruthless prison gang leader has threatened to 'take out' Oscar Pistorius if he is given preferential treatment in jail, a court heard today. Khalil Subjee - known as The General - said he would order 'a hit' on the double-amputee if his fame and wealth bought him an easy time behind bars.

Defence lawyer Barry Roux quoted the claims from a newspaper article to argue that the athlete's life would be at risk if he was jailed for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. If he is jailed, the Paralympian will likely be sent to Kgosi Mumpuru prison in Pretoria, where feared gangs are notorious for turning new inmates into sex slaves in exchange for protection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jail-term-oscar-pistorius.html#ixzz3GJbQo6gH

I sometimes wonder if the Defence puts ideas into journalists' heads to write such an article which they can then bring to court. ...just as Roux claimed that wardens had phoned him about conditions in the prisons.

Here is a pic of Aimee crying after the incident. Looks more like tears for Oscar more than fear to me.......

http://img.24liveblog.com/2014/10/16/1413455090725808.jpg

I suspect it is attention seeking behaviour. Who on earth would cry, even if someone had sworn at them which apparently Schulz didn't. One might have got a little angry. Aimee seemed to dislike the fact that Schultz et al might be associated with them as they were sitting on the Pistorius Bench. Interesting A thinks the P's were allocated a Bench for them alone - not sure she is correct there.

A ruthless prison gang leader has threatened to 'take out' Oscar Pistorius if he is given preferential treatment in jail, a court heard today. Khalil Subjee - known as The General - said he would order 'a hit' on the double-amputee if his fame and wealth bought him an easy time behind bars.

Defence lawyer Barry Roux quoted the claims from a newspaper article to argue that the athlete's life would be at risk if he was jailed for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. If he is jailed, the Paralympian will likely be sent to Kgosi Mumpuru prison in Pretoria, where feared gangs are notorious for turning new inmates into sex slaves in exchange for protection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jail-term-oscar-pistorius.html#ixzz3GJbQo6gH

I sometimes wonder if the Defence puts ideas into journalists' heads to write such an article which they can then bring to court. ...just as Roux claimed that wardens had phoned him about conditions in the prisons.

'The General' probably did say that but so what really. It would have been this big fish talking himself up and if not, he should have been 'smarter' and not made his intentions known. Pistorius will be the most cossetted and comfortable prisoner in the whole system and as such will run much less risk of violence against him than your average prisoner IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member