Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
• pistorius will have time to reflect on his crime, learn new work skills, and can further his education whilst in prison.

RSBM - All very good points sleuth-d but did you notice how Masipa seemed quite interested in the training and courses available? After all, the social worker said all he knows how to do is run and no-one is interested in seeing him do that any more even if he could get elite competition fit. I suggest panel beating so he can take his anger out on sheets of metal.

RSBM - All very good points sleuth-d but did you notice how Masipa seemed quite interested in the training and courses available? After all, the social worker said all he knows how to do is run and no-one is interested in seeing him do that any more even if he could get elite competition fit. I suggest panel beating so he can take his anger out on sheets of metal.

.. you mean like he did on the bath panel? :floorlaugh:

Talking of which, I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw a proper, clear photo of the damage to that panel fairly recently .. I hadn't seen it properly before, and I hadn't realised just how obvious it was that that damage happened the night he killed Reeva .. there is NO WAY that type of damage was done at any other time, or by any other object than the cricket bat. It all adds up to OP being in one heck of a rage!

bbm.
i believe that is a ten year course.

Didn't watch today's proceedings, and do not know too much about these Schultz etc, but I am just wondering - he or these other characters can not exactly be relied upon for their honesty, integrity etc. How difficult is it to buy them over and stage a drama like what happened today? Is it beyond the OP family to engineer this whole thing so as to generate some more sympathy from the judge and the assessors? I always found it strange that they were in the court to `show their support for the Steenkamp family', because I am not sure if that is a positive or a negative for the Steenkamps.

EDIT: Why am I the only person who keeps accidentally pressing "reply" instead of "reply with quote"???? I am driving myself mad doing it!

You aren't! :) But when I do it:

1. I go to the post I should have quoted
2. I press "reply with quote"
3. Copy the contents of the reply box, then
4. Go back and edit my post, pasting the quote in.

Didn't watch today's proceedings, and do not know too much about these Schultz etc, but I am just wondering - he or these other characters can not exactly be relied upon for their honesty, integrity etc. How difficult is it to buy them over and stage a drama like what happened today? Is it beyond the OP family to engineer this whole thing so as to generate some more sympathy from the judge and the accessors? I always found it strange that they were in the court to `show their support for the Steenkamp family', because I am not sure if that is a positive or a negative for the Steenkamps.

Don’t think you can buy Mikey. Besides he’s best friends with Jared Mortimer - that’s the chap Oscar had problems with recently at a night club. Agree though on the "honesty and integrity" bit.

Didn't watch today's proceedings, and do not know too much about these Schultz etc, but I am just wondering - he or these other characters can not exactly be relied upon for their honesty, integrity etc. How difficult is it to buy them over and stage a drama like what happened today? Is it beyond the OP family to engineer this whole thing so as to generate some more sympathy from the judge and the assessors? I always found it strange that they were in the court to `show their support for the Steenkamp family', because I am not sure if that is a positive or a negative for the Steenkamps.

I think the opposite. That they were in court to intimidate Pistorius, and to make them think that prison might actually be a safe haven for him in the near future.

Kim Martin's testimony. Dear god, what hell they've gone through.

Reeva sounded like a truly wonderful, warm, generous person. She had such a bright future.

June and Barry sound utterly delightful, my kind of people (as well as the extended family, including the Myers).

The Steenkamps are the utter antithesis of the Pistorius family.

Bright sunshine to blackest night.

In fact, compared to the Pistorius clan's ostentatious courtroom prayer meetings (image is everything, right Oz? Spit out that gum!) and self-righteous Bible-tweets, the Steenkamps come across as the true, humble Christians.

Didn't watch today's proceedings, and do not know too much about these Schultz etc, but I am just wondering - he or these other characters can not exactly be relied upon for their honesty, integrity etc. How difficult is it to buy them over and stage a drama like what happened today? Is it beyond the OP family to engineer this whole thing so as to generate some more sympathy from the judge and the accessors? I always found it strange that they were in the court to `show their support the Steenkamp family', because I am not sure if that is a positive or a negative for the Steenkamps.

I somewhat agree, it couldn't have been more perfectly planned, the way AP reacted just seems over the top, firstly about request for the men to move and then her outburst at being insulted. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

Very sad that this Schultz business is what's making the headlines when it should have been The following line from Kim Martin
"Pistorius must pay for what he's done".

Remember too that OP will more than likely still walk away even if he got a prison sentence because he would then appeal it.

Very sad that this Schultz business is what's making the headlines when it should have been The following line from Kim Martin
"Pistorius must pay for what he's done".

Absolutely. It didn’t have to though - nothing much happened. The Holy Family manipulated the media, again.

A ruthless prison gang leader has threatened to 'take out' Oscar Pistorius if he is given preferential treatment in jail, a court heard today. Khalil Subjee - known as The General - said he would order 'a hit' on the double-amputee if his fame and wealth bought him an easy time behind bars.

Defence lawyer Barry Roux quoted the claims from a newspaper article to argue that the athlete's life would be at risk if he was jailed for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. If he is jailed, the Paralympian will likely be sent to Kgosi Mumpuru prison in Pretoria, where feared gangs are notorious for turning new inmates into sex slaves in exchange for protection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jail-term-oscar-pistorius.html#ixzz3GJbQo6gH

I sometimes wonder if the Defence puts ideas into journalists' heads to write such an article which they can then bring to court. ...just as Roux claimed that wardens had phoned him about conditions in the prisons.

Could have been in the works for sometime now. Maybe Uncle has friends who r journalist. This whole trial has been an escape plan for Op.
Now if he gets out of jail free card they better start printing thousands of them. All inmates deserve the same treatment as OP. IMO

Remember too that OP will more than likely still walk away even if he got a prison sentence because he would then appeal it.

He won’t - too risky. The verdict might be changed to dolus eventualis by the Court of Appeal. I bet Roux and OP know that.

I'm in agreement with those that think they are there to intimidate Pistorius (half have had run-ins with him before, especially Bachelor) plus they are supposedly friends of Sam Taylor, or at least Bachelor is. Maybe the Myers girls too. I think they all ran in the same small clubbing, horse racing etc circles and are roughly the same ages so they'd have that kind of friends of friends, acquaintances of acquaintances network going on. Plus I think Mortimer (the night club guy) was introduced to OP by a mutual friend on the night of their altercation.

Also, if it's a cunning ploy by the Pistorii then Mikey played his part too well I reckon - he has been scathing about Pistorius and the rest of the family in his interviews since the incident today - calling them all liars, OP a murderer, think they own the joint, that kind of thing. Overall I think it's a very minor storm in a teacup - Milady is maybe not even aware of it and if so, probably accords it little weight. It'll be like the OP hissing at Gina Myers 'how do you sleep at night'. Made good headlines and twitter traffic but didn't amount to much IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member