Trial Discussion Thread #8 - 14.03.17, Day 11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo of the exterior of the bathroom window makes it clear to me why Dr. Stipp was able to see (as he described it) the left 1/3 of that window from top to bottom - because that portion of the window was open.

I think the window had been open all along, and OP just incorporated it into his story, when he knew full well that it had been open.

I do honestly think this trial has been rushed. its a huge trial and mounting a defence and a prosecution is the enemy of time.. I would have thought 18 to 20 months.. put it another way.. It cant have been smooth running for either the defence Or the prosecution to get this trial to court in the time that has elapsed..

just going out on a limb.. I think Roux has made a mis step here.. Oscar says.. Van Stad took a great many pictures of him , that's a bit subjective, considering the circumstances..

3 or 4 may have felt a 'great many'..

I think the blood spatter evidence is going to be enlightening too. Not the out of place ones on walls, but the main ones, in the toilet. To me, they are not consistent with someone shot and then dragged out. Also, the blood in the toilet bowl itself.....I don't understand why it is all so centered in the toilet, with the outer edges of the rim unstained.

It looks like Reeva was shot with her head hanging right over the toilet.

the thing about those blood splatters..on the bed headboard ... see.. I thought.. well. he went back to put his legs on and get the cricket bat and..

then I realized.. no blood spatter had shot backwards out the door, of the toilet.. the panels were not beaten, the panel hadn't been ripped out , because that hadn't been done yet.... soooo..

I think the blood spatter evidence is going to be enlightening too. Not the out of place ones on walls, but the main ones, in the toilet. To me, they are not consistent with someone shot and then dragged out. Also, the blood in the toilet bowl itself.....I don't understand why it is all so centered in the toilet, with the outer edges of the rim unstained.

It looks like Reeva was shot with her head hanging right over the toilet.

I think you're on to something there, Zwiebel!

I would have thought the exit wound to her head would have caused a large blood stain on a wall, if she had been upright. I was surprised there wasn't more blood on the toilet room walls.

Maybe the bullet that exited her skull was the one later found in the toilet bowl.

I do honestly think this trial has been rushed. its a huge trial and mounting a defence and a prosecution is the enemy of time.. I would have thought 18 to 20 months.. put it another way.. It cant have been smooth running for either the defence Or the prosecution to get this trial to court in the time that has elapsed..

Agreed. They were rushing over to Apple HQ with the phone as the trial got underway. It's a shame as forensic analysis of cells and computers could be so important here, but that stuff can take a long time, just to find the right experts. I just don't know if they have got what I believe is there, waiting to be found.

Although of course, there maybe messages sent to other people, who have handed them over willingly.

I think you're on to something there, Zwiebel!

I would have thought the exit wound to her head would have caused a large blood stain on a wall, if she had been upright. I was surprised there wasn't more blood on the toilet room walls.

Maybe the bullet that exited her skull was the one later found in the toilet bowl.

Exactly. Somehow, I always thought the blood looked 'staged'. Obviously, you can't stage blood really.....but you can stage a bleeding body, to bleed in certain places. And maybe that is why OP was so sure Reeva was still alive in that toilet.

The duvet is interesting. If I understood correctly, there were blood spots that couldn't be seen until the duvet was smoothed out. This implies that it was crumpled and thrown on the floor AFTER any blood was deposited.

Why would OP rearrange the bedding? Perhaps to hide the fact that it hadn't been slept in that night?

Have police been able to establish that the bullets that went through the door are actually the ones that entered Reeva's body? I saw one distorted one, but can't recollect where they said they had retrieved it. And the one in her hip couldn't be found?

VS took 9 pics of OP

Nel just got irritated by some odd request about pics from Roux.

missed a bit. Roux is back on his fetish about Hilton Botha.. what time did Botha arrive??

he arrived at 4.50am..how did you arrive at that time??

I looked at my watch , milady

4.54 VS stopped by the scene and went to Mr Botha who was outside the house.

yea.. 9 pics.. what is he moaning about?? he just KILLED someone.

anyways..

W.O. Botha.. he said, the accused shot his girlfriend....

did he say anything else??? yes Botha asked me to accompany him around the scene..

VS: Botha said 'The accused shot his girlfriend. I asked him to accompany me on the scene. He showed me the porch, the deceased, then to the first floor bedroom and bathroom.....we remained there minutes.

Roux wants to know what they were looking for. VS says it was just to acclimatise himself but Roux is persevering.

Then they went back to the ground floor, then to the garage. 'Where I found Mr P, the accused'.

Roux asks what OP's emotional state was. VS says very quite and emotional.

Ugh. Roux asking if OP vomited. VS doesn't know, thank heavens.

Trooper, don't you think the defence ballistic expert looks like Andrew Robb from the Federal Libs? lol

took me thru to the main bedroom and the bathroom

How long did you remain in there??

minutes...

what did you look for??

I looked for the overall scene. the components of the overall scene..

what did you focus on?

the first time, accompanied by Botha I focused on the layout, the placement..

and then from there?

to the ground level..

and then??

I proceeded to the garage.. ( sorry this is Roux x -examining the states witness)

did you see what Oscars emotional state was?

he was very quiet.. very emotional.

what does emotional mean to you? ?

it means crying.. in a crying state..

did he vomit??

no. says, van stat... ( silly grin here )

I told Oscar who I was, what I was going to do.

where was Botha??

outside the garage..

I then spoke to Col Von Rensburg.. he was in the kitchen..

I waited by the door of the garage..

you then find that Oscar has had permission to wash his hands..

I closed the door again.. Oscar said.. yes, he did. he washed his hands..

I then commenced to take a test.

I did a test.. gunfire test?? primary gunfire test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member