Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the bible belt (GA, specifically) and have heard such phrases at funerals as "he's in a better place/I wouldn't bring him back"... in regards to an aged person, or a person suffering a painful, incurable, deadly disease.

I think it's an odd thing to say about a healthy young child who suddenly died. JMO!
The BBM is simply not the case. That phrase has nothing to do with age, illness or suffering. Religious people (and some that are not) believe that heaven is a better place to live than living life here on earth. This pertains to all ages whether they were ill, suffering or not. IMO

I'm curious if LH's testimony will change at all after hearing/seeing the details of all his other gals. That's assuming she's following along, and that she wasn't already privy to all the details.

Are witnesses allowed to watch testimony of others before they are on the stand? (honest question)

I'm in the bible belt (GA, specifically) and have heard such phrases at funerals as "he's in a better place/I wouldn't bring him back"... in regards to an aged person, or a person suffering a painful, incurable, deadly disease.

I think it's an odd thing to say about a healthy young child who suddenly died. JMO!
I don't remember the exact line but I think if we continue along w LH quote it was something along the lines of "I wouldn't bring him back if I could" "He is in such a better place" "I don't want him to experience the cruelties of this world" No doubt LH was in shock and hurting a lot. She was possibly using her beliefs and religion as a coping mechanism in her time of need. Just an assumption on my part. I wasn't there and I don't share the same religion and I haven't seen a funeral recording nor heard her testify and be questioned. Like many, as I have heard the comments I find them a little odd.

re: Meadows, I am curious what the time frame of "recently" found items that she gave the State from her computer? I find it interesting when people save certain messages. Especially one from 9/25/13.

It was said to be unreadable so she wrote what it said. She had to put it in context.

I wonder if she has been watching this live stream too. She appeared to be maybe medicated. She must have been different because Kilgore asked her if she was mad at him. She said no.

JMHO, all these ladies, (we do not know about the one that was still underage and no coverage on her) but not only is there a pattern of RH but all these ladies did the same. It appears they had posted first and he replied to one of their comments or images posted. They all sent him body parts too. All said were sexual (that why they are witnesses here) but they all have said that RH loved Cooper. They all spoke about sex, they all consensual communications for a length of time. Unless I missed something having to refresh. << and today I have to go back because that happened couple times today.

JMHO so are these ladies been put where they are so that the Jury will have a mental thought about RH prior to hearing anything from Stoddar and other LEO?
Surly there is more computer/phone stuff. Using the scheduling as an excuse (a valid one to a point since they are out of town) but I think it also a mental thing too. JMHO

Just a side note - not directed to anyone - I am really appalled at the level of denial around this case.

JRH messaged on Whisper about escaping from his family, then moments later left Cooper to bake to death in a hot car.

If JRH's entire defense is that he "forgot" then that is impossible because you cannot forget about someone you are talking about at that moment. They are in your mind because you are talking about them.

JRH could remember Cooper after a fifteen to twenty minute drive from his house to Chik-Fil-A, but could not remember Cooper three to six minutes after leaving Chik-Fil-A (after holding Cooper in his arms, strapping him in, telling him he loved him, hearing Cooper say "school"), while talking about escaping his family on a Whisper app? This is the most implausible and incredulous situation I have ever seen in my entire life.

These simple things alone should be enough to tip the scales to guilty, aside from all the weird decisions and out of character behaviors he exhibited the day of Cooper's death. But somehow I'm expected to coddle JRH like he is an innocent victim of a terrible conspiracy theory by LE to ruin his life for absolutely no reason at all. I'm supposed to believe he's innocent despite JRH himself admitting he has no conscience, and the sheer mountain of evidence the prosecution has presented that proves JRH wanted to live like a single twenty-something instead of the thirty-something married father he really was. I'm supposed to put aside my own logic and reason aside and arrive to a conclusion that requires a great deal of denial and rationalization to achieve.

You'd might as well tell me to open my head, dig out my brain and throw it away. This is just like the OJ trial where everyone but the defendant is being put on trial, where no amount of evidence is ever enough to convict because the defendant is so privileged he becomes legally untouchable. I want to hope the jury is smarter than this, but then I don't see anyone learning anything from either the OJ trial or Casey Anthony trial.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

re: Meadows, I am curious what the time frame of "recently" found items that she gave the State from her computer? I find it interesting when people save certain messages. Especially one from 9/25/13.

It was said to be unreadable so she wrote what it said. She had to put it in context.

I wonder if she has been watching this live stream too. She appeared to be maybe medicated. She must have been different because Kilgore asked her if she was mad at him. She said no.

JMHO, all these ladies, (we do not know about the one that was still underage and no coverage on her) but not only is there a pattern of RH but all these ladies did the same. It appears they had posted first and he replied to one of their comments or images posted. They all sent him body parts too. All said were sexual (that why they are witnesses here) but they all have said that RH loved Cooper. They all spoke about sex, they all consensual communications for a length of time. Unless I missed something having to refresh. << and today I have to go back because that happened couple times today.

JMHO so are these ladies been put where they are so that the Jury will have a mental thought about RH prior to hearing anything from Stoddar and other LEO?
Surly there is more computer/phone stuff. Using the scheduling as an excuse (a valid one to a point since they are out of town) but I think it also a mental thing too. JMHO

Her demeanor changed as soon as DT began going into other chats...I thought she mouthed, "my job!," when she scanned down and saw the chats about her "working here til Sunday," or something like that. Then he asked if she was a caregiver. She also noticeably rolled her eyes when "Austin" was first named in the chats...as if she didn't think these things would be asked about, much like which college she attends/attended.

ETA: seemed to really strike a nerve with her when DT mentioned her medical condition.
MOO

The BBM is simply not the case. That phrase has nothing to do with age, illness or suffering. Religious people (and some that are not) believe that heaven is a better place to live than living life here on earth. This pertains to all ages whether they were ill, suffering or not. IMO

Respectfully, I'm giving actual examples of what I have witnessed and discussed with close loved ones, and what I'm saying is 'simply not the case"? :waitasec:

So the religious and non religious people who have actually told me that was how they felt, and why they felt that way...were lying? Iwas lying when I felt that way? Surely you can respect that your opinion on who uses those phrases and why and how they use them might not be universal.

Really think about that though ....

He wouldn't divorce because he didn't want to hurt Cooper by having a broken home. But he'll go ahead and kill Cooper so he can get divorced? That does not make any sense at all. None.

I'm not sure how much I believe Ross about loving Cooper. I think he put on a good show. MOO! Seems like Ross enjoyed his "other life" much more than his "real one".. I think his ego was getting too big having these women want him, and for life of me I don't understand why...

Both Leanne & Cooper deserved better than RH. As much as RH professed to love Cooper & if his death was an accident why was'nt he more distraught in the jail holding pen & in the back of the patrol car? I can't make sense of the lack of an emotional response to the death of "his little buddy".

It's getting to many of us. Very emotional trial. But please keep in mind we haven't even heard LH testify yet. We have heard soundbites. No doubt, she will be an important witness to answer many of the questions many of us want answers to. Before the trial started, I thought RH has Googled "child-free" but now we have seen the actual texting conversation that converts that entire conversation into a shared reddit clicked link context.

Respectfully, I am not a cold hearted person. I have great empathy for this child who lost his life. And for his parents and all extended family. Having said that, it is not an emotional trial to me because I am following testimony and evidence presented. I have not formed an opinion of the defendant. I am seeing about him what the State wants told about him. In the Defense part of the case, I will hear their side. I fully expect the State to pull some from the Def witness. State has the Burden of Proof.

But most importantly for me, I am learning information on Cross, that the State didn't pull out. Some, it appears in several instances the Defense may not have known prior (hard to say because they don't give much away) but they are very strategic in how they ask and get info. I see comments of how they think the Defense is having bad days or didn't get much. JMHO I have seen something from each witness that the Def has gotten. Some things will be used later. Some if your paying attention have already impeached some witnesses. Its very interesting on which days Stoddard has been in the courtroom.

Was also interesting that they had Officer Folgia to come in off of Patrol and work on Smiths reports and analysis of RH iPhone5S. Remember she is the one that RH cursed at? or maybe it was Piper he said F you too but Folgia was Officer Gallimore partner. Sidenote: Lindsey Folgia is no longer a Patrol Officer, she is as of April 2016 a Detective in Crimes Against Children Unit.

Curious how many witness are still under subpoena? ME Dr. Frist I know, heard that stated as he was stepping down. Also just because a witness is subpoena on either side does not mean they will actually be called.

Both Leanne & Cooper deserved better than RH. As much as RH professed to love Cooper & if his death was an accident why was'nt he more distraught in the jail holding pen & in the back of the patrol car? I can't make sense of the lack of an emotional response to the death of "his little buddy".

As someone else pointed out, when he was in jail in the holding area, he acted like he was at a baseball game with his arm slung over the chair and making small talk with the guys.

If it were my kid, I wouldn't be in a holding cell. I'd be in a rubber room because I'd want to end my life.

This is true. I can't imagine what condition I would be in after learning my child died because of my (in)actions. Of course I can't know for sure, but I really, really, really don't think I could handle a run-of-the-mill conversation with strangers. I would be hyper-focused on my own little family and my deep, unbearable remorse. Strangers in a jail cell won't even exist, let alone be someone to chat with.

Then again, he does like to chat.

jmo

I tend to want to be objective about trials. At WS there is a great deal of both. Guess that is what makes this a great place.

An objective perspective is one that is not influenced by emotions, opinions, or personal feelings - it is a perspective based in fact, in things quantifiable and measurable.

A subjective perspective is one open to greater interpretation based on personal feeling, emotion, aesthetics, etc.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-objective-and-subjective

**There is a 2nd iPhone4S that was in his briefcase in the front floor bed of his SUV. Just reminder so we keep straight. Unsure what is on the 4S yet.

(Snipped) I had not heard there were 2 phones. Interesting ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sex is nothing more than sex to a large portion of society these days. Look at the prevalence of hookup apps like Tinder.

I think some of those who are commenting about the sexting don't realize that its not a big moral quandary to send nude photos or have explicit sexual conversations with virtual strangers these days.

It's been that way since time immemorial, ancient history tells it's own tale. ;-) There just wasn't access to SO many people.

It's obviously not a big moral quandary for some, but open to interpretation just how many people do engage in it, we can't generalise. I hear what you're saying though, things are very different 'these days'.
The point most made in relation to the girls in the trial, they wouldn't dream they'd be hauled into court as a witness in a murder case for doing something online they thought was private. And there's the rub. Anything virtual once out there, stays out there. I find that quite frightening, and I don't consider myself prudish.

=Hope4More;12883626]In Leanna's faith, selfless love of God means trusting absolutely in God's will, accepting that everything is part of His plan, and submitting (emphasized) to His will.

Selfless love (in this context)also means trusting that Cooper is safe with God and existing in a state of perfect joy (he died an innocent, before he was considered responsible for sins, so is perfectly pure). To wish for him to return would be the ultimate act of selfishness, and an admission of a failure of faith, just when she most needed her faith to endure (she has said this).

________

Personally I don't think Leanna owes anyone an explanation about anything, much less about something so profoundly personal as to why she grieved the way she did over the sudden, preventable, horribly painful death of her only baby-- whether or not that grief conformed to the expectations of perfect strangers.

For anyone trying to understand why she said and did what she said and did, though, imo understanding her faith is a good place to start.

Respectfully, some of us actually understand her faith and still find it odd that she volunteered the information, unasked, at his funeral, that she wouldn't bring him back.

"I miss him with all of my heart. Would I bring him back? No. To bring him back into this broken world would be selfish," she said.

Why not just leave it at "I miss him with all my heart."? Still aligns with her faith, yes?

What many found more odd was this section, where she mentions how happy she is her dead son won't experience, well.....life:

She then went on to list the things she was happy her son will skip: His first heartbreak, junior high and high school [the audience laughed as she said she didn't like either one of them], who to sit with at lunch in those awkward middle school years. She also said he will not have to suffer through the deaths of his grandparents and the deaths of his father and mother.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/06/30/georgia-toddler-hot-car-cooper-harris-leanna-funeral

Respectfully, there is no right or wrong here. There are some who understand her religion, and still find the words of the mother odd, even in context of her religion. That's all!

If he's harmless then way not make men friends instead of all these women?

We only know about the women because of the charges.
:blushing: but we know of 1 man that he met, according to testimony anyways. Not sure where he "met" him to meet up with later though.

How many of these ladies have been from Skout? I think 1 today for sure. But on that profile it states he was married. Wonder what the others say? and OMG do people not have mirrors at home or around anymore. Why always a bathroom! Urinals lol so know he a guy?
[video=twitter;789175447569309696]https://twitter.com/courtchatter/status/789175447569309696[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper