Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is under a court order and instructions from counsel that she cannot watch others' testimony, read news or talk to people about the trial. The reason for this is so that witnesses such as Leanna will not modify their upcoming testimony based on what other witnesses have said.

I'm sure she knows all of it any way - I am pretty sure the state would fill her in when they were trying to get her to testify against Ross.

I think it might have been the last trial thread this was discussed, but Leanna is a victim in this case and as such she CAN watch the testimony. OCGA 17-17-9

Would someone kindly tell me what is happening? Have they had witnesses or what and why is there no live feed? TIA

I believe they had a break after the state and now the witness is being cross examined.

This my opinion.

For the first few days, I had my doubts about this being intentional. After hearing all these girls talk, and the way he portrayed himself on social media (Yes, I'm married, just want to talk), he was a pro at grooming naive, young girls. Portraying himself as a loving father is a trigger for young girls. They see them as a stable father figure, a sweetheart. Thoughts probably went through their head like "Yes, he's married, but his wife isn't treating him how he deserves so it's okay." Young girls are so impressionable.
My point is, after hearing these girls, I really feel like RH did this on purpose and after he got out of being a father and a husband, he'd have an even more compelling story to tell young girls so they would feel sorry for him. I know it's disturbing, but I believe this guy is a sociopath.

Yeah, because what young girl wouldn't be smitten with a guy that accidentally killed his son?

Would someone kindly tell me what is happening? Have they had witnesses or what and why is there no live feed? TIA

The witness was 16 yr old when began sexting R. 6/18/14 this witness and RH were sexting. This is one of the charges w/a minor.

Good point, thanks. But 5 minutes of testimony was all the State needed to get RH convicted on that charge. Cut and dry. The rest of her testimony, imo, was indeed a redundant effort to keep the jury focused on the theme of RH is a bad man, maybe timed to counterbalance the upcoming Stoddard is a bad cop narrative . ;)

Since we can't watch the testimony, there is simply no way to know how short, or cut and dry it needs to be. You have no idea what this testmmony includes.

So unlikely Stoddard will begin before lunch then?

Minor is still testifying. They will probably call Stoddard after lunch, around 1:00 pm. It's almost 11:30 on the east coast, I can't imagine them calling him before Noon if he is to be called today.

They usually take a 15 minute break around 10:15 or 10:30 every day, break for an hour lunch around Noon, and take another 15 minute afternoon break around 3:00.

At least that's been their pattern from the beginning.

Thanks JG, I was about to ask the typical lunch time there, getting confused. This trial's throwing my days off, 5 hours ahead. Could be worse my days were practically upside down in the Arias trial. Need to organise today round Stoddard.

Quick ETA:

And here's Stoddard now!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 12s12 seconds ago
#RossHarris - Note: As the lead detective in this case Stoddard has been allowed to be in the courtroom since day 1. #HotCarDeath

This should be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[video=twitter;789487288384417793]https://twitter.com/courtchatter/status/789487288384417793[/video]

I agree, and evidently this one was sexting on 6/18/14 so it is a huge one for the State and Defense to do their job. JMHO that's why this one is taking so long.

Why is it huge? He was sexting with multiple women on the 18th. The defense isn't disputing that, nor that he sexted with a minor that day.

often many people are put on a list and never called...they may have done that in case defense did not include her.

..or perhaps making sure that she was not allowed in the courtroom during the trial previous to her testimony... And giving her much anticipation

Ross does sound like Cooper was in the way in some of his conversations. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member