Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Interrogation tape being played again, #RossHarris doesn't think he should be charged for felony murder. #HotCarDeath

Wait...the video showing right now, they are talking about malicious intent. ???

Stoddard mentions the malicious intent part, likely repeating int right after RH's defense of it not like going to the grocery store and purposefully leaving a baby in the car.

I told you there was some relevance to witnesses intentionally avoiding the word "decomposition"

Omg, the scrambling to make it all sound kosher. And, the story of why 1st degree charged, then changed to 2nd is frankly flat out unbelievable, imo.

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 49s49 seconds ago
Det. states he did examine the vehicle and when he entered it the car had a foul order to him. #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath #hotcarcase

Anyone have a good live link? Mine from 11alive gets shutting off. TIA

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 2m2 minutes ago
Det. Stoddard says his definition of decomposition is not scientific, it's just his smell of death from yrs of being a cop. #hotcardeath

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#RossHarris -When Stoddard put his head inside the vehicle, hours later, "there was a foul odor, I associate that odor w/death" #hotcardeath

Omg, the scrambling to make it all sound kosher. And, the story of why 1st degree charged, then changed to 2nd is frankly flat out unbelievable, imo.

So far, ALL of this testimony from Stoddard is nothing more than damage control. IMO

so Leanna is a dietician by education and her husband seems to eat non stop Fast Food. If I hear Chick fil'a much more ....

I'm listening while at work so I may have misheard. Did Stoddard say that (re: those 2 receipts found) JRH dropped Cooper off at daycare and THEN went to ChikFilA both of those times?

so Leanna is a dietician by education and her husband seems to eat non stop Fast Food. If I hear Chick fil'a much more ....

The Chik-Fil-A aspect of this trial is so bizarre.

Trial resumes. Lead detective Phil Stoddard returns to the witness stand.

Stoddard says while in the interview room, Harris crumpled up and threw away a Publix receipt from lunch the day of Cooper's death. After the interview, detectives pulled it out and entered it into evidence. The receipt says Harris purchased his lunch at 11:54 a.m.

Prosecution plays another video of an interview with Harris in the interrogation room. Harris argues with Stoddard about the charges he's facing. "Your actions caused his death," Stoddard says. "How is that against the law?" Harris asks.

Stoddard says after the interrogation, he went to see Harris' car. He says there was a strong "odor of death" inside.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
On the day Cooper died #Rossharris was on Whisper 4 minutes before he arrived at the Chick Fil A. #Hotcardeath

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46s47 seconds ago
#Rossharris never commented to Detective Stoddard he had any distractions the day Cooper died #hotcardeath

I'm listening while at work so I may have misheard. Did Stoddard say that (re: those 2 receipts found) JRH dropped Cooper off at daycare and THEN went to ChikFilA both of those times?

Correct.

how could he still be at CFA when those texts were sent 30 seconds before pulling into the Treehouse? And, the text sent 4 minutes before going into CFA does not mean it was sent "in transit." He could have ben sitting in his car in the parking lot.

Det. Stoddard has taken the witness stand.

Friday’s testimony stopped off after watching a video of Harris with his then-wife Leanna and another of Stoddard interviewing the defendant.

Stoddard said after he put Harris back in the cell he met with his staff to go through the evidence in the case and talk about what the appropriate charges would be.

At that time they charged cruelty to a child in the first. The child needed something, wasn’t given it and died. This charge doesn’t require malice.

Harris was photographed to document what he was wearing and how he looked leaving the Home Depot office that day, Stoddard testified.

Also, Harris had thrown away a Publix receipt, which was later recovered by police. It was for a 3-piece chicken tender meal with sweet tea.

After Stoddard told Harris about the cruelty to a child charge, Harris “there was no malicious intent,” the detective said. At that point, Stoddard said he had never mentioned anything about “malicious intent” to Harris.

When Harris said that, another detective activated a video on his camera and recorded the rest of the interview.

Lead prosecutor Chuck Boring is now playing a video of that interview to the jury.

Stoddard says to Harris that what he did is murder. Harris asks to hear the actual Georgia statute for what constitutes murder.

“I understand you guys are doing your job,” Harris says.

I really am hoping for some kind of … I can’t miss supporting my family,” Harris says.

Stoddard says I’m not but the judge makes the decision on the bond and whether Harris would be able to get out of jail with bond or will be stuck there.

The next week after talking to the medical examiner they charged him with cruelty to a child in the second degree. It’s felony murder.

Stoddard said he later returned to Harris’ car to look at it more closely. He did not enter the car at the crime scene because they did not yet have a warrant.

“There was a foul odor inside that vehicle,” Stoddard testified of what he smelled when he put his head inside the SUV.

“I associate that odor with death. It’s that foul, stale odor that comes with a dead body,” Stoddard said.

He said as a detective he wasn’t saying the scientific version of decomposition but that it was a smell that he associates with death.

Boring is now asking about receipts the detectives obtained from Chick-fil-A where Harris went with Cooper on the day his son died, June 18, 2014. Stoddard is looking at copies of those receipts.

You don’t know when this was actually printed do you? lead defense attorney Maddox Kilgore said, holding up one of the receipts. No, Stoddard said.

The original receipts went missing, so Stoddard went back to the Chick-fil-A to get new copies.

“They appear to be the exact same copies,” Stoddard said. Kilgore has no objection to the receipts being entered into evidence.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
#RossHarris - 9:15am - still at Chick fil A - Ross responds to Whisper convo: "I love my son and all but we both need escapes." #Hotcardeath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13