Trial - Ross Harris #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense sure was upset about that visit to the car to see the car seat. Called it a disaster. I guess the car seat looked closer than they'd hoped and it was visible through the window?

I think they REALLY wanted a mistrial to avoid this latest witness. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much looking forward to the defense slapping down this bit of nonsense. And I very much hope the jury is as annoyed as I am about the State again and again and again and again and again trying to mislead them with transparently absurd "evidence" of searches that were perfectly innocuous.

I would have thought they learned something from the consequences of "misstating" facts about RH searches on the very day Cooper died.

RH leaned over and said something to Lumpkin and Lumpkin kinda smiled. He said something to Rodriguez also. What time they come back? Potty break and no drinking anything in case it blows up in there, I dont choke or have an accident :)

No. Could you please find the SS of those texts and look for yourself at the times?

I posted the link to them. HE SENDS A TEXT at 9:18:

Let's look at the timeline ....While inside the restaurant, around 9-ish, he began the convo with 'alwaysinmyfeelings' --- and he complained about his wife never wanting him to go out w/friends....texting continued as he LEFT CFA---

@ 9:15 am:" I love my son and all but we both need escapes.."

@ 9:18 am: he receives a text---maybe thats our issue too-I need a break from "love"

@ 9:18 am: Agreed

@9:24 am: *hug*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...der-trial.html

Let's look at the timeline ....While inside the restaurant, around 9-ish, he began the convo with 'alwaysinmyfeelings' --- and he complained about his wife never wanting him to go out w/friends....texting continued as he LEFT CFA---

@ 9:18 am: he receives a text---maybe thats our issue too-I need a break from "love"

Maybe the problem here is you've been looking at inaccurate info? Your link doesn't work, but there's a working link to a SS of those texts in the last post in the media links sticky. . On my phone so can't cut and paste, but no, sorry, he simply did not send a text at 9:18.

I read some of Dr Diamonds theories on Forgotten Baby Syndrome last night.

I don't think he will be able to easily fit this particular case into his theory.

He talks about 3 main things contributing;

---Sudden change in routine. -----we don't really have that here. Ross usually dropped off the baby and he often took him through the CFA drive through on way to daycare. So it was not a sudden change in routine for them.

---extra stress factors------ The defense might try and say he was under stress from work. But that might be a stretch considering he was focusing on random sexting partners, not work that morning.

---fatigue-----They may try and say he was overly tired because he had been up late and then up again early. But if they focus on WHY he was awake so late, and what he was doing all that time, it will add to the potential Criminal Neglect findings, imo.

Also, the very short time span from leaving CFA and forgetting the turn towards daycare being only about 30 seconds, is very problematic for them, in my opinion. I understand that 'forgetting' just takes an instant. But that has to be taken into context. There needs to be a period of time where automatic pilot kicks in. And he had just buckled the baby in, and the car seat was inches from his drivers seat. So it seems very unlikely that he could go so instantly into autopilot, while he had so many visual cues, and was also discussing him in a texting conversation.

Maybe the problem here is you've been looking at inaccurate info? Your link doesn't work, but there's a working link to a SS of those texts in the last post in the media links sticky. . On my phone so can't cut and paste, but no, sorry, he simply did not send a text at 9:18.

Hope4More. Please post what texts you have for the time of 9:18 to show RH was not on his phone. TY. After you can get to a computer to do so. TY again

Find the SS yet? If so, and you can copy and paste, could you please post it here? Or, maybe someone else can? Thanks.

What a day so far! Question- Didn't they lay out and agree to rules for the jurors, media and LE for the car review just yesterday? As it pertained to jurors; I thought it specifically said they are not to sit in, lean in or touch the vehicle. I thought they were allowed to walk around a certain amount of times with the door open and a certain number with door shut. They weren't allowed to touch the car so no one could lean on to look in a window. So leaning their heads in the driver side door might have been a big mistake that could come back to bite the state in appeal. I'm pretty sure jurors are admonished from conducting any "independent research or investigation" for multiple reasons. Even a juror who is not sequestered, if driving by a crime scene, isn't supposed to stop and look around. So this was a roll of the dice in a lot of ways.

The defense sure was upset about that visit to the car to see the car seat. Called it a disaster. I guess the car seat looked closer than they'd hoped and it was visible through the window?

I think they said that it was a disaster because they put the head in which Ross didn't do at lunch. So it's an alteration and not a fair depiction of his vantage point. This is why they laid out rules and why they objected in the first place.

I read some of Dr Diamonds theories on Forgotten Baby Syndrome last night.

I don't think he will be able to easily fit this particular case into his theory.

He talks about 3 main things contributing;

---Sudden change in routine. -----we don't really have that here. Ross usually dropped off the baby and he often took him through the CFA drive through on way to daycare. So it was not a sudden change in routine for them.

---extra stress factors------ The defense might try and say he was under stress from work. But that might be a stretch considering he was focusing on random sexting partners, not work that morning.

---fatigue-----They may try and say he was overly tired because he had been up late and then up again early. But if they focus on WHY he was awake so late, and what he was doing all that time, it will add to the potential Criminal Neglect findings, imo.

Also, the very short time span from leaving CFA and forgetting the turn towards daycare being only about 30 seconds, is very problematic for them, in my opinion. I understand that 'forgetting' just takes an instant. But that has to be taken into context. There needs to be a period of time where automatic pilot kicks in. And he had just buckled the baby in, and the car seat was inches from his drivers seat. So it seems very unlikely that he could go so instantly into autopilot, while he had so many visual cues, and was also discussing him in a texting conversation.

Very well said.

Another visual cue that I have not heard mentioned on WS or during the trial is Cooper's pediatrician's office. Kaiser is located just past the intersection on the way from CFA to the Treehouse.

Court resumes from lunch break. Persinger returns to the stand.

The "Agreed text" was not sent at 9:18.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161019/7fc55e47f7c42e1a82d9026e71bbf06c.png

I think they said that it was a disaster because they put the head in which Ross didn't do at lunch. So it's an alteration and not a fair depiction of his vantage point. This is why they laid out rules and why they objected in the first place.

I didn't see anywhere that the jurors stuck their heads in there. Besides, they were allowed to view the vehicle, they just couldn't touch it.

jurors were allowed to circle the car and look inside but were prohibited from touching any part of the vehicle. Harris was not present, having waived his right to observe.

Kilgore argued that there were too many variables at play to stage a faithful re-creation. “We have jurors of all different heights,” he said. “I’m 5 feet 5 and we have jurors even shorter than I am. Their view would’ve been totally and completely different than the evidence in this case.”

“The vehicle is evidence in this case,” Staley Clark said. “The jury has a right to look at every piece of evidence. An argument can be made that it was restrictive to them.”

The judge denied the defense’s motion for a mistrial.

“I don’t think it can’t be undone,” he said.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/brea...jurors-get-close-up-view-of-car-where-/nsyRF/

Two searches were done for a trips in July and August for two adults and no children, Persinger says.

I didn't see anywhere that the jurors stuck their heads in there. Besides, they were allowed to view the vehicle, they just couldn't touch it.

jurors were allowed to circle the car and look inside but were prohibited from touching any part of the vehicle. Harris was not present, having waived his right to observe.

Kilgore argued that there were too many variables at play to stage a faithful re-creation. “We have jurors of all different heights,” he said. “I’m 5 feet 5 and we have jurors even shorter than I am. Their view would’ve been totally and completely different than the evidence in this case.”

“The vehicle is evidence in this case,” Staley Clark said. “The jury has a right to look at every piece of evidence. An argument can be made that it was restrictive to them.”

The judge denied the defense’s motion for a mistrial.

“I don’t think it can’t be undone,” he said.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/brea...jurors-get-close-up-view-of-car-where-/nsyRF/

Did they show video of the jurors while they viewed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298