Trial - Ross Harris #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if these jurors actually gotten into their own car and tried to picture Cooper in a rear facing car seat and how Ross could possibly not notice him.

RH texted/sexted with, iirc, 35 or 36 women that day, "just" one of those being a minor, right? The other sexting was perfectly legal, but not, I imagine, anything RH would offer up to LE, any more than he offered it up to anyone in his life, much less to LE about what he was doing as his son died.

Yes, Ross said he had a 10 o'clock meeting. Maybe he couldn't provide more details about his workday because his entire work day was spent sexting. Or, maybe neither he or LE felt it was relevant to go in the weeds about what exactly he was doing at work, hour by hour. What difference did it make to the investigation at that point?

Whoa... I have missed that!

35 or 36 women?

I'm wondering if these jurors actually gotten into their own car and tried to picture Cooper in a rear facing car seat and how Ross could possibly not notice him.

Hope not, because that is a great big and explicit no-no. They aren't allowed to consider anything other than evidence presented in court, much less to go home and do experiments to decide what's credible or not. ;)

I wonder if Leanna ever drove the SUV with that seat in it and could see Cooper in there?

I don't find anything unusual about RH not providing his sexting info to the police when he gave a recap of his day. First of all, not too many people would admit to this. Esp if he thought he wasn't going to be arrested.

If I was in a similar position (having someone ask me to give a list of what I did all day), and I had spent the majority of it texting friends (since I don't sext with strangers, the closest scenario I could conceive would be texting with my girlfriends), I wouldn't think to include that. It would probably be lumped into "working" (even if I messed around for 90% of the day and didn't really work). Now if they straight out asked him about it and he lied, that's a different story.

So with sexting 90% of his day, coming into work at 9:30, taking a lunch, and leaving at 4:15, he was depressed he didn't get a promotion?

Ahh, I encourage you to watch Friday for sure. It not that long. More arguing between the State & Def on Motions and what Murphy can and cant testify to. Please do watch. Oh and one last sexting hook up. She sexted him on the 18th. She confirmed it was just about sexting &hooking up not relationship for RH

Thanks. Is Murphy a Defense or State witness?

RH texted/sexted with, iirc, 35 or 36 women that day, "just" one of those being a minor, right? The other sexting was perfectly legal, but not, I imagine, anything RH would offer up to LE, any more than he offered it up to anyone in his life, much less to LE about what he was doing as his son died.

Yes, Ross said he had a 10 o'clock meeting. Maybe he couldn't provide more details about his workday because his entire work day was spent sexting. Or, maybe neither he or LE felt it was relevant to go in the weeds about what exactly he was doing at work, hour by hour. What difference did it make to the investigation at that point?

With respect to your first paragraph, I was simply answering the question you posed. I believe that Ross did hide something - his sexting habits. I was not making any claim about whether or not I believe he was justified in doing so. IMO purposefully withholding information is the same thing as hiding, but maybe that is not what you were asking.

As to your last question, the relevance is the same then as it is now. I think that it points to motive or negligence. I am assuming that LE asked Ross about his day to figure out if anything criminal had occurred.

Thanks. Is Murphy a Defense or State witness?

He was technically a Defense witness. The DT asked that he be classified as a hostile witness, but that request was denied.

How tall is RH? For some reason, I thought he was tall, but the prostitute described him as an overweight, pasty, and short white guy.

But it is not plain vanilla when one of the partners is acting out their sexual obsession in such a manic fashion. And he is not just a 'cheater.' He is a serial sex offender. Very different anima.

:thinking: don't remember seeing that charge. I would assume this is your opinion.

He hasn't even yet been convicted as a sex offender, let alone charged with serial anything

Hope not, because that is a great big and explicit no-no. They aren't allowed to consider anything other than evidence presented in court, much less to go home and do experiments to decide what's credible or not. ;)

I agree with Hope4More. If jurors try to do things on their own to visually see if something is possible or not, they are doing their own investigation. They are not allowed to do that. JMO

:thinking: don't remember seeing that charge. I would assume this is your opinion.

He hasn't even yet been convicted as a sex offender, let alone charged with serial anything

Actually, I think he has been charged with multiple counts relating to illegal sexual conduct with minors, plural.

No, he hasn't been convicted yet on those charges, but unlike the charges relating to Cooper, imo convictions on those charges are as close to inevitable as it gets.

What has the State proved beyond a reasonable doubt so far? Honest question no snark.

Def does not deny that RH left Cooper in car. RH fully takes responsibility of that but has said from very get go that it was an accident.

JRH did attempt to hide evidence of his sexual escapades. The CellBrite used by LEO found JRHs Whisper file hidden deep in an obscure folder on JRHs phone. The same phone showed evidence of deletions.

Murder with malice is what my heart is comfortable with, according to the evidence, and knowing humankind as I do. JRH was creating his own perfect storm when he left Cooper in the hot car. Did JRH think that he could pull off the road, have Cooper taken to the funeral home, then, still have time to make it to the movie in order to be with his buddies? Planning a trip the cinema on the day you choose to kill your child is suspicious and goes toward a failed alibi. "Look at me going to the cinema with the guys, but when I looked to my right and saw Cooper..."

Cooper's death exposed an ugly saga in JRHs Book of Life that includes things we are uncomfortable considering. Adultery. Sexting. Preying on minors. That is the life JRH chose. That is the child-free life he wanted. As difficult as it is to imagine, Cooper had to go so JRH could live the life most satisfying to him which included lots of sex with strangers.

All my opinion based on being an avid true crime enthusiast, trial watcher and a self-certified child advocate.

I agree with Hope4More. If jurors try to do things on their own to visually see if something is possible or not, they are doing their own investigation. They are not allowed to do that. JMO

I understand but they are listening to this stuff all day long and being a human being who would be curious, I'm sure some may have done it. I'm not saying they actually got a car seat to test it, but trying to visual it. In a case like this, IMO, it would be hard not to since you are alone in your own car. Just sayin :hand: For the record, I'm not on the jury nor do I know anyone on the jury, in fact I don't even live close to GA..

Actually, I think he has been charged with multiple counts relating to illegal sexual conduct with minors, plural.

No, he hasn't been convicted yet on those charges, but unlike the charges relating to Cooper, imo convictions on those charges are as close to inevitable as it gets.

I think that the evidence shows RH is guilty of the sexual conduct with minors. As for the other charges, I'm not convinced he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

To me they're unrelated and I don't agree with the decision to have one jury to decide both crimes. JMO

I understand but they are listening to this stuff all day long and being a human being who would be curious, I'm sure some may have done it. I'm not saying they actually got a car seat to test it, but trying to visual it. In a case like this, IMO, it would be hard not to since you are alone in your own car. Just sayin :hand: For the record, I'm not on the jury nor do I know anyone on the jury, in fact I don't even live close to GA..

I don't fault a juror for using their imagination. But getting into a car and physically trying to see what is possible or not is different.

I think that it's likely for a juror to go home at the end of the day, sit down on the couch,close their eyes and run all of the testimony through their head. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

I guess it is up to interpretation. In one exchange he had with a woman, he was asked why he didn't divorce his wife, and he answered---'the kid.' He didn't say because ' I love my wife' or because " I like being married'--he said it was because of Cooper that he wouldn't divorce his wife. He said that a few times to a few different people.

That's in in Cheaters Handbook as well...
If the wife is so horrible why dont you leave. "Don't want to leave my kid." Deal with Child Support or what-have-you. It's usually understood, that it doesn't mean, I can only leave the old ball & chain, If I kill my kid first.

Ross was looking for hook ups and sext buddies. He was not looking for another relationship or even a change in his lifestyle.

He had what he wanted. A devoted wife, a son, a good job, and a supportive community - and multiple women he could sext with and occasionally hook up with for a quickie. Being married with a child did not stand in the way of the sexting and quickies - doesn't make sense as a so-called motive.

Yes except the relationship with meadows was very long and he talked to her daily and was telling her he loved her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs