Trial Thread 4/13/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one on this site will tar them with the same brush!!! They are innocent victims. Thankfully still alive but forever scarred by Mychol (trying not to get a time out) but I have other very descriptive words for him.

What you are not doing is taking every piece of evidence and tying it all together, IMO One piece of the puzzle isn't enough. You have to look at all the pieces and you will finally get the final picture. AND that is what the jury is instructed to do.

Example: You can't look at his missing back seat and say..well he had to put speakers there. You have to look at it and say, it was there and after Tori was murdered it disappeared. Why? The Crown has shown why. Tori was in the car. He was seen on surveillance video riding with the convicted killer who abducted an innocent child.

Next: You look at the evidence of Tori's blood found. Why was Tori's blood even there if he was so innocent? If he was so innocent and had nothing to do with this crime, her blood would not be there. Her blood mixed with his sperm!

Next: You look at his interview with the police. He said he hardly knew the convicted killer. Furthermore, his attorney tells the court that he was there and was distraught but he lied to the cops telling them he did not know that "missing child" nor her parents. Yet, he's doing everything behind the scenes (visits with the convicted killer), dating women "fishing" for information and much much more.

This is just a short summary off the top of my head but wait until you hear the closing statement from the Crown. I think we will all be left speechless. He's going down.

A few more weeks and our baby girl, Victoria Elizabeth Marie Stafford, will finally get justice!

NT I appreciate your posts on this site and your point of view...if mine differ from yours that is my right...I am only stating my thoughts and views about this case..I am not trying to convince you over in my corner and I am sure you are not trying to convince me over into yours and I respect you for that...we obviously see some things differently and what you see that fits your puzzle doesn't seem to fit my puzzle...we both want to see justice for Tori and I think that will happen down the road... we already have seen the self admitted killer receive her just punishment and hopefully never see the outside again... I do use what I know as my" common sense" but I also want to see justice received for the right reasons....also the sentence about "tarred with the same brush" in no way did I mean by anyone on this site...I meant society as a whole....:moo::moo:

What happens to VS is a horrible horrific nightmare for both her and those who loved her ...

Do I believe that he is Innocent of kidnapping, raping and killing VS… I don’t know I haven’t heard his side of the story yet.

I can tell you that I am not going to convict him because of what TLM has said … or because he dated a lot of women or that he lied about what he did for a living.

Do I believe he should be in prison? Yes … somehow and in some way a little girl was killed and buried under rocks and he knew about it …

My issue is that TLM, like so many other young people who lived the life she has are being lost to us because our system has failed us. For at least 5 years they knew she needed help yet they still let her out before she got it. WASNT she picked up on a probation violation for missing her therepist appointment ... Did she miss it before or after VS died?

Before TS died and I'm not sure that's relevant as it is not going to bring Tori back talking about TLM's missed psychiatric appointment :) Furthermore, I think TLM wasn't the only one who had problems, except she was more overt about it as opposed to MTR who kept everything hidden and secret.... did he have something to hide?

I am surprised we didn't hear much about the "infamous" pea coat, that TLM testified covered VS on the back seat for several hours.

Despite there being 40 places of interest to forensic scientists, the presence of saliva, 2 blond hairs, and DNA from other unknown people..............they didn't find a single sample of DNA from VS?

If MR cleaned the coat............all that other evidence wouldn't be there.
If MR didn't clean the coat.........VS DNA should be there (if TLM told the truth)

If TLM lied about it..........would it question the random abduction story?

Maybe I just missed something...................???

JMO..........MOOO

I believe they couldn't get DNA from either sample because it was too degraded. And perhaps those hairs got there after he had the coat dry cleaned or wash in the washer.

My post was about the amount of DNA on the pea coat only.

There was much prior discussion about this coat, which TLM stated covered VS on the floor of the car.

The Crown experts checked the coat, and found a lot of DNA, but none of it matched VS.

Had the coat been cleaned, it would have been noted by the experts, as proof MR had tried to clean up evidence.

Parts of TLM's story are true.........and parts are untrue............IMO.

I didn't say there was no evidence. I was responding to a post about the Crown choosing not to redirect the witness.

I was referring to how Derstine's final questions led to the expert saying she had no proof that MR had sex with VS, or that MR and VS were in the car at the same time together.

JMO

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but respectfully, it's raped, not "had sex with." He allegedly raped her. Having sex with someone implies consent. This is not just a critique based on semantics.
IMO

I was thinking today about this case and wondered what exactly it is that has brought us all here together. I think it may be different things for different people. In the end we all have a passion for this case and want to see justice served which is really all that matters. However for you is it:

a) Case captivated you and you just followed it from the beginning
b) Have young children and it has impacted you personally because of that.
c) Always follow popular legal cases such as this.
d) This case has geographically just been close to home.
e) Other

For me personally the answers are a, b, and d. I have never followed a case from beginning to end like I have this one. It seems there are so many coincidences in this case and it has captivated me from day 1. I am glad there are so many people who want to see Justice for this Angel who most if any of us have never met but yet seem to have come to know so well in the last 3 years. May we never forget her.

I would say for me it was A B and D. I was most intrigued by this because it was a women who took her. I just couldnt believe it. It sounded so strange yet it happened. You tell your kids to go to a female before a male if they are lost and look how many more women are involved in murders accompanied by men.

..siestaloa I CERTAINLY hope so...IMO I do believe there is tons on MR. Blackberry as it stands a chapter ....so hold on everyone STAY TUNED ...Crown is doing a great Job ...IMO of presenting ...I also agree did not like how the jury was left with that comment from defense concerning evidence on OPEN ( IMO & STATED) back door of honda civic....appreciate how that was picked up on here ...thanks to all ..robynhood ...again agree real hard day to READ ....we all KNew it would be nasty but extremely hard to face ...imagine how Rodney / TARA and the rest of Tori's family feel ....Horror to IMAGINE that beautiful child endured all of this HEART Breaking ....robynhood ....very sad this whole case ...OMG ...!

#1 there might be alot of searches about Tori on the BB, and maybe child *advertiser censored* search, but also the ping from mount forest. We also have to remember that he tried to get his phone replaced at the masonville mall? So he may have erased alot of his searches.

#2 Even tho crown is not re-directing, I'm sure they have a plan and a strategy and I believe they will nail him in closing arguments. Closing arguments are always very dramatic, i'm sure we'll hear alot.

Before TS died and I'm not sure that's relevant as it is not going to bring Tori back talking about TLM's missed psychiatric appointment :) Furthermore, I think TLM wasn't the only one who had problems, except she was more overt about it as opposed to MTR who kept everything hidden and secret.... did he have something to hide?

We know that TLM kidnapped and killed VS.

We also know: McClintic was ordered to see a medical professional after she wrote a letter in May 2008 that described her desire to "take the first person I see" and murder them.

"I am fed up with this place. I want to scrap," McClintic wrote in another. "I just want to bounce and go on a killing spree."

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/canada/story/2012/03/20/stafford-rafferty-trial-wednesday.html

So to me why was she given probation.

We also know: McClintic was ordered to see a medical professional after she wrote a letter in May 2008 that described her desire to "take the first person I see" and murder them.

"I am fed up with this place. I want to scrap," McClintic wrote in another. "I just want to bounce and go on a killing spree."

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/canada/story/2012/03/20/stafford-rafferty-trial-wednesday.html

She wasn't an adult then. Youth sentencing is ridiculously lenient. I'm suprised she had to do any time.
imo

it almost seems as if she were a time bomb waiting to go off....something set her off and Tori paid the price....I was having a stupid moment:waitasec: and wondered if maybe TLM found out about all of those girls that MR was trying to hook up with at the same time as he was "dating" ??? her and this was her way of getting back at him,( kidnapping a child...murdering a child and taking him down with her)... considering her sick mind and what we now know that she had said in the past... that would be some payback...

no I don't really think that:what::what: but then again it might not be so far fetched....:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Imagine telling a woman you met on a dating site that you have colon cancer?

That has to be on the top list of worse pick up lines in history. And I don't mean this as disrespect to any patient suffering from cancer because it is a terrible and painful disease (colon or other). That is what makes me hate him even more. How dare he!! How dare he lie about that? How dare he lie about Tori?

:furious:

Yes. Cant say enough Thank You's to this post. As much as TLM is a piece of .......I will take her word over his. Even as sick as she is.

for your list MTR lies

his mom lives with him (he told TLM)
he takes care of his mom
TLM NOT his girlfriend (he laughed to LE about that possibility)
he buys oxy for his sick mother
told LE on audio he worked under table -backtracked when they wanted to know where
told LE he didn't know anyone in Woodstock
inferred he was drug sober - but CM sure wasn't (audio to LE)
never been to London with gf only his mother
acted like he didn't know TS name to LE on audio
told LE didn't know gf's last names

Said his stepson died
Thought he had colon cancer (how can you think you have colon cancer?)
Bought his mother a house

it almost seems as if she were a time bomb waiting to go off....something set her off and Tori paid the price....I was having a stupid moment:waitasec: and wondered if maybe TLM found out about all of those girls that MR was trying to hook up with at the same time as he was "dating" ??? her and this was her way of getting back at him,( kidnapping a child...murdering a child and taking him down with her)... considering her sick mind and what we now know that she had said in the past... that would be some payback...

no I don't really think that:what::what: but then again it might not be so far fetched....:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

If you go back and read the tweets from the trial, you will see that he really ramped up the dating after Tori was murdered. Some before, yes, but he really started POF creeping after the 8th of April.

Another issue I am having is that MR and TLM DNA was found on the front passenger seat, where one would grab onto when getting out of the back seat. The way TLM described the second rape one would assume VS DNA would also be there. Since we know the area was not cleaned then why no DNA?

who said it wasn't cleaned. It appears a cleaning job was done but missed a few spots IMO

I was thinking today about this case and wondered what exactly it is that has brought us all here together. I think it may be different things for different people. In the end we all have a passion for this case and want to see justice served which is really all that matters. However for you is it:

a) Case captivated you and you just followed it from the beginning
b) Have young children and it has impacted you personally because of that.
c) Always follow popular legal cases such as this.
d) This case has geographically just been close to home.
e) Other

For me personally the answers are a, b, and d. I have never followed a case from beginning to end like I have this one. It seems there are so many coincidences in this case and it has captivated me from day 1. I am glad there are so many people who want to see Justice for this Angel who most if any of us have never met but yet seem to have come to know so well in the last 3 years. May we never forget her.

All of the above for me, Nettie. I'll add that my god daughter (niece)'s name is Victoria. This is/was a case like no other I have followed as a Canadian. I think what made a huge difference was Victoria's parents. Their passion despite everything they were going through, including the speculations and nasty comments and suspicions towards Tara, she held her own and held her head up high for her little girl. We saw the daily news conferences and I'm sure it wasn't easy for either one having to air their dirty laundry in public but they did. They did in the hopes of finding their little girl.

Victoria captured my heart. Her parents gave her life even after we found out she was no longer with us. I won't even post about her brother because it just brings me to tears when I think about him losing his little sister and his best friend. We've all seen the pictures. We've all seen and heard him speak at her funeral........

:tears:

As a newbie here, who believes there is more than enough evidence to find MR guilty, I do appreciate the opposing view. I have found myself deleting a knee jerk response, contrary to my opinion only to be thankful later as I turn it over in my mind. As much as I want MR to go down, I have remember that the trial is not over and we are only getting what the media is feeding us.

I am a twitter freak and would most likely just block someone there before I would tolerate a different opinion. Thank you all for opening up my middle aged cynical mind.

I want to know what was on his computer or computers. He was no doubt doing online searches like crazy about Tori. Did he save images of her? Did he have access to his gazillion girlfriends' computers too? Did he have child *advertiser censored* anywhere? Did he post comments on youtube and facebook and anywhere under aliases? I, like Kamille, am wondering why there is no chapter about his computer searches and files. He's gotta have tons on stuff on there too. JMO

I wonder, are they going to bring up contents of his laptop? Does anyone know?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but respectfully, it's raped, not "had sex with." He allegedly raped her. Having sex with someone implies consent. This is not just a critique based on semantics.
IMO

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
"You can't tell us if Michael Rafferty had sex with Tori Stafford," Derstine says. McLean says she only tested for detection of fluids

Derstine's words or the tweeters words..................not mine.

JMO

just want to say that some of you posters are familiar to me now...I remember when this first happened that some of you were on the "Insessions" site and we were discussing this everyday as it unfolded and as we daily watched the parents.....I remember some of your thoughts and posts from that time...wow..can't believe that was three years ago but I guess when a crime of this degree happens it's embedded in one's mind....the only other one that I followed so intensely and with same amount of sadness was the RW trial and justice was served in that one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop