Truck Drivers Alert!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to question him further to see if he meant SUV. People do call them trucks here. :rolleyes: The guy is from Oklahoma! LOL (Black truck was mentioned...now I am trying to remember if he said it or the reporter said it.)

yes, some do...but he said "pick up truck"....i don't know anyone that calls an SUV a pick-up truck....maybe some do?

was anything mentioned about Thomas Morphey managing this truck stop in the past???....i KNOW it was mentioned on the 'teaser' for the show...i didn't mistake that part, lol...

yes, some do...but he said "pick up truck"....i don't know anyone that calls an SUV a pick-up truck....maybe some do?

Never heard my SUV being referred to as a truck, however my friend's mother has referred to it as a van :)

Actually according to Cassandra when she made her 2:30 am visit he wanted to know what she was doing and she told him she had justed reported Stacy missing..he started stammering...I don't think the info about the midnight call from police is accurate..I am taking Cassandra'S info at this point as solid fact. And that was then followed by a phone call from Bruce.

She had him on the run then, and I beleive she knew that.

And with knowing that it makes perfect sense he would have bolted out of the house then to try to do something with the body and evidence..that he probably thought he all day Monday to take care of while the kids were at school and everyone else was at work.

This info can be found at findstacypeterson.com and is reported by Cassandra..Guardian Angel.

I'd like to try to help clear up a few misconceptions about cops. The following facts are true for the police department where we live.

Sergeants and other supervisors do have a lot of administrative paperwork, so they do spend a fair amount of time in their office, however they are free to use their discretion as to which calls they feel their presence is needed and are free to leave the station to attend to those calls or any other police related business as needed. If DP were in our pd and he said he was somewhere on official business, he could lie about it and unless someone like these truckers call it in to complain, or he has a lieutenant who has reason not to trust him, no one would be the wiser.

Supervisors such as sergeant or lieutenant drive an SUV or pickup equipped with the standard lights, sirens and computer. Some are take home cars, others stay at the station.

All of our officers are required to carry their badge and gun even when off duty. This is because they are required to respond properly to any crime or emergency that happens in their presence and because when you arrest or give people tickets they tend to get angry and very often threaten a cop or their family with retaliation, and those people go to the mall and Taco Bell and even church, just like we do. You never know who may recognize you off duty and get stupid.

Off duty officers should not show their badge around to get discounts or special service, but there will always be a loser or two like DP. This is very bad form not to be tolerated and if they work for my H and he finds out they are officially reprimanded and an internal investigation is done to determine if further action is needed.

DP could have been wherever he wanted to be whenever he wanted to be there.

Susan

ok, i checked Stacy's site & it's not mentioned whether they discussed Thomas Morphey as being the manager of the truck stop in the past.....although others did hear the 'tease'......DANG!!

course maybe it doesn't matter if he was the manager in the past.....maybe it doesn't even matter if DP was seen at this truck stop by Allen Scott, come to think of it....:waitasec:
it WAS prior to Stacy missing, and if Allen Scott didn't actually speak with DP, i'm not sure how it's relevant now.....

I am more likely to believe that the Scott incident had more to do with the internal investigations than it did with Stacy. I wonder when Morphey lost his job? Maybe that's why he did lose his job?

I am more likely to believe that the Scott incident had more to do with the internal investigations than it did with Stacy. I wonder when Morphey lost his job? Maybe that's why he did lose his job?

could be, Suzi....

about Morphey's job, maybe he DID manage the truck stop .... wonder if that's the job he lost recently..it WAS recently right?...can't keep up, i just know it was part of the 'tease' that Morphey managed the truck stop in the past....

DP & his attorney sure seem confidant that all of this is just nothing.....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-petersondec02,0,7867815.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

Joel Brodsky, Drew Peterson's lawyer, dismissed the allegations, saying police were trying to convince prosecutors there is enough evidence to charge Peterson.

"So Illinois State Police are chasing down every flimsy lead, no matter how ridiculous, in order to find something," Brodsky said. "But they're not going to find anything because there's nothing to find."

i think DP is thinking no one will ever find Stacy, so he's simply not worried...figures there will always be reasonable doubt if her body's not found...

DP & his attorney sure seem confidant that all of this is just nothing.....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-petersondec02,0,7867815.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

Joel Brodsky, Drew Peterson's lawyer, dismissed the allegations, saying police were trying to convince prosecutors there is enough evidence to charge Peterson.

"So Illinois State Police are chasing down every flimsy lead, no matter how ridiculous, in order to find something," Brodsky said. "But they're not going to find anything because there's nothing to find."

i think DP is thinking no one will ever find Stacy, so he's simply not worried...figures there will always be reasonable doubt if her body's not found...

This is concerning...........if DP thinks no one will ever find the body, then the chances are that he's put her somewhere where there's no chance she will ever be found.

I don't see a relationship between the Oct. 15th or 16th activity and Stacy going missing, YET.

If I were Drew I would have stayed away from HazMat deliveries only because they go through more intense security. The drivers are required to have a special license which they can lose for any offense. The trucks are GPS equipped etc. So if he was "smart" he wouldn't have been messing with a hazmat trucker. He, as a policeman, would surely know all this as they have to be prepared for an emergency if something happens in their jurisdiction.

I missed the interview! Rats. Now why in the world would Geraldo have rushed this truck driver? How annoying.

I don't see a relationship between the Oct. 15th or 16th activity and Stacy going missing, YET.

If I were Drew I would have stayed away from HazMat deliveries only because they go through more intense security. The drivers are required to have a special license which they can lose for any offense. The trucks are GPS equipped etc. So if he was "smart" he wouldn't have been messing with a hazmat trucker. He, as a policeman, would surely know all this as they have to be prepared for an emergency if something happens in their jurisdiction.

I missed the interview! Rats. Now why in the world would Geraldo have rushed this truck driver? How annoying.

same here TM...i got overly excited with this, at first, i do believe...interesting though....

& i agree...wild that he would try to mess with a hazmat driver....
the show will be on again, on Fox, in about 25 minutes...it wasn't Geraldo himself rushing this trucker; it was ooooh, can't think of her name...Colby?? that was.....

This is concerning...........if DP thinks no one will ever find the body, then the chances are that he's put her somewhere where there's no chance she will ever be found.

yes, it is Leila....i'll be surprised if they find her..

Correct me if I am wrong, but the impression I am getting from you all is this truck driver reportedly saw Drew P at the truck stop well in advance of Stacy's disappearance and never talked to Drew P.

Is this correct?

The main value I see in this is that it shows Drew P's familiarity with the truckstop and that he could possibily have been checking it out in advance of Stacy's disappearance.

The truck driver said that Drew P was in the passenger seat, and the driver is the one who flashed the badge. A friend and fellow officer? Or a friend that 'borrowed' Drew P's badge so that he could do some pushing around?
The truck mentioned was black, possibly a department truck or the friend's truck??

Still, the two men's actions seemed to have been suspicious, blocking a drive, turning around, flashing a badge at the trucker but didn't stop him. What were they doing that they thought the trucker was interfering with?

He, as a policeman, would surely know all this as they have to be prepared for an emergency if something happens in their jurisdiction.

Not necessarily true that Drew would know this, although he would have had access to such. If it wasn't part of his regular job routine, he probably wouldn't have bothered memorizing truck info knowing that he could always look it up. Otherwise, he would have steered clear of the hazmat truck.

(lovingly snipped)Still, the two men's actions seemed to have been suspicious, blocking a drive, turning around, flashing a badge at the trucker but didn't stop him. What were they doing that they thought the trucker was interfering with?

If anything, that is what is important right now, mysteriew. That DrewP and another person seem to be familiar and comfortable with that truck stop.

While that might be expected anyway since he's LE, don't State Troopers generally frequent the highways and truck stops more than city police?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the impression I am getting from you all is this truck driver reportedly saw Drew P at the truck stop well in advance of Stacy's disappearance and never talked to Drew P.

Is this correct?

The main value I see in this is that it shows Drew P's familiarity with the truckstop and that he could possibily have been checking it out in advance of Stacy's disappearance.

The truck driver said that Drew P was in the passenger seat, and the driver is the one who flashed the badge. A friend and fellow officer? Or a friend that 'borrowed' Drew P's badge so that he could do some pushing around?
The truck mentioned was black, possibly a department truck or the friend's truck??

Still, the two men's actions seemed to have been suspicious, blocking a drive, turning around, flashing a badge at the trucker but didn't stop him. What were they doing that they thought the trucker was interfering with?

yes, you are correct...Allan Scott (hazmat trucker) saw DP at the truck stop on the 16th of October......could have been a police friend of DP's OR the driver could have used DP's badge & put it up in the windshield for the trucker to see......

sounds like the trucker was being blocked by some other vehicles & DP & whoever he was with, was trying to get around, & apparently used a badge to work their way out of the exit......that's what it sounds like to me....may just have been purely a coincidence that this hazmat trucker was involved at this exit out of the truck stop....

If anything, that is what is important right now, mysteriew. That DrewP and another person seem to be familiar and comfortable with that truck stop.
While that might be expected anyway since he's LE, don't State Troopers generally frequent the highways and truck stops more than city police?

this is why it's really buggin me, wondering if Thomas Morphey really did work at this truck stop in the past.....i'm hoping Greta or Mark Fuhrman will jump on this & find out.....i want to know when TM lost his job, & was that job at this truck stop??....i think Thomas Morphey knows a lot more than what he told his friend that night...i could be way off base, but something about his "memory lapses" still bugs me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13