Still Missing Turkey - Jamal Khashoggi, 59, Washington Post columnist, Istanbul, 3 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just in from @clarissaward and @TimListerCNN: "According to two sources, the Saudis are preparing a report that will acknowledge Jamal Khashoggi's death was the result of an interrogation that went wrong, one that was intended to lead to his abduction from Turkey..."

Just in from @clarissaward and @TimListerCNN: "According to two sources, the Saudis are preparing a report that will acknowledge Jamal Khashoggi's death was the result of an interrogation that went wrong, one that was intended to lead to his abduction from Turkey..."

Turkish intelligence must have the goods they say they do.

I wonder what the reaction will be if the report does say that.

It’s hard to belive they would just fold and admit to murdering him during an attempt at kidnapping him from a foreign country........

Im assuming they know at this point that Turkey intelligence does indeed have the embassy bugged and they're going to go with the "rogue killers" seeing as how that's what King Salman floated to Trump.

Part 2 of the tweet indeed says basically that.

@jaketapper 2/ One source: report will likely conclude that the operation was carried out without clearance and transparency and that those involved will be held responsible. One source: report is still being prepared and cautioned that things could change.

Last edited:
Im assuming they know at this point that Turkey intelligence does indeed have the embassy bugged and they're going to go with the "rogue killers" seeing as how that's what King Salman floated to Trump.

Part 2 of the tweet indeed says basically that.

@jaketapper 2/ One source: report will likely conclude that the operation was carried out without clearance and transparency and that those involved will be held responsible. One source: report is still being prepared and cautioned that things could change.

Yes. Of course, anyone in SA who went rogue with a mission as explosive as this one knows ahead of time that they're likely to end up like, well, Khashoggi.

Yes. Of course, anyone in SA who went rogue with a mission as explosive as this one knows ahead of time that they're likely to end up like, well, Khashoggi.

I think the problems here arise because the FBI had advanced warning of a plot and would have to have reported it to someone in our governent.......but who and why did nothing happen?

I have also read in MSM that this was the second visit to the SA consulate for his papers for the wedding.

He had an appointment Sept 28 and clearly the Saudis had made the first visit comfortable enough that he kept the second appointment on Oct 2. They contacted him to give him a 1:30 appointment.

And I do have questions about his fiance’s <modsnip - unnecessary comment> response to his disappearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Turkish Law Enforcement has Video of the murder; they will know exactly where to look for forensic evidence. They've probably searched the drainage system already; taken samples etc.

It sounds like the wider world will spin a story. There are very substantive questions that need to be answered; who killed him? where is is body? etc.

For decades the Saudis have been able to blackmail the world into tolerating their Theocratic bully behavior under threats of cutting off the flow of their oil. Is there anyone else having a sick feeling that the uttering of some Western politicians demonizing a free press had some bearing as to why the prince decided to risk such a thing?

For decades the Saudis have been able to blackmail the world into tolerating their Theocratic bully behavior under threats of cutting off the flow of their oil. Is there anyone else having a sick feeling that the uttering of some Western politicians demonizing a free press had some bearing as to why the prince decided to risk such a thing?

I think the financial dealings of some people in our government and the Saudis, particularly MBS need to be examined.

I think the financial dealings of some people in our government and the Saudis, particularly MBS need to be examined.
Its too bad that the IJC/World Court can't independently appoint a special prosecutor to investigate such cases or at least compel public testimony in front of the global audience by MBS. I find it shocking that if proven that a hit squad could be sent into another sovereign country, execute/interrogate someone and the leader of the country involved (MBS in this case) not be held accountable.

Ryan Goodman on Twitter
BOMBSHELL in #Khashoggi reporting

WSJ has DETAILED info on the tapes (location off killing, doctor telling others to listen to music, no interrogation).

• Saudis would now know if Turkey knows exactly what happened
• No interrogation taking place would mean straight murder 1/ Ryan Goodman on Twitter

Ryan Goodman on Twitter
Here's the link to the WSJ report with tape's details.

Note it also says: "Turkish officials said they shared evidence in recent days, including the details of an audio recording, with both the U.S. and Saudi Arabia."

U.S. Presses Saudis for Answers on Journalist’s Disappearance 4/

Ryan Goodman on Twitter
I'd hesitated in tweeting Middle East Eye story but its details of what's on tape are now consistent with WSJ.

Plus other specific details like "Khashoggi was dragged from the Consul General’s office...and onto the table of his study next door."
Jamal Khashoggi's killing took seven minutes, Turkish source tells MEE 5/5

Ryan Goodman on Twitter
BOMBSHELL in #Khashoggi reporting

WSJ has DETAILED info on the tapes (location off killing, doctor telling others to listen to music, no interrogation).

• Saudis would now know if Turkey knows exactly what happened
• No interrogation taking place would mean straight murder 1/ Ryan Goodman on Twitter

Ryan Goodman on Twitter
Here's the link to the WSJ report with tape's details.

Note it also says: "Turkish officials said they shared evidence in recent days, including the details of an audio recording, with both the U.S. and Saudi Arabia."

U.S. Presses Saudis for Answers on Journalist’s Disappearance 4/

Ryan Goodman on Twitter
I'd hesitated in tweeting Middle East Eye story but its details of what's on tape are now consistent with WSJ.

Plus other specific details like "Khashoggi was dragged from the Consul General’s office...and onto the table of his study next door."
Jamal Khashoggi's killing took seven minutes, Turkish source tells MEE 5/5

It’s utterly HORRIBLE and brutal

The Consul-General departed rapidly on a plane out of Turkey before this happened

I wonder how long he gets to live...

MBS is truly covered in the blood of Khashoggi - he needs to be shunned by the world and sanctions place on him until Saudi Arabia hands him over to Turkey for prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back