GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the link to where SS brother has set up to sell her photos to raise money for the funeral. I for sure will be purchasing a framed photo. PLEASE if anyone is willing this would be of big help to SS family. I have messaged with her sister and she spoke on behalf of her and her family that ANYTHING anyone does for them they are greatly appreciative

http://instacanv.as/memyself_sarai

Thank you for posting the link. I just ordered a canvas print. I've been looking for a couple years for something for my front room. I found it!:great:

Thank you for posting the link. I just ordered a canvas print. I've been looking for a couple years for something for my front room. I found it!:great:

wow, your welcome.And thank you so much for that,,, I now her family really appreciates it!!!:)

I just thought of something. If she really was found wearing only her shirt and underwear and her pants where found next to her. Where are her shoes?
Not the ones she was carrying but the ones she was wearing. If the perp took her pants completely off would he have had to take her shoes off to do this?
Unless I suppose you cut them off.

I haven't seen any mention of them finding her with shoes on, or finding the shoes she was wearing at the scene. Though they did mention the pants bring found next to her.
How would her shoes have come off? Was she already unconscious when she was undressed?
Did she somehow willingly take them off?
Was someone holding her while someone undressed her?
Where her shoes not at the scene at all because soil samples in the bottom would prove she wasn't murdered there but had been taken someplace else?

I really wonder if the shoes she was wearing were found with the body or not. And if they were on her or beside her. And could finger prints be found on them if their location was known?

Does anyone have a link to the last video of Sarai? Was it released? TIA!

wow, your welcome.And thank you so much for that,,, I now her family really appreciates it!!!:)

Yes thank you KrysJP! Order mine earlier today as well. So glad there is a way we can help out the family and also help Sarai live on through her beautiful talent!

Does anyone have a link to the last video of Sarai? Was it released? TIA!

I don't think it has. I was wondering about that too because I believing LE said they determined she was wearing the same close from the day she disappeared. But it was also reported she was found without her jacket. Assuming she had her jacket on in surveillance, how exactly was LE able to determine what she was wearing under her jacket?

Sorry I was out most of yesterday, thanks for all the great sleuthing, everyone!

Some details leaking out in the Turkish press (as always, take with a grain of salt):

-- Autopsy was joint-handled by the FBI at every step.

-- Good tissue found under SS's fingernails that may be that of killer(s)

-- NO DRUGS IN SS's BODY

-- Ambiguous reports of possibility of sexual assault/presence of sperm - unclear, need to learn more or get LAVY or YASHIM to translate

-- Her husband has heard press speculation of rape and is pressuring LE for an answer if it occurred (no word on what he was told).

-- New alleged quote from "Taylan" (alleged when blood/semen sample taken) that appears to insinuate he had sexual contact with SS the night before she disappeared (need LAVY or YASHIM here):

Two translations of the quote:

"January 20 Sunday night in Beyoglu been together for a fun club bathroom"

"January 20, Sunday night we were together in a recreational club room"

If quote is true (we don't know), and Taylan is guilty, this could be a way he is trying to explain away presence of his sperm or his DNA on her body. Keep in mind, quote could be false, and Taylan could be innocent and telling the truth.

LINK

Follow-up: I don't want to harp on Taylan too unfairly. One other wild rumor (too weird to post the link) is that there is a group of men that spies on foreign women while they hook up with local guys, then tries to follow and harass them subsequently. Some variant of that, maybe with Taylan's involvement to lure SS, is at least possible here (if a little outlandish).

Let's hope the DNA and other physical evidence results in a clear suspect or suspects. My personal feeling still is about 80% Taylan, 10% an assault by others someone lured her to, 10% random drug crazy at the walls.

Alleged statements by Taylan (when he gave blood/semen sample):

“Sarai ile kaybolmadan bir gün önce buluştuk ve o gece birlikte olduk” dediği için yaptığı öğrenildi.

LINK

T.K.'nin "20 Ocak Pazar gecesi Beyoğlu'nda bir eğlence kulübünün tuvaletinde birlikte olduk" dediği iddia edildi. T.K.'nin yeniden ifadesi alınacak.

LINK

LAVY or YASHIM, can you provide good translations of these quotes? And tell us, in your opinions as native speakers, do they show Taylan alleging consensual sexual contact with SS on Jan. 20? The quotes are unofficial and uncorroborated. Poor online translations of quote #2:

"January 20 Sunday night in Beyoglu been together for a fun club bathroom"

"January 20, Sunday night we were together in a recreational club room"

If quote is true (we don't know), and Taylan is guilty, this could be a way he is trying to explain away presence of his sperm or his DNA on her body. Keep in mind, quote could be false, and Taylan could be innocent and telling the truth.

Now, it's popping up all over the Turkish press that when Taylan gave blood/semen, he claimed to have had sexual intercourse with SS on Jan. 20. If true, does this contradict his prior statement to police that they did not have a "darling" relationship and were "just friends"?

Remember, the sensationalistic Turkish press is NOT trustworthy. For example, one paper THIS MORNING is still claiming SS spent $15,000 in Istanbul, a claim the TURKISH POLICE DEBUNKED DAYS AGO...

I'm still not sure on the map where the cameras had Sarai walking that final day. They gave 'place names' they saw her walking between but I can't seem to place them on the map. Did they capture her walking around the point?

Also, if Taylan met her there without getting captured by the cameras, how the heck did he know enough about the camera placement, view angles and zones to avoid being seen by them? Coincidence, or were the cameras placed far enough apart that they had a lot of blind spots?

Just what I woke up pondering...

It thickens. We need our wonderful translators.

Also, since SS had someone's DNA (scratched skin maybe) wouldn't Taylan have visible scratches or possibly signs of healed scratches...that is if the DNA found is skin.

LINK

LINK

LAVY or YASHIM, can you provide good translations of these quotes? And tell us, in your opinions as native speakers, do they show Taylan alleging consensual sexual contact with SS on Jan. 20? The quotes are unofficial and uncorroborated.

Now, it's popping up all over the Turkish press that when Taylan gave blood/semen, he claimed to have had sexual intercourse with SS on Jan. 20. If true, does this contradict his prior statement to police that they did not have a "darling" relationship and were "just friends"?

Remember, the sensationalistic Turkish press is NOT trustworthy. For example, one paper THIS MORNING is still claiming SS spent $15,000 in Istanbul, a claim the TURKISH POLICE DEBUNKED DAYS AGO...

It thickens. We need our wonderful translators.

Also, since SS had someone's DNA (scratched skin maybe) wouldn't Taylan have visible scratches or possibly signs of healed scratches...that is if the DNA found is skin.

Possibly. Remember, several days went by before he was tracked down. If the scrapes were superficial, they may have had time to heal. That goes for all potential perps, not just Taylan.

It depends how much damage SS was able to inflict on her attacker(s), and if it was left in places on the body (or bodies) anyone might have noticed it around Jan. 21, 22, 23. . .

LE has been very, very tight-lipped about all that.

Did they capture her walking around the point?

Also, if Taylan met her there without getting captured by the cameras, how the heck did he know enough about the camera placement,

Very good questions.

From what Yashim and Lavy were saying upthread last night, Turkish LE seemed to be saying they had her on video up until very shortly (like 100m) before the spot she was found. How shortly is unclear and none of that has been released. If they had her on so much video, maybe she did go the back way over the hill with Topkapi palace after all? We don't really know.

If that story is true, it definitely puzzles me. It seems to leave only a few options: (1) she was going back to a spot she had already been to meet someone; (2) Taylan or another pal lured her there to meet with precise directions; (3) she headed to the spot on her own to take photos and someone surprised her.

LINK

LINK

LAVY or YASHIM, can you provide good translations of these quotes? And tell us, in your opinions as native speakers, do they show Taylan alleging consensual sexual contact with SS on Jan. 20? The quotes are unofficial and uncorroborated.

BBM
Very dodgy! Before I translate I'll repeat your warnings. This is just rumors. It is written in few newspapers but they are not in mainstream ones.

“Sarai ile kaybolmadan bir gün önce buluştuk ve o gece birlikte olduk” dediği için yaptığı öğrenildi.
LINK
Its been learned that (his sperm is taken)* because Taylan said "We met the day before she was missing and had sex that night".

It refers to previous sentence.

Quote:T.K.'nin "20 Ocak Pazar gecesi Beyoğlu'nda bir eğlence kulübünün tuvaletinde birlikte olduk" dediği iddia edildi. T.K.'nin yeniden ifadesi alınacak.

Its been alleged that T.K. said :" We had sex in the toilet of a night club in Beyoglu on 20th of Jan night". T.K. will be interrogated again.

As for a little good news, Sarai's family has raised enough money through her photography to pay for her funeral:

http://abcnews.go.com/International...-sellers-family-puts-online/story?id=18410697

What a tragic way for the world to have to learn of her talent.

Her family is a real class act. They changed the front of the instacanv.as site to reflect that her funeral was paid for and any additional money raised would go to her kids. I love that they didn't just ask for donations and I love that they're being so upfront and honest every step of the way.

BBM
Very dodgy! Before I translate I'll repeat your warnings. This is just rumors. It is written in few newspapers but they are not in mainstream ones.

Its been learned that (his sperm is taken)* because Taylan said "We met the day before she was missing and had sex that night".

It refers to previous sentence.

Its been alleged that T.K. said :" We had sex in the toilet of a night club in Beyoglu on 20th of Jan night". T.K. will be interrogated again.

Ugh. I'm calling shenanigans on this alleged quote. I'd bet a substantial amount of money she did NOT have sex in a bathroom in a nightclub with TK.

(Please note: I'm not questioning the translation at all, I'm questioning the truth of what the paper printed.)

I'm still not sure on the map where the cameras had Sarai walking that final day. They gave 'place names' they saw her walking between but I can't seem to place them on the map. Did they capture her walking around the point?

Thats what they said yesterday and I believe that's true as they had enough proof that she went there and didn't come back they sent a big search team and found her body.

Possibly. Remember, several days went by before he was tracked down. If the scrapes were superficial, they may have had time to heal. That goes for all potential perps, not just Taylan.

LE has been very, very tight-lipped about all that.

Actually Turkish LE is not allowed to press. That's one of the reasons why media is scraping information around and writing their own scenarios. However I can not totally discard what they are saying as they usually have informants around.

Yesterday on tv they were also discussing could the murderer benefit from what he is learning through press.

I think if its not Taylan he must be disappeared by now. :(

Ugh. I'm calling shenanigans on this alleged quote. I'd bet a substantial amount of money she did NOT have sex in a bathroom in a nightclub with TK.

(Please note: I'm not questioning the translation at all, I'm questioning the truth of what the paper printed.)

Sex or not, With the amount of street cameras the area seem to have, most likely the club would have been in an area where city cameras would capture them in the area or maybe entering the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153