GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HURRIYET:
LINK

Can't wait for you guys to read this one. Lavy will translate!!!

Taylan/Tarkan K.'s lawyer is explaining why the wonderful man Taylan/Tarkan did not have a serious emotional attachment to the girl he claims he banged in the club bathroom.

I'm guessing the reason is something other than because he's a narcissistic psycho killer?

HURRIYET:
LINK

Taylan/Tarkan K.'s lawyer is explaining why the wonderful man Taylan/Tarkan did not have a serious emotional attachment to the girl he claims he banged in the club bathroom.

I tried translating via google...didn't see any "sex" keywords. We need some translation.

I keep coming back to the fact that she was walking there alone on video (yes?). If it wasn't premeditated, and was someone she knew, wouldn't she have met them at the bridge or a defined place with markers. From what I can tell, she was in a random spot in a stretch of wall. How did she know exactly where this person would be? Unless it was a "meet me halfway" thing and she was meeting them on the sidewalk. It just seems strange to me for some reason. This whole case is strange. I would not be surprised if it was random, or if it wasn't. I think there are so many plausible theories.

I thought about this too, and the only thing I can conclude is tha she had been to this place before that day with this person, and that is why she knew where it was. Or like you said they were meeting half way, perhaps they were walking from the other direction to that point.

It says when she crossed the road the camera lost sight of her. Perhaps if the other person was walking from the other direction on the wall side of the road it might explain why he / she evaded cameras?

HURRIYET:
LINK

From what I can make out from the Google translation, they are saying he is from a good family and has advanced degrees (Masters) - um, that doesn't mean anything!!!

From what I can make out from the Google translation, they are saying he is from a good family and has advanced degrees (Masters) - um, that doesn't mean anything!!!

Oh. Well, if that's all it takes, then I'm a saint(ette).

I tried translating via google...didn't see any "sex" keywords. We need some translation.

Lawyer says no romantic "emontional connection" (romantic relationship) and neither relationship (perhaps meaning sexual relationship).

On sunday, Sarai asks "what (perhaps else) can I do here?" T. recommends historical peninsula. They agree to meet the next day. Before the meeting, Sarai says "don't feel obliged to come, I can also check it out myself". T. says he'll join. Yet they lose contact. And never meet.

The point is not whether or not to post pictures of boredom or random ones. When you look at her history on Instagram you can see that other than the wall art captures she was into the abstract views like bridges, railways, buildings. In one of her pictures she captures the Braclay building while she was in the car and was mentioning to one of her followers that she will go there again to take another shot. So she did not miss the oppurtunity to capture that building/ the the thing she likes even when she was driving in NYC.

We didn't expect her a shot of her socks or anything when she was in the waiting room but given that this is her first time abroad you look around with a more curious eye/ more than in your hometown. She was in Istanbul and she posted only 5 photos, I still think that is strange.

Yeah, I get that and I do hear you guys when you say that.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, it's just that I'm a scientist and the way I process information is more inductive, more "bottom up" than "top down". It's just the way my mind works. Maybe it's helpful in some cases and less so in others. In this case maybe my thoughts aren't as useful, but I'll still just put them out there, just in case they are. :)

Lawyer says "had there been any evidence against my client, he would have taken in by now."

(Of course this properly, I fixed his Turkish before translating. He says documents, meaning evidence. Turks do speak very informally and improperly. This is why google gets confused so often)

The reason she cut her trip short is due to some complications in her college and she had to solve them in person. That's what she said on Instagram.

As for the restrictions on photography part:
1) When we look at her history it's easily seen that she wasn't into portraits, or people. She was more interested in buildings, railways, skyline, bridges and wall-art. So, I don't think she tried to take pictures of local people.
2) She was walking around Galata Bridge, Hagia Sofia, Sultanahmet, Taksim. Those are very touristic areas, where you can see a lot of tourists with their cameras in their hands capturing every little detail. Even if Taylan did tell her something like that by just looking around she could see that it was not true.

Just because she claimed it was school that caused the abridgement of the trip doesn't mean that's the only reason. We tend to keep real reasons for why we do things to ourselves, especially if they are painful ones.

Her not coming from a financially secure place, suddenly curtailing her trip by more than a few days, and having to pay extra fees indicate that there may be something MORE to why she decided to abridge the trip than suddenly becoming aware that her school needed attention. I think her motive for cutting her trip short has multiple factors, one of which is the lack of photographic opportunities.

Lawyer specifically says they only met twice, briefly, for a cup of coffee. And T's impression was that Sarai's visit was purely touristic.

INTERVIEW WITH TAYLAN'S LAWYER

Ozkan Polat who is the lawyer of the person known as Tarkan or Taylan went to the police station to get information. He said that the things written about Tarkan saying he works in LE is not true.

He is a normal and social person, university graduate, he did a masters abroad and lived lived in abroad for a while. Lawyer says "We, ourselves came here to give information to the police, gave all documents to them. Also Tarkan sent all the documents to her family. There is no emotional connection between Tarkan and SS. They only met twice for a short period."

The things written about Tarkan are disturbing. We provided everything police asked us. The reason that Tarkan didn't called the police the first day because the investigation is private and she will be found quickly.
We are very saddened and shocked from what happened.

PRESS: Is police is protecting Tarkan? Does he have privileges ?

No, we are all the same in front of law. Tarkan is a normal citizen. He is coming from a good family had a good education finished university went abroad for masters and lived there for a while. He and SS does not have a relationship.

He said "They met on IG 3-4 months ago and since than they spoke from time to time. SS decided to come to Turkey because she found it interesting. Taylan didn't invited her. She emailed him saying "I am coming to Turkey can we meet if you have time?" She mentions she wants to see other European countries. They meet face to face for a short time, Tarkans impression is she is just a normal tourist.
They only met for a coffee twice, both for a short time. On sunday she asks where should she visit? He says you can go to historical peninsula if you haven't been there. They decide to meet up. On monday they both leave their places to meet. She says earlier "only come if you want, don't feel like you have to I can go around by myself". The connection fails at one point. He goes to the bridge waits for her she doesnt show up and then he goes back.

PRESS: How is he?

"Very bad. We didn't understand it in the beginning. Expected her to show up at the beginning. Tarkan is here, he is not running away. He is not hiding anything. Only he doesn't want to be revealed to media.

He said Taylan expected SS will show up in the first 1-2 days and after that they decided to contact police . (I still don't get if he or LE contacted first)

He said they are waiting for the DNA results. The evidence LE has showing there is nothing to be suspected from Taylan. If police had any suspicions about him we would be detained by now.

There were two sources, context was almost same but they had a different order. I used both.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22545604.asp
http://gundem.milliyet.com.tr/sierr...07.02.2013/1665914/default.htm?ShowPageSkin=1

:furious:n

I believe she was of Puerto Rican decent, but had not ever been there.

Also Puerto Rico is technically a US territory and considered the US. But I believe it was said she never even left NYC before (who knows)

There are some pictures on there from DC and I think maybe one of the Golden Gate Bridge? I think she had travelled regionally if not around the US a little.

This is what I was thinking. As T's lawyer states, T had no intention of inviting Sarai. Sarai decides to come. And she says she also likes to visit a few places in Europe.

Just because she claimed it was school that caused the abridgement of the trip doesn't mean that's the only reason. We tend to keep real reasons for why we do things to ourselves, especially if they are painful ones.

Her not coming from a financially secure place, suddenly curtailing her trip by more than a few days, and having to pay extra fees indicate that there may be something MORE to why she decided to abridge the trip than suddenly becoming aware that her school needed attention. I think her motive for cutting her trip short has multiple factors, one of which is the lack of photographic opportunities.

Why would she have lack of photographic opportunities?

[NY Post erroneously reports Taylan said sex with SS 1/19]

It's the NY Post, what do you expect?

For my critics of last night, I do not back off my criticism of the NY Post one iota.

Running the "Saria = drug mule???!!!" story based on no facts, nothing but contrived old innuendo the day her body was being shipped back to NYC, her home town, was self-serving, mean-spirited, and spiteful.

It was old, old insinuations and they could have waited a day or two until after the funeral if that was all they had to add.

I suspect they tried to dig up local dirt on the Sierras and found nothing. Then they probably tried to get an "exclusive" with the family and were shown the door. Angry, they ran the "drug mule" smear. Because they can. That's how things work in NYC -- it's hardball.

Over the body of a dead working-class Puerto Rican stay-at-home mother. Really, NY Post?

Their conduct in the SS affair is typical of them -- cruel, insensitive, obnoxious.

They are not in the top 6 newspapers in the USA, nor the top 6000 in recorded human history.

They are not a newspaper. They are a tabloid.

Their goal is to sell as much as possible with the most lurid stories possible. They are very, very good at it. Accuracy and human decency matter nothing to them.

They sell a lot of copies. Does that make them "good"?

McDonalds sells a lot of hamburgers. Does that mean they have the "best" hamburgers in NYC (or any town)? Ask anyone you know, or any New Yorker, where the best hamburger in town is, and they won't take you to Mickey D's unless they are certifiably insane.

Same goes for the "quality" of the New York Post.

My posts that were not even as biting about the Post got deleted. I feel as if someone does just not like me, and the fact I want to defend a beautiful and innocent Mom in Sarai, irregradless of her imperfections, in the face of the onslaught of the evil media empire.

There are some pictures on there from DC and I think maybe one of the Golden Gate Bridge? I think she had travelled regionally if not around the US a little.

Thanks. Ya I thought her not being out of New York was pretty darn doubtful too. But it was in a us article somewhere...at this point I can't keep track of which...but we know how reliable those are right! Haha

So he's from a wealthy family that can hire good lawyers and protect his identity, and allow him to call the shots on where to meet?.......a habana

Sounds like the Turkish version of American Psycho!

On the other hand, he could just be a rich Turkish playboy who may fool around with lots of women and sarai was no different to him.

INTERVIEW WITH TAYLAN'S LAWYER
They only met for a coffee twice, both for a short time. On sunday she asks where should she visit? He says you can go to historical peninsula if you haven't been there. They decide to meet up. On monday they both leave their places to meet. She says earlier "only come if you want, don't feel like you have to I can go around by myself". The connection fails at one point. He goes to the bridge waits for her she doesnt show up and then he goes back.

BBM

This bothers me a little- it sounds pouty, almost (if she even ever said anything like that to him). I imagine them arguing about something, or him acting like it's a burden to show her these places, and SS replying, "Look- don't bother. I can go by myself."

Lawyer says no romantic "emontional connection" (romantic relationship) and neither relationship (perhaps meaning sexual relationship).

On sunday, Sarai asks "what (perhaps else) can I do here?" T. recommends historical peninsula. They agree to meet the next day. Before the meeting, Sarai says "don't feel obliged to come, I can also check it out myself". T. says he'll join. Yet they lose contact. And never meet.

Sounds like he's trying to cover some tracks here, that way when the finally get evidence of this convo, which perhaps he feels they might...you can account for the fact she would have been ballsy enough to go on her own, but he wasnt with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop