GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well again, the fact that he said that they had sex is not confirmed. I think. My brain is fried, can't remember anything :shakehead:

The NY daily news article (which has slightly more credibility than the NY post which also reports it) also reported the sexual encounter. daily news is less of a tabloid than the post. They talked to the lawyer though it is not clear from the article whether that info about the sex was actually confirmed by the lawyer. I would have thought that if the sex story were not true, they would not have reported it as fact as the lawyer either would have denied it or would have refused to comment on it..it is not clear from the article whether the sex story is coming from lawyer or the police..

Some of the local NY press is also running w the sex story...

What is odd about the sex story, if truth, is if she was going there for an affair, why not stay w Taylan? Why only meet w him twice? Why not have sex everyday, why only twice, if that was your purpose in going? Why not come back to her hostel for sex? The sex story, if true, is just odd..

The NY daily news article (which has slightly more credibility than the NY post which also reports it) also reported the sexual encounter. daily news is less of a tabloid than the post. They talked to the lawyer though it is not clear from the article whether that info about the sex was actually confirmed by the lawyer. I would have thought that if the sex story were not true, they would not have reported it as fact as the lawyer either would have denied it or would have refused to comment on it..it is not clear from the article whether the sex story is coming from lawyer or the police..

I agree about the lawyer part.

The problem is not the US press, in this case even the most credible one has to refer to Turkish press and they don't know if the source they are using tabloid or not. Or maybe translation doesn't make it clear between a source and a rumour.

--
I think it if it is not real it will be denied. If it is real they say we won't answer about private stuff. To be honest if Taylan is not the peep, that I don't care if they had sex or not.. It is none of our business. It was only important about the DNA.

I can see why he would admit to sex, though, as he was probably terrified his DNA would be found on her. So it probably happened, IMO.

Haha that's great GO you! I was in Belgium, supposed to go to Norway for the winter, but got up there and it was an island off an island off an island (finoy?), anyway I changed my mind about an isolated winter in Norway. Found a couple of other options, ended up on a plane to Istanbul, and didn't tell my parents till I got there!

ThinkHard, on that trip to Istanbul, did you happen to meet this wonderful guy Taylan or Tarkan or something? I hear he likes lady tourists...and nightclubs...

No, but it was nice of you to offer. :floorlaugh:

Given that you are both ladies, if you change your mind about the bathroom sex, could you arrange the rendezvous in a place with a stall where ToutCa could observe proceedings?

No its not the same guy. This one is new.

This is from the same link.

In the initial investigation done when SS reported missing showed that she was talking to few people from istanbul but the conversations were deleted. After that the records were sent to Turkish LE they found out that she was often talking to a guy who owns a hostel in Cankurtaran! It is alleged that they also met. Police is investigating this further.

http://www.haberturk.com/gundem/habe...yoncu-araniyor

Wow, this is interesting news! Everyone let the sleuthing begin!

Well again, the fact that he said that they had sex is not confirmed. I think. My brain is fried, can't remember anything :shakehead:

It was reported early by TK attorney that there was no romantic connection between the two but does that mean they did not have sex? Romantic connection could mean deep feelings for one another over a period of time.

I don't think bathroom sex is true. His lawyer explicitly said the didn't do anything of that sort. And only met twice in a coffee shop.

I think you're wrong.

The lawyer was asked point-blank if Taylan/Tarkan had sex with Sarai and he would not answer the question.

After the interview, the press went back to Turkish LE and asked if Taylan/Tarkan had alleged bathroom sex with Sarai, and they re-confirmed that he had (off the record). Mainstream press in both countries reported this.

The police has a list of 40 people who could be a possible suspect. According to the strongest scenario of the police that's exactly the intention of the murderer. The police thinks that Sarai is killed somewhere else.
The murderer has met Sarai around the Eminonu area where she was shooting photos. After that they went to a bar and to the murderer's house. He made her an unacceptable proposal. They started arguing, then fighting. He hit her with a hard substance and she died.
Then he took her to the Cankurtaran walls thinking that it's the best place for his disguise since a lot of junkies, homeless and immigrants live there. It was his intention to overreach the police since he knew all of those people mentioned above (the junkies etc) would have their DNA's on her and while the police will be busy finding out and investigating the 40 possible suspects, he would gain time and even watch the investigations in the walls from a distance. The blanket he covered over her is probably from a homeless guy again with the same intentions

This is from an article that is basically a journalist purely speculating like we are.

Sounds like all the journalists are going back to square one, much like us Websleuth-ers!!!!!

İ. K. (30): I beg in the streets. I drink and smoke when I have money. I sleep in the walls. I saw her photo on tv.

No way! He's too poor to have a TV! He must be the killer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would he say they had sex if they didn't? To the police, supposedly? I assume he only told them as he really feared his DNA would show up.

Perhaps the new boarding house man is a prior contact she had when she was deciding which hostel to book. Maybe she kept the contact info in her address book. I know I save hotel/lodging info in my phone for future reference. Maybe they had contact via phone etc after the 1:15 sighting and met in person.

Some of the local NY press is also running w the sex story...

What is odd about the sex story, if truth, is if she was going there for an affair, why not stay w Taylan? Why only meet w him twice? Why not have sex everyday, why only twice, if that was your purpose in going? Why not come back to her hostel for sex? The sex story, if true, is just odd..

Good questions. Maybe TK wasn't that attracted to SS. Maybe he viewed her as, how can I say this, not so sophisticated.

Early on, when we all first learned of @Taylloo, I found lot's of images linked backed to him in some way or another, either through comments left on other photoshare user's images or cached images I believe he photographed himself....guess what all of these photos had in common? Gorgeous women, I mean really gorgeous red carpet model types. I personally think SS was a beautiful young woman but I think his taste in women may be a bit above that. To be honest, now that we've been informed of his pedigree and now are able to put a face behind it, I don't see his type being all that into a young woman like SS. Sex here and there, ok but chasing after, maybe not.

We have to focus on that landlord and this new fellow that has popped up.

Why would he say they had sex if they didn't? To the police, supposedly? I assume he only told them as he really feared his DNA would show up.

You must be right. If innocent, he had to fess up to the sex because he was terrified they would find his DNA on her.

Turkish media is implying there is DNA from ONE suspect killer

And as was reported last night that it doesn't match any of the first 22 suspects, including Taylan and the AirBnb host.

We know so little about this DNA -- where was it found? Was it sperm, blood, saliva, trace skin DNA on the murder weapon or on Sarai's body or belongings?

Similarly, we know so little about what was found at the scene and what the scene looked like because reports have been contradictory.

As for theories of the crime, aren't we down to two?

(1) Random person SS encountered at the walls

(2) Male SS had a rendezvous with at walls
--I don't think she would try to meet Taylan if she had a pre-established plan to meet another guy at the walls. But maybe? Maybe Taylan would just be for tea before she went off to an encounter with another. But she also could have contacted them to meet after she couldn't find Taylan. Or it could have been a shady 'meeting' of some kind (to buy drugs for personal use or any number of other illicit possibilities) that turned into a robbery or rape attempt that went wrong and turned into murder.

Other theories??

Turkish media is implying there is DNA from ONE suspect killer

And as was reported last night that it doesn't match any of the first 22 suspects, including Taylan and the AirBnb host.

We know so little about this DNA -- where was it found? Was it sperm, blood, saliva, trace skin DNA on the murder weapon or on Sarai's body or belongings?

Similarly, we know so little about what was found at the scene and what the scene looked like because reports have been contradictory.

As for theories of the crime, aren't we down to two?

(1) Random person SS encountered at the walls

(2) Male SS had a rendezvous with at walls
--I don't think she would try to meet Taylan if she had a pre-established plan to meet another guy at the walls. But maybe? Maybe Taylan would just be for tea before she went off to an encounter with another. But she also could have contacted them to meet after she couldn't find Taylan. Or it could have been a shady 'meeting' of some kind (to buy drugs for personal use or any number of other illicit possibilities) that turned into a robbery or rape attempt that went wrong and turned into murder.

Other theories??

Why don't they just say what type of DNA!

Since I was banging the drum the hardest for Taylan, and now I have to eat crow, I might as well make up my own 'drug mule' scenario as well:

- SS leaves to have her foreign adventure, hoping to see exotic places and hook up with an exotic guy or two. Along the way, she complains to every guy she meets that she is broke and money is a pressing problem stateside. One of these guys, who knows which one, says, hmmmmmm I know someone you could talk to who might be able to help out. All you have to do is carry this little package FROM ISTANBUL TO THE USA. SS meets the contact in Istanbul and initially agrees to the enterprise. These people are professionals -- this is all done face to face, with no internet or phone trail to trace (at best, only the most innocent looking codes to signal arrival or whatever). But then SS gets cold feet. She's had her foreign adventure, slept with a guy or two, seen the world, and the loneliness is plaguing her and what first seemed like an exciting way to make a pile of money now seems stupid, immoral and dangerous. She moves up her departure date and meets with the contact and tries to call it off (or maybe it was even at the meeting place to hand her the suitcase with the stuff in it). The criminal tries to reason with her, then resorts to threats, then starts grabbing and pushing her. She's a Puerto Rican NYC girl from the hood, and over-reacts, flips out and starts fighting. It's out of control in a flash, and once he's hurt her, he realizes he has to beat her to death to get out of there. He quickly stages the scene, takes her electronics, and hops it along the RR tracks to the nearest train station and is gone.

Whew. There's my finest 'drug mule' theory -- what do you guys think??!! What I like about it is that in this scenario, SS would never have to have any money or drugs on her, so there would be no evidence of what happened...

Some Turkish journalists are reading this web site!!!!

Wow -- Hurriyet cites the "Websleuths" forum for the speculation far upthread that Instagram users taylloo and sahhrudd may have been the same person...and may also be Taylan/Tarkan, etc....

You're in print, whoever said that! Well done...

Some forums on the Internet (such as websleuths.com) post according to comments @ taylloo with @ sahhrudd the same person. However, any indication that it does not exist. As a result, an on site Instagram, a member of any reviews of anyone who wants to make the bottom of the photo.

LINK

ToutCa, although drug related stories are very far down my list yours make sense. That would explain a lot.

That inspires me for something else, just after the last camera a pickpocket comes and grabs her bag and runs to the walls. She has her phone (only connection to the family) and ipad (all photos she have taken) so she runs to catch him. She reaches him inside a bit isolated part of walls. They put on a fight, he panics that she saw his face and grabs a rock and hits her. She dies. He reaches a blanket from one of the room, hide her in the hole she was found in. Take the bag and fly. This doesn't explain why her jeans and the jacket is not on her. I don't see the imaginary pickpocket guy staging the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member