GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
first trip out of the states so far away and no awesome souvenir? then why question a rug dealer?

Well one could have surely approached her, either hoping to make a sale, or as an excuse to flirt with her. But I doubt she was in the market for purchasing one.

I asked earlier what rug dealers might sell in addition to rugs, but don't think I got an answer. Since she was going home the following day, she might have picked up a gift for her sons/husband, or possible purchased a souvenir of some type. Are there any inexpensive rugs available?

Rug dealers if there main focus is rugs, could also sell embroidered peices, pillow cases, table cloths stuff like that, perhaps embroidered purses.

The cheapest rugs you can buy are about 200 bucks if they are hand made, maybe a low quality hand made maybe you could find one for less, and certainly you could find very cheap machine made rugs, but why go to turkey and buy a machine made rug, that makes little sense.

If that picture does have something to do with it, maybe the planks she was covered with were plywood rather than railroad ties? What is that picture from?

To me, it looks like the usual photo of her but just flipped and then edited on top of the picture of the hole in the ground with the planks.

To me, it looks like the usual photo of her but just flipped and then edited on top of the picture of the hole in the ground with the planks.

I think that's exactly what it is but could that possibly be the actual place they found her? I wonder if anything in the article clarifies that.

I hate this. No new info, nothing solid. It's stretches of time like this that I fear we'll never get this case solved. Praying this case doesn't go cold.

I find it really hard to believe that SS would buy a rug. Even the cheapest ones are not cheap, probably beyond the means of someone paying $17 a night to stay in a cheap Airbnb place and having to have money "wired" (????) to her to change a ticket. Sure, rug salesmen also sometimes sell other cheap items, but none of the ones I can think of would be big and bulky. Plus, wasn't her bag already packed and full?

Below is a link where you can "walk" along Kennedy Caddessi and get a little bit of a feel for the area...the kind of feel somebody like myself, or Sarai, who was not familiar with Istanbul would have.

http://tinyurl.com/bprw7vm

the link is to http://harita.yandex.com.tr but it was really long. It offers "street view" of Istanbul which google maps doesn't.

If you use the first link, you can find the area where the body was found. It is slightly (maybe 30-40 feet) to the south (left) of the area where the "three tall arches" are easily found. Those three arches are to the left of an area where there is a path that goes up over the old walls.

If you look very carefully to the left of the three tall arches, you can see under the trees the graffitti that was on the "cave" wall. It's back and hidden a bit, but to the right of the long tall intact part of the wall that is very close to the road.

Sorry to be so verbose, but I can't add an arrow where I need to.

The question is: was she killed 328 ft to the left or to the right of that "cave"?

If you use the first link, you can find the area where the body was found. It is slightly (maybe 30-40 feet) to the south (left) of the area where the "three tall arches" are easily found. Those three arches are to the left of an area where there is a path that goes up over the old walls.

If you look very carefully to the left of the three tall arches, you can see under the trees the graffitti that was on the "cave" wall. It's back and hidden a bit, but to the right of the long tall intact part of the wall that is very close to the road.

Sorry to be so verbose, but I can't add an arrow where I need to.

The question is: was she killed 328 ft to the left or to the right of that "cave"?

Might take some time for everthing to come up.

http://harita.yandex.com.tr/-/CVRD6U5v

Maybe she had a bag with a blanket and picnic items. Perhaps she had planned to go for a picnic as it was a nice day. I've actually had a picnic along that stretch of the Marmara Sea, although further along where there are grassed areas. Although landlord would have probably noticed a missing blanket so maybe not.

Perhaps her and Taylan had already discussed the city walls and then when he didn't show up, she decided to go there anyway. There are also ruins of an old palace somewhere along there.

Might take some time for everthing to come up.

http://harita.yandex.com.tr/-/CVRD6U5v

SophieRose,
Thanks for this excellent picture.

After seeing this picture with the grandeur of the walls, I can easily believe that she walked along this sidewalk to go see this magnificent piece of history.

IMO, at some point while she was there one of two things happened:

While she was gazing at the walls from the sidewalk, she was approached by someone who offered to show her more of the walls and/or caves and she followed him/her up the steps into the isolated areas ....
OR
she was curious and entered the steps into the upper isolated area on her own thus subjecting herself to immediate danger.

It is so very sad her life ended this way.
Prayers for her family and friends.

Maybe she had a bag with a blanket and picnic items. Perhaps she had planned to go for a picnic as it was a nice day. I've actually had a picnic along that stretch of the Marmara Sea, although further along where there are grassed areas. Although landlord would have probably noticed a missing blanket so maybe not.

Perhaps her and Taylan had already discussed the city walls and then when he didn't show up, she decided to go there anyway. There are also ruins of an old palace somewhere along there.

I was thinking the same. My first thoughts were that Sarai had brought a picnic with her. If she expected to spend her last day meeting Taylan, then it would be believable that she thought they could share a picnic together somewhere scenic.

I find it really hard to believe that SS would buy a rug. Even the cheapest ones are not cheap, probably beyond the means of someone paying $17 a night to stay in a cheap Airbnb place and having to have money "wired" (????) to her to change a ticket. Sure, rug salesmen also sometimes sell other cheap items, but none of the ones I can think of would be big and bulky. Plus, wasn't her bag already packed and full?

okay maybe it is not a rug, but it just looks like she is carrying something -- still wondering what it could be or if the quality is just so bad it is a shadow or double image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop