GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a thought that the electronics - they're in the river. Would it be easy to walk them there and throw them in?

Well its not a river...it's the part where the Bosphorous straight meets the Sea of Marmara (the Bosphorous connects the Sea of Marmara and the Black Sea), all salt water....but that's just FYI.

To chuck them immediately, they would have to run across a four lane road, and potentially be seen.

ThinkHard, what you’re saying in your reply to Emma Peel, about the perp having to run across the road to toss the electronics, holds true only for the average person.

It’s true that it is a long distance. There are 4 lanes and if we assume a length of 3 meters (10 feet) per lane, that makes 12 meters (39 feet). If we further assume the total distance from the walls to the coast is (generously) 4 times longer than the width of the road, it’ll give us an approximate distance of 48 meters (157 feet).

While a distance of 48 meters (157 feet) is long for an average human being, it certainly is not that long for a discus thrower. The average high school discus thrower should be able to easily toss an iPad into the Bosporus, and a professional discus thrower may even reach a distance longer than 70 meters (230 feet).

Since a men’s discus is 2 kg (4.4 lb), that is 3 times heavier than an iPad, a male discus thrower can even toss an ultrabook or a notebook over into the Bosporus.

Considering that the average launch speed of the discus is 25 meters/second (82 feet/second), it is quite unlikely that either pedestrians or drivers will notice anything during the 2 seconds the iPad passes over their heads.

The Istanbul Civic Authorities should put a ''here be dragons'' on that map if they continue to allow glue huffing homicidal maniacs to lurk in an area touted on tourist guides as worth seeing.

pbj, this scenario is beginning to make even more sense each time I read it. thanks.

yet as Chewy suggested, her iPad must be everything to her. and offering earrings instead, which Z cares least about, also makes sense.

This is what I think transpired:

1. Too bad SS didn't keep her more androgynous look on the 21st, with her hair tucked into her unisex cap. She dress nicely since she had hoped to meet Taylan, and that is her on the video.

2. People had described her as adventurous. (Who among us would sleep on the couch of an instagram acquaintance in Amsterdam?) She was also trusting and naive. She thought, though , she was a good judge of character. Early on her minister described her as 9 going on 32 (or whatever her age is.) This trait alone led to her demise.

3. Perhaps Taylan had mentioned the night before about going to the walls and trying to get portraits of the people there.

4. She decided that since Taylan didn't show, today would be her last day to capture great photos.

5. She went to the walls and assumed it to be safe. It was daylight, and a traveled road. Perhaps she was on the other side of the road. Z appeared and seemed charming, safe, and cooperative. Perhaps he motioned kindly for her to come across the road. He may have motioned for her to come into his cave.She did not feel brave enough to do this, but she may have glanced in.

6. Z then pulls her in to rape her. He pulls down her pants. She is fighting back, but given her size ,she is not a challenge for him. But then she starts a loud piercing scream. He knew he must silence her. He has her on the ground, and his adrenaline and testosterone is flowing, and in his unstable fashion, he begins to pulverize her with the rock, he get carried away.

7. Later, Z moves the body away from his territory. Another scavenger comes upon the body and decides to remove the jewelry. He takes off her earrings and then looks for a wallet. He finds her driver's license and realizes she is the one that everyone is searching for. He drops the earrings and the license. He wants nothing to do with her, but now his fingerprints are on her.

8. Z flees to his homeland. While on the run, he sells her ipad and phone, which he took from her. In part for the value, but also because her last photos were of him. When he sells them, he asks for everything to be erased, which the buyer does, and it entails turning on the devices.

And that's the way I think it went down.

He comes upon her and tries to take her electronics. She refuses and offers him her earrings by taking them out.

SANDOVAL, what is you who quoted the pastor's word about SS?

Something like "9 going on to 32..."

• She is like 9 going on to 33 >>> explains 50% of everything; at least explains why we can't explain

• Her choice of destination: Istanbul. Too naïve and free of prejudice
  • Her impulse decision to go to Munich
  • Her impulse decision to leave 1 day early due to boredom, homesickness

• No final results on rape tests >>> could still be rape

• The perp is a druggie with nothing to lose >>> uncontrolled violence; lack of motive; for me this explains the face, jewelry, even the attack

• No exact description of the crime scene >>> little known about damage on face, type of jewelry

• No details about her conversation w/ T >>> motive unknown for her walk to the walls

I am beginning to wonder whether this was even a case worth to discuss.

pbj, this scenario is beginning to make even more sense each time I read it. thanks.

yet as Chewy suggested, her iPad must be everything to hear. and offering earrings instead, which Z cares least about, also makes sense.

I'm still almost 100 % with this scenario, too. Still think it was her own idea to take a photo walk to the walls, hopefully with T together, but T was perhaps never so keen on photo walking).

And I liked the theory that the locals "framed the perp" by moving the body, which pbj also added to this scenario.

I'm still almost 100 % with this scenario, too. Still think it was her own idea to take a photo walk to the walls, hopefully with T together, but T was perhaps never so keen on photo walking).

And I liked the theory that the locals "framed the perp" by moving the body, which pbj also added to this scenario.

I like the framing scenario, too. I just wasn't sure if it was pbj's because it seemed like an alternative. (self-competition :) )

I understand locals' not being afraid of Z and becoming the invisible hand of the forensics, yet are they so smart or so willing to plan?

What if they were caught or had left prints in the process?

I am not so sure of that...

I am quite sure of one thing though:

I so wish that he had stolen the jewelry, even if not for his own sake, at least for our sake.

• She is like 9 going on to 33 >>> explains 50% of everything; at least explains why we can't explain

• Her choice of destination: Istanbul. Too naïve and free of prejudice
  • Her impulse decision to go to Munich
  • Her impulse decision to leave 1 day early due to boredom, homesickness

...​

I agree with point #1: Istanbul as a choice.
It sounds impulsive. There has not been any discussion that she planned a photographic trip and spent time weighing choices- like staying in the US, Paris, Barcelona, Egypt, etc. She chose Istanbul likely based upon the flattering interaction she was getting from IG contacts, with little or no regard to photography as the prime driver.

2. I understood the Munich stay was a stop-over booked to get the cheapest RT ticket IST-Amsterdam.

3. I also understood she changed her ticket quite early in her trip, and it was to leave 3 or 4 days early not one.

The comment about offering her earrings to avoid having the I-pad stolen is very reasonable.​

SANDOVAL, what is you who quoted the pastor's word about SS?

Something like "9 going on to 32..."

No,not me,
but from the same article, that she loved meeting new people and helping people ....something to do with her church sensibilities....so i had wondered if she had been 'reaching out to a poor homeless person', and even possibly was offering him her earrings, but i think they were of sentimental value to her, so i kind of doubt that?

ThinkHard, what you’re saying in your reply to Emma Peel, about the perp having to run across the road to toss the electronics, holds true only for the average person.

It’s true that it is a long distance. There are 4 lanes and if we assume a length of 3 meters (10 feet) per lane, that makes 12 meters (39 feet). If we further assume the total distance from the walls to the coast is (generously) 4 times longer than the width of the road, it’ll give us an approximate distance of 48 meters (157 feet).

While a distance of 48 meters (157 feet) is long for an average human being, it certainly is not that long for a discus thrower. The average high school discus thrower should be able to easily toss an iPad into the Bosporus, and a professional discus thrower may even reach a distance longer than 70 meters (230 feet).

Since a men’s discus is 2 kg (4.4 lb), that is 3 times heavier than an iPad, a male discus thrower can even toss an ultrabook or a notebook over into the Bosporus.

Considering that the average launch speed of the discus is 25 meters/second (82 feet/second), it is quite unlikely that either pedestrians or drivers will notice anything during the 2 seconds the iPad passes over their heads.

One must also consider the aeronautic design of an I-pad vs a discus. The squared edges would compromise the rotation and terminal centripetal velocity obtainable. In addition, one would need to factor in the thrower's experience and training. Discus throwers have trained for years, and their implements are designed for maximum aeronautic efficiency. I am unaware of a program for I-pad throwing training and have doubts that Z would have the required proficiency in such a toss as a neophyte to the sport.

No,not me,
but i think they were of sentimental value to her

Has anyone seen photos of these or similar earrings?
How do we know they were sentimenal?
How do we know anything about their composition?

And I am NOT going to discuss anything about gold selling. JUST STOP IT

Has anyone seen photos of these or similar earrings?
How do we know they were sentimenal?
How do we know anything about their composition?

And I am NOT going to discuss anything about gold selling. JUST STOP IT
IMO they likely were gifts maybe from this past Christmas or Mother's Day, or early Valentine.....who knows? I don't.

One must also consider the aeronautic design of an I-pad vs a discus. The squared edges would compromise the rotation and terminal centripetal velocity obtainable. In addition, one would need to factor in the thrower's experience and training. Discus throwers have trained for years, and their implements are designed for maximum aeronautic efficiency. I am unaware of a program for I-pad throwing training and have doubts that Z would have the required proficiency in such a toss as a neophyte to the sport.

Any evidence that Z was an accomplished discus thrower? Things are getting kind of batty in here!

IMO they likely were gifts maybe from this past Christmas or Mother's Day, or early Valentine.....who knows? I don't.

Never any mention from the family about jewelry.

IMO

It's more likely they were purchased locally. Possibly on a trip with Mr. TK.

I think that this clean, well presented, intelligent woman, did NOT 'have sex in a bar bathroom'' OR go to Turkey to find men.
The health risks alone would not be worth it.
This is not some femme fatale or a romance novel bimbo.
I DO think that being away from home for the first time, she chose jewellery that had sentimental value to her, to have a home- connection: she got bored in Istambul and was GOING HOME early.
RIP SS.

I think that this clean, well presented, intelligent woman, did NOT 'have sex in a bar bathroom'' OR go to Turkey to find men.
The health risks alone would not be worth it.
This is not some femme fatale or a romance novel bimbo.
I DO think that being away from home for the first time, she chose jewellery that had sentimental value to her, to have a home- connection: she got bored in Istambul and was GOING HOME early.
RIP SS.

Oh Sandoval, your opinion must be so frustrating to those who keep trying to ram home the message:
"Women, take heed. If you’re married and choose to take a trip to an interesting country without your family, it’s not because you can’t afford to take everyone, or that you can’t afford to stay in an expensive hotel, or that you might just want to have a chance to, for once and maybe for the only time in your life, and with your family’s trust and support, follow your own interests and briefly experience another culture, it must be that you are either a drug mule, immoral cheater or simply foolish enough to wander, man-less, in the most isolated area, peeking into caves so as to snap pictures of dangerous glue sniffing characters.

And for any intelligent women who think they don’t fall into any of those negative categories, then by all means, don’t end up dead, cause then you very well might. Just be a good wife and just wait until your husband and children can afford to pay the steep airfare and hotel charges and accompany you. If that time never comes, stay home and the boogieman won't catch ya."

I agree with you Sandoval. I think she wanted to come home early, missed and loved her family. Someone stopped her. Hope it's solved one day.

Yashim and alabaster thanks for the support. You've both had great insights too. Yashim, I think you were the one that translated the article, on which I based my scenario, that SS was seen photographing a group of the homeless and then alone with Z. A shout out also to the websleuth that within minutes of seeing the video of SS walking down the street in the red shirt, said I think there was a sex crime behind this.

I think SS being 9 going on 32 ( see #2 in my scenario) did lead to SS's demise.

Just to add to the scenario a few new pieces of information:

1. Last night someone here said SS crossed the road to take picture of the doors of C. . That's what got her to cross the street. Then she was surrounded by the "nice" and charming group of homeless. She's thinking like a 9 year old. "Oh, they're so nice" and she's left with the especially nice Z.

2. Z was a scavenger. I think SS looked to him to be a vision of loveliness. I think he thought, first I'm going to rape her. Then I'm going to take her jacket, phone, and Ipad to sell.

3. Add also to the scenario that SS had been filmed walking like a schoolgirl, swinging her jacket as she walked to the dangerous part of town. She had gotten the text from Taylan , with whom she was smitten, that he would be joining her. I think she was going to stay on the other side of the road until Taylan came, but then got carried away with the photographs of the doors, the homeless, and then the oh so helpful Z.

4. I'm leaning more toward Z dragging her body at night away from the murder site. I think he wiped the body clean of fingerprints, as best he could, and that's why at first LE was saying it looked "professional." But he didn't get under SS's fingernails.

What do you think?

And the wind...oh, but for a crosswind my kingdom might have been saved!

Definitely good points.

I am also worried that we may hit dead-end unless we find about Z's athletics performance in high school.

Yashim, I hope you're having fun with this discus throwing thing.....you have to understand that websleuths have learned to take everything you say on this thread as the gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann