TV Station Pushes for Release of ICA Jailhouse Video

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone smarter than me explain what "highly inflammatory" means in regards to Judge S sealing this tape. Did he feel that some would believe it to be gruesome to video tape a mother watching a TV report about LE finding her daughter? Was it inappropriate to tape JB and FCA having a conversation since this was a client-lawyer meeting?

Can someone smarter than me explain what "highly inflammatory" means in regards to Judge S sealing this tape. Did he feel that some would believe it to be gruesome to video tape a mother watching a TV report about LE finding her daughter? Was it inappropriate to tape JB and FCA having a conversation since this was a client-lawyer meeting?

I think if you recall that at the point Caylee's remains were found - the story was that OCA had no idea where Caylee was, and she was classed as a missing child. The SA had charged her with murder, so a tape that shows OCA having a panic attack rather than wailing with grief at the death of her child could - IMO- be indicative of her guilt. I don't think HHSS was concerned with anything except how it would affect the defendant at trial.

There is no presumption of privacy in the jail, even when a lawyer meets with a client. There are "person safety" rules in place, among others, so tapes are made of them physicaly, and do not include sound. After all, if OCA flew into a rage and smacked Baez with a chair, then the OCJ would be liable for damages.

Heh, heh, but it's an interesting visual.........

Does anyone recall JB's demeanor in the days immediately following Caylee being found.
I vaguely recall some discussion about JB looking subdued,but then he was also making a stink about his experts not being allowed to be at the site.
Did he recover from this taped episode quickly?

I remember seeing the video of Baez leaving the jail after speaking with Casey on Dec 11, the media was asking him questions and I don't remember if he seemed subdued or not...
The next day he had his posse of celebrity experts with him walking in unison to the remains site whining about not having access to what was an active crime scene for an officially unidentified skeletal remains

UPDATE
I just went back to read the Skeletal Remains Found Dec 11, 2008 thread and some posters posted seeing the newscast of Jose leaving the jail with his trade mark smirk and grin, one poster thought JB seemed agitated.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76238&page=21 Pages 20, 21

After all, if OCA flew into a rage and smacked Baez with a chair, then the OCJ would be liable for damages.

Heh, heh, but it's an interesting visual.........

Now I'm really wishing we had a video of Casey whacking Jose with a chair. I'd pay money to see that.

Tink

I remember seeing the video of Baez leaving the jail after speaking with Casey on Dec 11, the media was asking him questions and I don't remember if he seemed subdued or not...
The next day he had his posse of celebrity experts with him walking in unison to the remains site whining about not having access to what was an active crime scene for an officially unidentified skeletal remains

UPDATE
I just went back to read the Skeletal Remains Found Dec 11, 2008 thread and some posters posted seeing the newscast of Jose leaving the jail with his trade mark smirk and grin, one poster thought JB seemed agitated.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76238&page=21 Pages 20, 21

:tyou:
I feel like we're missing something. I was expecting something much more obvious based on the wording in JS's order.

Oh My...you're all still talking about this?
Yawn......

Remember what Jeff Ashton said: "ignore KC, that's what she hates the most"....

Just sayin.....

"Do as I say,not as I do" ? :waitasec: "Those who can't ,teach" ?

BBM - I agree.

To add one last insult to Caylee's short life, that entire crew celebrated in court over their 'win'. That's what Caylee was to them, a game, to be won. JB didn't even try to hide his motive. He was on a plane to New York looking for a big pay out and a nice talking head job. JB smelled the smell of death in that car. He knew.

JBP gave instructions before the verdict was read, no outbursts (can't remember the exact verbiage) and I'm not about to watch that disgusting display again. If the verdict had been guilty and the courtroom cheered, JBP would have been taking names and throwing people in jail. One final salute from JBP that the defense can do whatever they want, his perfect record left intact.

The guard needed to fingerprint FCA and that filth of a team couldn't keep their hands off of her as they cried TEARS OF JOY. The guard looked at JBP as if to say, do something. She had her gloves on ready to fingerprint FCA but she couldn't get through the celebration. CM's wife came out of nowhere to hug him for his big win. FCA was laughing. Then they moved the party to the bar as they drank champagne still basking in their win in front of the media cameras. Simms jumping up and down like a 5 year old. Disgusting.

I think back to all those boxes of evidence, part of Caylee in that room, left alone again. She is just a commodity to be bought and sold now. The horror of her final moments forgotten, after all, she's just a shell.

JB knew, they all knew. FCA went to his office every day, all day when she was out on bond. She even brought brownies, she's so thoughtful. There were no searches for Caylee going on in that office and there was no accident. Far from it.

IMO

ITA Sad

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76247&page=9 Post #204

December 11, 2008

Baez said this to reporters:

"I realize the circumstances as they are would lead most people to believe these are Caylee’s remains. But people have been wrong before," said Baez. He said Casey was upset at the news of the discovery and had asked for a sedatve. But he wouldn't go any further. "I’m not ready to disclose any kind of communications I had with my client," he said."

http://www.wftv.com/news/18253901/detail.html

BBM - I agree.

To add one last insult to Caylee's short life, that entire crew celebrated in court over their 'win'. That's what Caylee was to them, a game, to be won. JB didn't even try to hide his motive. He was on a plane to New York looking for a big pay out and a nice talking head job. JB smelled the smell of death in that car. He knew.

JBP gave instructions before the verdict was read, no outbursts (can't remember the exact verbiage) and I'm not about to watch that disgusting display again. If the verdict had been guilty and the courtroom cheered, JBP would have been taking names and throwing people in jail. One final salute from JBP that the defense can do whatever they want, his perfect record left intact.

The guard needed to fingerprint FCA and that filth of a team couldn't keep their hands off of her as they cried TEARS OF JOY. The guard looked at JBP as if to say, do something. She had her gloves on ready to fingerprint FCA but she couldn't get through the celebration. CM's wife came out of nowhere to hug him for his big win. FCA was laughing. Then they moved the party to the bar as they drank champagne still basking in their win in front of the media cameras. Simms jumping up and down like a 5 year old. Disgusting.

I think back to all those boxes of evidence, part of Caylee in that room, left alone again. She is just a commodity to be bought and sold now. The horror of her final moments forgotten, after all, she's just a shell.

JB knew, they all knew. FCA went to his office every day, all day when she was out on bond. She even brought brownies, she's so thoughtful. There were no searches for Caylee going on in that office and there was no accident. Far from it.

IMO

ITA! When i clicked on the video link i noticed another video of one of FCA's lawyers (the young girl with sort of long brown hair) and watched it. She said something about how "sweet" FCA was and how she hopes she goes out into the world and redeems herself. I couldn't help thinking how sad that Caylee will never have that chance. Of course Caylee would never have to "redeem" herself, it just upsets me that she'll never get to do anything in this world because she is no longer in it. I know they all know what happened to Caylee. I know they all know there is something seriously wrong with FCA. It was a game, that they won, and with it they expect the big payoff I am sure.

I watchd both video's and if i take anything from them, i see two people upset possibly, mad probably, at the fact that a beautiful little girls body was found but i know in my heart whatever they are feeling and expressing has nothing to do with a beautiful little girl being dead (because they knew that already).

What a truly sad world we live in...

Does anyone else find it interesting that the news station that requested that the tapes be unsealed was one of the DT's favorite "go to" stations to provide copies of motions "not yet filed" with the courts? JMO

Does anyone else find it interesting that the news station that requested that the tapes be unsealed was one of the DT's favorite "go to" stations to provide copies of motions "not yet filed" with the courts? JMO

Wasn't there a bit of a breakdown in that relationship towards the end of the trial though? :waitasec:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76247&page=9 Post #204

December 11, 2008

Baez said this to reporters:

"I realize the circumstances as they are would lead most people to believe these are Caylee’s remains. But people have been wrong before," said Baez. He said Casey was upset at the news of the discovery and had asked for a sedatve. But he wouldn't go any further. "I’m not ready to disclose any kind of communications I had with my client," he said."

http://www.wftv.com/news/18253901/detail.html

yet he was calling little bug guy that day, eh?

:floorlaugh: little bug guy! I love it! Wasn't that Haskell, or Huntington, I think?

maybe twas huntington, I think ...first name timothy? I swear I can only remember him as "baby bug guy" cause compared to the state's witness who was his mentor, he was barely out of the pupae stage!

maybe twas huntington, I think ...first name timothy? I swear I can only remember him as "baby bug guy" cause compared to the state's witness who was his mentor, he was barely out of the pupae stage!

Huntington - Timothy - yes, you are right and even more interesting at least to me is that he was Dr. Haskell's student - which is why I think it was LBK who made the call - I suspect Ms Baden Kennedy had come up against Dr. Haskell prior to this trial.....

I agree because Lord knows we've seen plenty of evidence of her pathetic acting ability. IMO, that's all this is. She knew Caylee was dead and she knew her body would be found - it's not like she buried her. She was likely practicing this reaction for seven months. Boring.

I think you can tell in the video with the FBI and the jail tapes with her parents she had been practicing but in this one, I see a genuine "oh $#!t!" reaction. Her face was glued to that screen from the moment she entered that room. Even if she tried her best acting, her body is out of control. Her chest heaving is the biggest give away and not to be vulgar but it looks as though her hand is resting on her womb.

On top of coming up with blaming George, thinking back to any evidence that would tie her to the scene, wondering what mom would say to her, "remembering words spoken", etc. she also had be remembering how she last saw Caylee. We've seen her hang her head unwilling to face reality or anyone in the room and rock like that before at trial with the description of the condition Caylee's remains were found in. She was terrified for herself not at the loss of her daughter.

My opinion, of course.

o.k. I must not have watched to the very end, I am re-watching.

At the beginning her legs just seemed like very dead weight out in front of her when she was heaving away, i thought she must not be able to get up.

Remember when she would not or could not stand as the jury left when the focus was Suburban Drive and Caylee's chewed, duct taped and scattered remains causing court to recess early, concluding that day of trial?

"Ms. Anthony is not feeling well..."

Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members