Twitney Spears enters rehab! Threads Merged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
shopper said:
Of course it's not bad, I'm the same as you. Not a fan of her music but as a fellow human being I hate to see anyone so obviously miserable. Especially a young mom with two little boys. They DO need her, and need her to be healthy.
Hi shopper, those two little boys do need a healthy mum, I hope she realises that and gets the help she needs. She has a lot a good things to look forward to with her children.

Shazza said:
Hi shopper, those two little boys do need a healthy mum, I hope she realises that and gets the help she needs. She has a lot a good things to look forward to with her children.

:) She sure does!

shopper said:
:) She sure does!
Lets just hope that she realises that, my children brought joy to my life. She has to focus on her children and if she is suffering from PND that can be treated. I pray for her even though I am not a fan, no body deserves this and I do think the media need to give her a break so she can recover.

Shazza said:
Lets just hope that she realises that, my children brought joy to my life. She has to focus on her children and if she is suffering from PND that can be treated. I pray for her even though I am not a fan, no body deserves this and I do think the media need to give her a break so she can recover.

In complete agreement once again. ;)

southcitymom said:
I was encouraged to have visitors in rehab.

I just thought it was not allowed, especailly during the first week/weeks.

shopper said:
I've been wonder about ppd for awhile but I didn't think it fit. Of course, I don't know a lot about ppd, but from what little I know, I didn't think it was about self-destructive behavior. I'm sure that sounds naive, depression can manifest in more ways than one.

I just hope whatever it is, she gets the proper diagnosis and is on the way back to a happy, healthy life.
I don't claim to know a great deal about post partum depression. However, I'm fairly sure that I suffered from it after the birth of my second child. Instead of talking to my doctor about it, I chose to "fix" myself by using dope again (after many years clean). So that's an example of ppd leading to self-destructive behavior.

By the time I went to rehab 15 months later, I certainly wasn't suffering from post partum depression anymore. I mean I was depressed because I was killing myself with drugs, but not clinically depressed. Once I got clean again, all that lifted.

Love and prayers to Britney and her family.

curious1 said:
Can you send me the blueprints for that? It might not work so well our stupid cubic-hells are only 4 feet tall. Who's stupid idea was that. If they were taller we would not spread our germs around so much. Someone sneezes on the other side of a wall and it's easy for the germys to just float on over. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I want to meet the person who invented the 4 ft cubic-hells so I can kick his butt.
Four feet tall? I'd be hanging eyebolts in the ceiling and putting up camoflage netting up! I have ADD and to hear every single nail being bitten, keypress being pushed or catch in the throat would make me kill someone.

The makeshift door was made from a five by six sheet off camo fabric pinned around a pressure type "curtain" rod.

shopper said:
TMZ has learned Britney Spears' troubles may have little to do with substance abuse. Sources say doctors at her rehab facility think the underlying reason for her trouble may be post-partum depression.

Sources tell TMZ that Britney's doctors have two operating theories -- either that she suffers from post-partum depression or bipolar disorder. The doctors strongly believe post-partum is the problem.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/02/27/britneys-post-partum-struggle/#comments
For the life of me I cannot imagine how doctors, treatment professionals, etc. could let this leak. This is very priviledged information. Further, this facility is used to treating high-profile celebrities and the like - so I'd imagine utmost privacy is an extremely high priority for a place like Promises.

I think this was either made-up by someone - or more likely - leaked by Spear's camp so she doesn't look sooo bad. The "post-partum" excuse is certainly more palatable and sympathetic than rampant drug use & partying.

JMO

southcitymom said:
I'm not an MD or an addiction professional but in my layperson's opinion, given Britney's circumstances, any doctor in the world would look at PPD as a possible diagnosis (concurrent obviously with addiction).

I will buy the PPD diagnoses only if as you said it is concurrent with addiction. I don't believe this is all PPD and believe me I have had bad PPD.

narlacat said:
Oh well it must be true then ;)

They worked that out pretty quick lol, she's only been in there how long? 5 days? that is not even long enough to have detoxed, there is no way they could assume that at this stage.
Exactly! When I was in rehab for the pain-pill addiction, they do extensive psych examinations, run all kinds of tests (blood, etc.) - you're right - these types of "diagnosis" would certainly not be concluded in a couple days. What bull$hit.

southcitymom said:
It usually is for close family and friends during set aside visiting hours a few times a week.

Well I think it is great then. I was just basing my opinion on movies I guess.

angarella said:
Well I think it is great then. I was just basing my opinion on movies I guess.
It really is a good thing, angarella. Most people in treatment are at such a low place in their lives...the support of people who love you is invaluable. Additionally, most family members of addicts can learn a great deal for their own mental, spiritual and psychological paths by participating on some level in the treatment process. Addiction and mental illness are, in many regards, family diseases which effect more than just the "identified" patient.

Rachael said:
I will buy the PPD diagnoses only if as you said it is concurrent with addiction. I don't believe this is all PPD and believe me I have had bad PPD.
Yes, of course any mental illness diagnosis would run right alongside the obvious substance abuse problem. And the mental illness cannot be fully identified and treated until the addict is clean - no question about that.

I personally think Britney was using drugs a good deal before she had any babies, but it may have been the combination of her rampant drug use in connection with her despair following childbirth that helped bring her to this (we can only hope) bottom.

If Britney can get clean, she will have the opportunity to delve into the scary, murky waters of why she has deceided to kill herself and block out life with drugs. When she can come face-to-face with those reasons, she will be well on her way to recovery - to making new choices that bring her light and life instead of pain and darkness.

southcitymom said:
This is a bit long (12 minutes) but a terrific view:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7bbaRyDLMvA

In it, Craig Ferguson of the CBS late show gives a monologue where talks about Britney Spears, drinking, and his own experience.
I saw that too - interesting.

I just hope people don't think that when she gets better that it's then time for her "big comeback". While Britney may love to be an entertainer, I don't believe she can handle this type of extreme fame.

Can you imagine what it must have been like for her to have tens of thousands screaming fans at her concerts? That's gotta mess with your head a little bit. The extreme adulation, the screaming throng of thousands of people.....looking out into a sea of people and they're all there for you. I believe that in part shaped her during her development. That's got to be confusing.

Then anywhere she goes there are tons of papparazzi flanking her - flashbulbs going off every second. It's crazy.

I think some can cope with this type of situation - and others have more difficulty. I think it got to the point with Britney where she was just trying to escape......drugs, sex, strangers-"friends", etc. It's quite sad because I've had my eye on her for a while - because I couldn't believe how terrible she was looking - and I do think that Britney's really a mess. I think she has a lot to work on to even get close to "recovery". That's why I hope she isn't given one of these "Lindsay Lohan" type recovery plans - where two weeks later you're all better. Cured! Now let's get her back to work on that new album! No, I hope Britney takes it slow and gets back to the things that are important - namely her children and her family and loved ones.

Compos Mentis said:
I saw that too - interesting.

I just hope people don't think that when she gets better that it's then time for her "big comeback". While Britney may love to be an entertainer, I don't believe she can handle this type of extreme fame.

Can you imagine what it must have been like for her to have tens of thousands screaming fans at her concerts? That's gotta mess with your head a little bit. The extreme adulation, the screaming throng of thousands of people.....looking out into a sea of people and they're all there for you. I believe that in part shaped her during her development. That's got to be confusing.

Then anywhere she goes there are tons of papparazzi flanking her - flashbulbs going off every second. It's crazy.

I think some can cope with this type of situation - and others have more difficulty. I think it got to the point with Britney where she was just trying to escape......drugs, sex, strangers-"friends", etc. It's quite sad because I've had my eye on her for a while - because I couldn't believe how terrible she was looking - and I do think that Britney's really a mess. I think she has a lot to work on to even get close to "recovery". That's why I hope she isn't given one of these "Lindsay Lohan" type recovery plans - where two weeks later you're all better. Cured! Now let's get her back to work on that new album! No, I hope Britney takes it slow and gets back to the things that are important - namely her children and her family and loved ones.

Great post!

Compos Mentis said:
I think she has a lot to work on to even get close to "recovery". That's why I hope she isn't given one of these "Lindsay Lohan" type recovery plans - where two weeks later you're all better. Cured! Now let's get her back to work on that new album! No, I hope Britney takes it slow and gets back to the things that are important - namely her children and her family and loved ones.
Britney will be told what Lindsey Lohan was told what everyone who goes to a reputable rehab is told: "Go to meetings, change your playmates and playgrounds, get a sponsor, work the steps." Whether she'll follow this advice or not remains to be seen.

Recovery doesn't happen in rehab, though sometimes it begins there. Recovery from addiction is an ongoing, day-to-day process. Though I think it would be tremendously difficult to recover in the Hollywood world, plenty seem able to do it.

Has anyone heard about Britney supposedly trying to hang herself with a bedsheet and screaming that she's the anti-christ? I'm searching for a link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back