Twitney Spears enters rehab! Threads Merged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
narlacat said:
Speaking of tennis, apparently Federer lost to someone today- not sure of the details...

Anyway, Britney has bulimia

Spears admits she has bulimia: reports

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=254227
I read that the bulimia has worsened her underlying condition because she was purging the medication she was on. :(

She's been in rehab for awhile now. It sounds like she is opening up and starting to do the work it will take to recover. My thoughts and prayers go out to Britney and her family.

southcitymom said:
If you use anything daily for long enough, withdrawal is awful. Her physical symptoms remind me of my own withdrawal from opiates/benzos. Even if she is being medically detoxed, it will be months before her system gets straightened out entirely from all that stuff. It's not easy. My prayers are with her.
Hi Southcity...yes, I also was addicted to narcotic pain pills - and you are absolutely correct. It takes a long time for your body to be "normal" again. Of course, it all depends on how long you were abusing, how much you were taking, etc.

I do wonder though how much of what we hear about Britney is true. I mean with respect to the info that's coming out of the rehab. I just have a hard time believing all that very priviledged info gets leaked out like that. But again - I've been known to be a little naive! So, just don't know what to make of it.

What I do know, is that I've been kindof keeping my eye on Britney for a while now....just because I have to honestly say that I've been kind of fascinated by her behavior & appearance. I mean, when she started partying, etc. after the 2nd baby was born, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I remember going out to dinner a few times after my baby was born and that was about it for me. I was in pure "mama mode". I could never imagine going out like she was - only months after giving birth. And don't get me wrong - I was a HUGE "going out" person before my baby was born. And I was the first of all my young, cool, friends to have a baby....so while I was home nursing, waking up in the middle of the night, bonding with baby, etc. - my group of gals was out all over the city of Chicago having a good ole time! I just can't imagine me getting out & doing all that with them months after my baby was born. So in my humble opinion - something was really wrong.

Further, I was fascinated with her increasingly horrible appearance. Her hair - UGH! Those horrible weaves - you could even see areas that were like "bald". It was just a mess. The way she dressed - so bad. Total wreck. I knew something bad was gonna go down - it was just a matter of time.

I wonder if she is experiencing guilt from being - let's face it - not the best mamma. I went into a rehab for my pain-pill abuse when my son was about a year & a half old. Oh my Lord. I cried my eyes out missing him so much - and the guilt was crushing. I felt I had abandoned my baby and that I was the worst mother in the world. My guy is almost 11 now and I certainly understand things better now - but at the time I felt SO guilty. And I wasn't even doing any of the $hit that Britney was doing. I just wonder if she is experiencing a lot of guilt. That is very hard.

eve said:
Thanks for the article, wow what was Brit on that her withdrawal is that bad? She is worse off than I thought. I knew several bulimics in college and they were a mess. I wish her luck.

Eve
I went to school with a few as well and it is horrible what it does to your body. Very sad.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258310,00.html

A source says diagnosis of Bipolar:

snip>>>While Spears is said to be making progress in rehab, her alleged condition has made things difficult, according to the source, who said she has been diagnosed as bipolar.

"She is on medication for bipolar disorder, but the pills are not staying in her system because she is bulimic and is throwing them up before they can help her!" the source said. <<<<snip

It would explain some of Brits conduct if indeed she had untreated Bipolar disorder. IMO

Jacobi said:
Federer lost to Guillermo Canas at the Indian Wells masters in the first round (which Fed has won the past three years). Federer was on track to beat the record for most consecutive wins -- he needed to win the tournament (it stands at 46 wins, and Fed was at 41 consecutive). Canas is currently a top-100 player, but the ranking is deceiving as he should be top-10 were it not for a recent year long suspension for a doping offence (though the punishment was totally unfair considering the ATP themselves gave him the affected supplements).

Federer was very gracious in defeat, but many suspect the loss was due to an injury (he was treated for blisters at the end of the first set and wasn't very fluid in the second set).

It's a shame, but he had to lose eventually...
Thanks for the update Jacobi, oh what a shame

He is always very gracious yes- such a nice young man.

eve said:
Thanks for the article, wow what was Brit on that her withdrawal is that bad? She is worse off than I thought. I knew several bulimics in college and they were a mess. I wish her luck.

Eve
No worries Eve.

Brits bulimia has nothing to do with her withdrawals- just to clarify.

I have too and they are hard work- bulimia is not as obvious as anorexia- I feel sorry for Brits, that's not something I've ever had to deal with personally but can understand how addictive that would be....bad habits are hard to break..

IdahoMom said:
I read that the bulimia has worsened her underlying condition because she was purging the medication she was on. :(

She's been in rehab for awhile now. It sounds like she is opening up and starting to do the work it will take to recover. My thoughts and prayers go out to Britney and her family.
I had a friend that got pregnant from puking her pill up all the time...she wouldn't listen...this was years ago when the pill was really the only viable option

Did she become addicted to pain pills and bullemic after she had the second baby? If so, she really couldn't have been taking the pills for that long since he was only born in September. Not to sound rude, but I am a bit surprised that she's bullemic. I never thought she was extremely thin in comparison to other celebrities. :truce:

Rachael said:
Did she become addicted to pain pills and bullemic after she had the second baby? If so, she really couldn't have been taking the pills for that long since he was only born in September. Not to sound rude, but I am a bit surprised that she's bullemic. I never thought she was extremely thin in comparison to other celebrities. :truce:
I was thinking the same thing :confused:

Rachael said:
I have suffered from Anorexia for years and I have been on the hospital with many bulemics. They come in all shapes and sizes.:)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were true. Eating disorders can often lead to irratic and distructive behavior.

Once again, I am posting in the Britney thread. I think I need to go read a good book.:blushing: :crazy:

Rachael said:
Bulimia is an eating disorder characterised by binge-eating, vomiting and purging by making yourself sick, or abusing laxatives. It doesn't always lead to being thin. It's more complicated than that. One of my friends has bulemia and she is obese.

Boy- I sure do hope Britney is getting the help she needs.

One of the reasons people who are abusing drugs go into rehab centers is to get assistance in withdrawing from the drug of choice. That assistance does not consist of psychological help only. It includes medical attention.

These patients are not expected to withdraw from drugs "cold turkey". They are medically managed through the withdrawal process, given medications fto control blood pressure, for nausea, for anxiety attacks, etc.

So I can't imagine why Britney would have been "going through hell" and "shaking" for the first week of rehab.

No doctor wants to see their patient "go through hell" during a detoxification. And there are plenty of medications that can help to ease the patient through that first week - which is about how long the physical detox takes.

By the way, some hospitals have a "detox unit" where the patients are all detoxing. After that, they usually participate in a 30, 60 or 90 day inpatient program.

AlwaysShocked said:
One of the reasons people who are abusing drugs go into rehab centers is to get assistance in withdrawing from the drug of choice. That assistance does not consist of psychological help only. It includes medical attention.

These patients are not expected to withdraw from drugs "cold turkey". They are medically managed through the withdrawal process, given medications fto control blood pressure, for nausea, for anxiety attacks, etc.

So I can't imagine why Britney would have been "going through hell" and "shaking" for the first week of rehab.

No doctor wants to see their patient "go through hell" during a detoxification. And there are plenty of medications that can help to ease the patient through that first week - which is about how long the physical detox takes.

By the way, some hospitals have a "detox unit" where the patients are all detoxing. After that, they usually participate in a 30, 60 or 90 day inpatient program.

I respectfully ask have you ever been in a detox center? The first week is hell and yes they give you meds to help, but you think it is odd that she shook the first week. Obviously you have never been to detox.

angarella said:
I respectfully ask have you ever been in a detox center? The first week is hell and yes they give you meds to help, but you think it is odd that she shook the first week. Obviously you have never been to detox.
I had a family member who came to us for help, he wanted to get of Heroin, he went cold turkey, and he shook the first day it was a horrible thing to see, he stayed with us for a week and was pretty much cleaned up but he went back to where he lived and the same environment and friends and got back on it. He didnt follow through with treatment that we had organised for him. We tried, but they have to want to help themselves. So Angarella I support you when you say they get the shakes in the first week, I saw it first hand.

Shazza said:
I had a family member who came to us for help, he wanted to get of Heroin, he went cold turkey, and he shook the first day it was a horrible thing to see, he stayed with us for a week and was pretty much cleaned up but he went back to where he lived and the same environment and friends and got back on it. He didnt follow through with treatment that we had organised for him. We tried, but they have to want to help themselves. So Angarella I support you when you say they get the shakes in the first week, I saw it first hand.

Even in a controlled detox environment, with meds to help withdrawals, people shake and puke and worse........

angarella said:
Angarella...I agree with you. I went through detox for pain-pills and all they gave me was clonidin (sp?) and a mild sleeping pill at night (I say mild because when you're an addict you can take stuff that would probably kill another person & not even have much of an effect on you!). Although, I admit this was a while ago when I was in treatment ('98). Perhaps things have changed.

However, while you're in treatment - you cannot keep taking your drug(s) of choice - and believe me, anything else they give you "to help" is like an aspirin compared to what you're craving. The physical withdrawal is one thing (bad) - but the emotional withdrawal is horrifying. Depending what you were on, of course. But narcotics is brutal because your opiate receptors get attached to the pain-meds & your body then stops making its naturally producing opiate attachors such as dopamine. So now there's nothing going to those opiate receptors in your brains & you become severely depressed. It is horrible.

I really don't know if Britney was technically "addicted" to anything. To me, personally, it just seems like she was more emotionally spinning out of control and probably taking everything that was around (like the club scene for example). So I believe she was drinking alot, taking E, maybe some coke - you know, stuff immediately available in that lifestyle. And it seems like this is something she was doing in the last five months since the baby was born - so I don't know if she was really "addicted" per se. That doesn't mean she couldn't overdose or anything like that. I just believe her family had to get her into a treatment facility - because she did (does) need to be treated! She was completely out of control and needs to get control of her life and start becoming an adult, 25 year old mother of two. There are probably serious underlying psychological problems here - but not so sure how much of it is a true "addiction".

AlwaysShocked said:

I respectfully disagree with much of this post - as will anyone who has kicked dope. Being medically detoxed definitely helps, but it's still hell - for longer than a week. I wasn't completely through with all detox symptoms until about the 60 day mark.

You'd think that experience alone would impress upon me WHY I should never use again, but I have such a short memory....LOL:rolleyes:

southcitymom said:
I respectfully disagree with much of this post - as will anyone who has kicked dope. Being medically detoxed definitely helps, but it's still hell - for longer than a week. I wasn't completely through with all detox symptoms until about the 60 day mark.

You'd think that experience alone would impress upon me WHY I should never use again, but I have such a short memory....LOL:rolleyes:

And I respectfully agree with your post Southcitymom!

xo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back