TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is crazy

Travis Scott promoter has history of deaths, injuries at shows

The concert promoter behind Travis Scott’s deadly Astroworld Festival has seen a slew of tragedies at past events — with at least 750 injuries and around 200 deaths in the last 15 years, according to a review of records.

From your link:

“Like Scott’s deadly Texas show, many of the previous complaints involve an overwhelming crush of people at events.

That includes the 2018 Global Citizen Festival in Central Park, in which a fan said in a lawsuit that she was “trampled, pummeled, assaulted … due to stampede-like conditions” at the show headlined by Janet Jackson, The Weeknd and Cardi B”

Overwhelming crush of people at events. What a thing to be known for! I hope they have overwhelming insurance to cover this TS crush.

I’ve been to all kinds of concerts, including rap and festival/general/field seating.
Been to intense metal ones that even with my tall height that I bailed out once I felt pushed towards the front. It can happen so quick.
The cost of those tickets! I’m struggling to think of an artist that I would pay almost $400 for just an hour and a half performance.
Prayers for all.....:(
Me and a friend paid $500 each for Eric Clapton in 2013 at the Timewarner Coliseum in Charlotte, NC - Very nice indoor venue with exceptional security. We had 5th row seats. I'm a concert junkie from way back, but usually tap out at around $100 and would never pay that kind of money for an outdoor venue. But I could see the sweat flying off Eric's forehead, so.... it had to be done... :D

My heart breaks for all involved in this current travesty.:(

BBM

There must be a typo in this statement. Is it supposed to be ‘it is possible for there to be criminal liability’?

"[If] the facts were to demonstrate that Mr. Scott were warned about the size of the crowd and ignored it, or if there was a intentional disregard of safety procedures where fans were encouraged to rush the stage – and you know, that seems to be some of the news coverage – then, you know, its not possible for there to be criminal liability," the attorney said.

ETA: Pushing and shoving in the crowd is allegedly normal at his shows, and Scott has often encouraged fans to bypass security and rush the stage according to The Associated Press.

Astroworld Festival tragedy: Could Travis Scott be held criminally responsible?

BBM

There must be a typo in this statement. Is it supposed to be ‘it is possible for there to be criminal liability’?

"[If] the facts were to demonstrate that Mr. Scott were warned about the size of the crowd and ignored it, or if there was a intentional disregard of safety procedures where fans were encouraged to rush the stage – and you know, that seems to be some of the news coverage – then, you know, its not possible for there to be criminal liability," the attorney said.

ETA: Pushing and shoving in the crowd is allegedly normal at his shows, and Scott has often encouraged fans to bypass security and rush the stage according to The Associated Press.

Did they just correct the statement? What I'm seeing is different:

" it's not impossible"

bbm

BBM

The online article is CURRENTLY reading “IMPOSSIBLE”:
If] the facts were to demonstrate that Mr. Scott were warned about the size of the crowd and ignored it, or if there was a intentional disregard of safety procedures where fans were encouraged to rush the stage – and you know, that seems to be some of the news coverage – then, you know, it's not impossible for there to be criminal liability," the attorney said.

If it was a typo, it’s been corrected now.

Does anyone think that TS could end up doing some jail time?
Idk.

If TS' remarks are caught on audio/video about rushing and bypassing security which in this awful case resulted in loss of life -- possibly ?
Even one death would have been unacceptable.
Eight people who came to hear him sing and listen to the music lost their lives.

Cannot imagine what the families are going through.
Besides the terrible grief the families must be struggling with some anger ?
The deaths were completely preventable.
MOO.

Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

BREAKING: We have learned a 9 YO boy is fighting for his life at Texas Children’s Hospital after his family says he was trampled at #AstroWorld -child was on his dads shoulders during the crowd surge, his dad passed out from pressure, his son fell and concert goers trampled him
https://mobile.twitter.com/StefaniaOnABC13
The child’s family tells me all of his organs are damaged, and he has severe swelling in his brain. They praying for a full recovery, which would be a miracle.

Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

BREAKING: We have learned a 9 YO boy is fighting for his life at Texas Children’s Hospital after his family says he was trampled at #AstroWorld -child was on his dads shoulders during the crowd surge, his dad passed out from pressure, his son fell and concert goers trampled him
The child’s family tells me all of his organs are damaged, and he has severe swelling in his brain. They praying for a full recovery, which would be a miracle.

Dear God. :(

Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

Oh no.......

Stefania Okolie
@StefaniaOnABC13

This is heartbreaking. <modsnip> That poor boy.

Idk.

If TS' remarks are caught on audio/video about rushing and bypassing security which in this awful case resulted in loss of life -- possibly ?
Even one death would have been unacceptable.
Eight people who came to hear him sing and listen to the music lost their lives.

Cannot imagine what the families are going through.
Besides the terrible grief the families must be struggling with some anger ?
The deaths were completely preventable.
MOO.

His former arrest are indicative of his remarks. I don’t see how he can’t be held responsible. He has been arrested and sentenced over it and yet he still didn’t change anything. That’s negligent.

“In 2017, Scott was arrested after he encouraged fans to bypass security and rush the stage, leaving a security guard, a police officer and several others injured during a concert in Arkansas, the AP reported.

In a separate incident, he was sentenced to one year of court supervision after pleading guilty to reckless conduct charges stemming from a 2015 incident in Chicago at the Lollapalooza music festival”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back