TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ya’ll I’m stuck on this first world country thing. I was digging around and China isn’t a first world country? Don’t they have the second best economy behind the US? This has me so co fused.

I apologize if this has already been answered... I haven't caught up yet.

Capitalism is one of the defining characteristics of a first world country. Because China operates on a communistic social and economic system, they aren't considered a 'first world country'.

https://apnews.com/5a57d5d4d817437aa1a1a8c4aac9fb0a

Neighbors said that they heard intense gunfire coming from the direction of the address listed for Kelley in recent days.
“It’s really loud. At first I thought someone was blasting,” said Ryan Albers, 16, who lives across the road. “It had to be coming from somewhere pretty close. It was definitely not just a shotgun or someone hunting. It was someone using automatic weapon fire.”

It's possible he was just target practicing for the event. The area that he lived in appears to be rural with a lot of wooded land.

This is a handy link to find current and previous addresses complete with google maps. Enter his name and New Braunfels, TX.

https://www.familytreenow.com

"When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado when he bought the rifle, the official said."

I can't get the link to work. It's CNN text article, but a video keeps popping up when I copy the link.

"When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado when he bought the rifle, the official said."

I can't get the link to work. It's CNN text article, but a video keeps popping up when I copy the link.

Paste the link then remove the https:// before hitting post. It’ll show up as a link.

That actually does make a lot of sense, but the worst part about it is, even if it's exactly what happened, it'll never be enough info to stop it from happening again. And again, and again, and again. Human history has made it abundantly clear it's a matter of what's in the heart (mind, psyche, soul, call it whatever), not what's in the holster...

Very insightful post, thank you Ontario Mom.

Why do they care if the gun was got legally - it is totally irrelevant IMO>

WHo cares?
A lot of people care. Both sides need talking points in their mindless partisan arguments. Social media is becoming a cesspool.

These massacres are being treated like they're sporting events. A form of entertainment for some people. It's disgusting but its not going to change until society as a whole is sick of it and we're nowhere close to that point.

What’s with these killers & their mother-in-laws lately?

First it was Melinda P of Ohio on Sept 23rd shot & stabbed by her soon to be SIL

....and now this killer goes on a rampage in the town where his MIL has a P.O. box & allegedly goes to that church?!

Has it been reported if his wife or MIL was in that church at that time?

Can you tell me where this comes from? About the Mother in Law? I must be seriously behind. :/ TIA

OMG!

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/chris-ward-not-sutherland-springs-texas-church-shooter-gunman/
[FONT=&quot]This misidentification stemmed from an on-air report from CBS News. A woman who works at a store near the church said she had heard the gunman was Chris Ward. The woman, identified only as Carrie, said she heard from neighbors that Ward had shot his whole family before going to the church. Ward’s family has disputed this and it does not match with what police have learned about the shooter.

[/FONT]
Thats twice CBS!!

Can you tell me where this comes from? About the Mother in Law? I must be seriously behind. :/ TIA

It’s looking like this guy killed his wife’s family, including his step MIL. Still waiting for confirmation.

It does confuse me every time where the media carries on if the gun was obtained legally.

Like people who are getting ready to commit 27 acts of murder are going to think hum it againist the law, I certainly don't want to be break any laws here...

Why do they care if the gun was got legally - it is totally irrelevant IMO>

WHo cares?

And or lets pretend congress pretends to do something - there are so many out there

The real question ought to be what is happening in our nation that results in people wanting to decimate others?

Xocotzin is illegal

So is heroin

so is ..............

CARIIS: Excellent points.

A bit off-topic, but how are you doing? I followed your posts (as well as others affected by Hurricane Harvey. Are things somewhat returning to "normal"?

Victim list beginning....

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/suthe...-shooting-victims-list-names-photos-pictures/

Chris Ward lost his wife and 2 daughters. He has one son in the hospital shot 4 times. One daughter wasn’t shot. Unbelievable.

So, so sad.

My condolences and prayers for the Families, Friends of those who lost their Loved Ones, and to the People of Sutherland Springs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bigstock-Stone-Angel-102959996.jpg
    bigstock-Stone-Angel-102959996.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 243
CARIIS: Excellent points.

A bit off-topic, but how are you doing? I followed your posts (as well as others affected by Hurricane Harvey. Are things somewhat returning to "normal"?

Here yeh we did not lose power! Thank god !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72