TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting in...

Why does this keep happening? People mowing down innocent persons in such rampages? It seems like it's happening more and more (or is it not?) Has the frequency of these mass shootings increased? And if so, why I wonder?? :(

Going back to catch up...seems he has a previous address in Colorado Springs...

Out of curiosity, can someone please see if they can find out where he was in May of 2015? Tia.

Okay then. My speculation. Abusive husband tries to isolate wife from friends and family as abusive partners do.

But wife escaped with support from friends, family, and church.

Abusive husband decides to isolate her permanently from some of her pillars of support.

/Speculation only based on sketchy and unconfirmed details

I agree.

I think most would wear camo with an orange vest over or cap on top of that . I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not a hunter myself, but I know plenty. Seeing people walk around town like that is common. He may not have gotten the suspicion he would have in a different region. Unless that's more like LE swat tactical gear that he was seen in.

Incident has something to do with the Church or the community.

"He added that based on what he knew he did not believe the incident was related to terrorism, but "was some kind of other incident that has to do with the church or the community."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/several-casualties-reported-texas-church-shooting-n817751

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(O/T, this is so weird, I was reminded of something reading these posts... I haven't followed the Missy Bevers case, and actually know nothing about it at all her case except that she was shot in a church, and the guy was wearing tactical gear...but the thought just crossed my mind as I read these posts, that maybe her shooting wasn't targeted, and the original intent was a mass shooting, somehow not fully carried out? Not sure if this is applicable to her case or not. Anyway....back to the horrible situation at hand...:( )

OT

Levity break

Don't forget daylight savings time.

I did.

Just now!

Rather disorienting for a moment or two !!!

Oh brother I am losing my marbles I thought for a moment!!

Time does not go backwards!

WTH is going on I asked myself!

I just glanced at a clock about 20 min ago (funny funny I left out the "l" in clock -- an entirely different notion !! thank god I caught that typo!!) OH lord!

then i googled it and was comforted to learn that it had just "happened" --

Had no clue today was the day !!!

Just trying to save anyone else from a brief panic attack as it relates to losing one's marbles

NOt really sure why I want to know the answer to this!!

DId anyone else not know that it was today??

Way behind but in this setting it seems somewhat confusing that there seemed to be some confusion about who was injured or killed

In this location and setting I would think people would know one another no ?

he talked 'about how people who believe in God were stupid'.................

..... and ex-Bible studies teacher......

and then goes to church to murder.....

are we talking loss of contact with reality?

If that is not just flat out peculiar I am not sure what is??

ok then

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-outcast-preached-atheism.html#ixzz4xdBsuByY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hi Cariis! I know little to nothing, except it seems to me that this person that did this obviously had serious mental issues. jmo

It's becoming very clear this has little to do with the church and more to do with his wife and family.
I'm guessing that the church was the easiest way to get the entire family in one place.

It appears his family is also close by (except one sister on the west coast) and their profiles haven't disappeared yet either...
However, the one Uncle that posted condemning the shooter didn't mention him killing any relatives.

I don't know why it matters... either way a bunch of innocent people are dead.
Maybe it's just that these are the only people I can try and confirm are okay....
But that doesn't change the numbers. Maybe it's time for a drink.

Still catching up...the anniversary of Ft Hood likely isn't a coincidence, moo.

It's becoming very clear this has little to do with the church and more to do with his wife and family.
I'm guessing that the church was the easiest way to get the entire family in one place.

It appears his family is also close by (except one sister on the west coast) and their profiles haven't disappeared yet either...
However, the one Uncle that posted condemning the shooter didn't mention him killing any relatives.

I don't know why it matters... either way a bunch of innocent people are dead.
Maybe it's just that these are the only people I can try and confirm are okay....
But that doesn't change the numbers. Maybe it's time for a drink.
The man that was accused of killing his family was actually a man who lost his entire family, Chris Ward. Heavy.com ran the story, its a few posts down

Just getting in...

Why does this keep happening? People mowing down innocent persons in such rampages? It seems like it's happening more and more (or is it not?) Has the frequency of these mass shootings increased? And if so, why I wonder?? :(

Going back to catch up...seems he has a previous address in Colorado Springs...

Out of curiosity, can someone please see if they can find out where he was in May of 2015? Tia.

To me there is no question: Notoriety

These are alienated losers. Cowards. Empty vessels. They envy normal people. They feel they are owed more than they have. They want to cause pain but do it in a way that they perceive to be "dangerous" and "tough".

In our nation, guns are mythologized symbols of manhood, resistance, rage, vengeance, the triumph of the underdog and power. These creeps use that tool to harm others and make a name for themselves. They don't care that they will be dead. They just care that their names won't be forgotten.

And we oblige them.

When we stop celebrating, naming and rewarding these jerks it will stop happening as much. At present each crazy loner sitting in his room feeling angry frustration is watching this tragedy and thinking, "Good for him. Bet I can top that."

We need to stop using macho-sounding names like "gunman" and "killer" to describe these cowards. They kill babies and old people. Come on.

I bet if the media started describing them as cowards and refusing to publish their names or photos, we would have far less of these atrocities.

A couple who had been married for 25 years, Bryan and Karla Holcombe, were among those killed in the shooting.

Crystal Holcombe.... killed alongside her in-laws. Her husband survived.
8 months pregnant. 2 kids okay - awaiting word on 3 others.

Joann Ward, 30, and her daughters, Brooke Ward, 5, and Emily Garza, 7, were fatally shot at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, their family told the Dallas Morning News. Ward’s son, Ryland Ward, 5, was shot four times and underwent surgery Sunday. It is not known if he will survive. Another daughter, Rhianna Garza, was not shot.

Annabelle Renee Pomeroy, the 14-year-old daughter of Pastor Frank Pomeroy and his wife, Sherri Newman Pomeroy, was among those killed in the shooting at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, the pastor told ABC News.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/suthe...-shooting-victims-list-names-photos-pictures/

A couple who had been married for 25 years, Bryan and Karla Holcombe, were among those killed in the shooting.

Crystal Holcombe.... killed alongside her in-laws. Her husband survived.
8 months pregnant. 2 kids okay - awaiting word on 3 others.

Joann Ward, 30, and her daughters, Brooke Ward, 5, and Emily Garza, 7, were fatally shot at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, their family told the Dallas Morning News. Ward’s son, Ryland Ward, 5, was shot four times and underwent surgery Sunday. It is not known if he will survive. Another daughter, Rhianna Garza, was not shot.

Annabelle Renee Pomeroy, the 14-year-old daughter of Pastor Frank Pomeroy and his wife, Sherri Newman Pomeroy, was among those killed in the shooting at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, the pastor told ABC News.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/suthe...-shooting-victims-list-names-photos-pictures/

Families....:(

The man that was accused of killing his family was actually a man who lost his entire family, Chris Ward. Heavy.com ran the story, its a few posts down

I know, I'm the one who posted it. I think somebody should be paying all their expenses for naming him!

However it is appearing that THIS actual killer DPK likely killed his wife and her family in the church.
I'm sure it's an exhaustive process to notify relatives and positively ID people.
Especially if there is no one local left to make the identifications.
After this much time I can't imagine a relative not speaking out and saying they were okay if they were....

Oh the darkness of one's soul, who would and could do something like this...

Just a bit of information I came across regarding his relatively recent history. Kelley briefly lived in Colorado Springs, after his discharge from the AF, apparently.

"Kelley lived at a mobile home park in Colorado Springs as recently as November 2014, according to state voter records. He registered as an unaffiliated voter, but never cast a ballot in Colorado. He did not have a criminal record here, according to a Colorado Bureau of Investigation background check."

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/05/multiple-victims-texas-church-shooting/

Do we know if he was fired from the teaching postion??

kinda starting to wonder if we might be talking like something like they are sinners

or he is saving them

you know what i mean

or if he got fired then revenge?

there has to be something religious I would think no ??

kinda starting to wonder if we might be talking like something like they are sinners

or he is saving them

you know what i mean

or if he got fired then revenge?

there has to be something religious I would think no ??

I think it was just the time and place the people he was after would all be together.

Like sometimes workplace shootings are about the victims, not the job or the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur