TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier girlfirneds: MSNBC

one described him as very abusive, vile , very religious

another said she called cops on him once there was a 5 year age difference (but I did not catch which way) she described him as a child abuser and abusive

We will find a long list of RED FLAGS ignored by family, LE and judges. All of which were a cry for help. DV is not taken seriously enough.

Presser expected around 11:15. Per CNN

SO HOW DID HE GET THE GUNS? WHO GOT THEM FOR HIM???
Could he still buy them legally after being denied a right to carry permit? NO He knew he wasn't allowed to own a gun, but why didn't the people that sold them to him not know?

This is where the problem lies IMO

The US needs a data base like "no fly" and "registered sex offenders"!!!

"Kelley had applied for and been denied a right-to-carry permit from the state of Texas."

"It was after that that he was able to buy this gun ... so there's ongoing information that needs to be gathered,"

"Abbott said.Among the dead were Joe's 60-year-old son Bryan, who had been preaching at the church, his wife Carla, 58, and Joe's granddaughter-in-law, Crystal Holcombe, who was pregnant. Three of Crystal's children, Emily, Megan and Greg, were also killed. Crystal's unborn child also did not survive."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/t...alties-reported-texas-church-shooting-n817751

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have to interject here, on behalf of the dreaded atheists. Atheists are quite simply, NOT believers in any theology. LOL We prefer provable facts and scientific method, as opposed to rote learning and reliance on legend and oral histories. Nothing to be afraid of. Just as religious persons can be both kind and hateful and aggressive toward humans and other animals, so can atheists. We are all human, after all, with all of our warts. JMO

I agree with you here. I'm Catholic and I have agnostic and atheist friends. They are not any more likely to kill than my Christian or Jewish friends. IMO

SO HOW DID HE GET THE GUNS? WHO GIT THEM FIR HIM???
Could he still buy them legally after being denied a right to carry permit? NO He knew he wasn't allowed to own a gun, but why didn't the people that sold them to him not know?

This is where the problem lies IMO

The US needs a data base like "no fly" and "registered sex offenders"!!!

"Kelley had applied for and been denied a right-to-carry permit from the state of Texas."

"It was after that that he was able to buy this gun ... so there's ongoing information that needs to be gathered,"

"Abbott said.Among the dead were Joe's 60-year-old son Bryan, who had been preaching at the church, his wife Carla, 58, and Joe's granddaughter-in-law, Crystal Holcombe, who was pregnant. Three of Crystal's children, Emily, Megan and Greg, were also killed. Crystal's unborn child also did not survive."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/t...alties-reported-texas-church-shooting-n817751

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like maybe the gun shop owner should be in trouble. Am I misunderstanding?

@jemillerwbal
·Report: Texas shooter bought gun last yr from San Antonio outdoor store.

I agree with you here. I'm Catholic and I have agnostic and atheist friends. They are not any more likely to kill than my Christian or Jewish friends. IMO

Agree, but when anyone "changes" their beliefs and then rants about it on social media and calls the "other side" stupid, etc., it becomes alarming. The ranting is what is extreme, not the beliefs themselves.

delusional or paranoid schizophrenic?

the more tidbits -- there is def some very bizarre tid bits as it relates to religion for this guy.

The volunteering at the bible setting is concerning -- it is access to children, moo

Back about 50 yrs. ago, I read an article from a sociologist/psychologist's point of view which PREDICTED we were
going to be raising a whole generation of sociopaths due to the fact that parents were no longer actively involved in their children's lives.
The author used the term DAYCARE which most people hardly knew what daycare was in the 60's-70's. The author went on to predict that due to parent's being so caught up in making money, with both parents working outside the home, that young children were actually being raised by strangers in daycare who cared little about instilling good
values or moral codes on the little ones.

I've never forgotten that article because my children were young at the time and I had neighbors who had started to use
these new daycares for convenience and as full time babysitters.

Seems as though the author was pretty accurate in their predictions as so many of these mass shooters come from families where there was an absence of parental presence. I always gravitate to investigating the birth family dynamics
to get a hint on what happened to the child when all grown up.
JMO

AP
BREAKING: Sheriff tells CBS News: Investigators believe suspect in Texas church shooting suffered self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Pitiful. We've got to stop this race to report names before confirmation. The same thing happened in Charlottesville, where keyboard warriors identified some poor innocent kid who got harassed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. It's awful when the news reports on rumors as if they are facts. In cases that are not so high profile they might never get corrected in the press either. People should be more careful about reporting gossip as fact. Many people who don't carefully follow cases like us here might have heard the first name thrown out, assumed that was him and gone on assuming that. An innocent man who had most of his family taken by the shooter had his reputation tarnished because of this gossip. I'm sick over what this monster did to take so many innocent lives. It seems to rub salt in the wound to have town gossip and internet troll memes reported as fact in the media. :maddening::banghead:

Do we have any info yet on whether the shooter's family was in the church or if they are still alive? I have been hoping those rumors are not true.

Sorry folks but this just got too personal. I just learned who it was my friend was talking about. Even though I only saw her a couple of times I saw her face on my FB at least a couple of times a day. She has two young children who did pull through but she didn't make it. My friend is setting up a benefit for her family. This is completely unimaginable. She was so full of life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I am so sorry, Totesmagoat.
:grouphug:

Sounds to me like maybe the gun shop owner should be in trouble. Am I misunderstanding?

Have seen some gun owning Texans who claim that 'not giving the right oral answers when questioned by the gun seller'
is enough to be refused a gun sale in Texas. If seller has any doubt that buyer is 'off' in any way, the seller can deny the sale.

Also some former military guys have stated being ousted from USAF for ' Bad Behavior' is different from a Dishonorable discharge. Not the same at all.
MOO

his wife was a teacher at a church

his family w described as religious

i found an x gfriend of years ago describing him as very religious interesting

Just visually -- he started shooting AT the church on his walk up to it

that just has meaning for me

moo

About Half the Victims of Texas Church Shooting Were Children
by Mariana Atencio and Elizabeth Chuck

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas — About half of the victims killed in the worst mass shooting inside a house of worship in American history were children, a Texas sheriff said Monday.

About two dozen people were shot dead during the Sunday massacre at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, a small, tight-knit town about 30 miles outside of San Antonio. Of them, 12 to 14 were kids, according to Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt.

In addition to the dead, at least 19 people were injured, according to three area hospitals. The ages of the injured was not yet known...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/t...s-texas-church-shooting-were-children-n817896

I am not clear on this point. Did the shooter go to church, thinking or hoping his ex wife, son, and in-laws would be there? He could murder them as well as many other worshippers who he had considered were influential in his marriage woes.

My opinions only

I'm watching some YouTube video of this church. Such a tiny little church.

I know it's not brown nor is it in the southeast, but somehow I thought of this song featured in my very favorite Andy Griffith episode. Made me cry hearing it and thinking about what happened to this church which has also been so dear to so many:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcyRWlJHHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member