Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and it sounds like a very claustrophobic relationship.

I'm actually surprised they went to separate gyms....
Not necessarily claustrophobic. Not necessarily anything negative on the husband’s part. I was adding a thought or two to my original post as you replied so you didn’t see it, but I was making the point that I believe there was something in Alan’s recent behavior that must have given Rusty a reason for concern if Alan deviated from a planned schedule even by a little bit. It’s possible Rusty is a control freak, but my gut tells me this is about Alan, not the husband.

Not necessarily claustrophobic. Not necessarily anything negative on the husband’s part. I was adding a thought or two to my original post as you replied so you didn’t see it, but I was making the point that I believe there was something in Alan’s recent behavior that must have given Rusty a reason for concern if Alan deviated from a planned schedule even by a little bit. It’s possible Rusty is a control freak, but my gut tells me this is about Alan, not the husband.
I 100% agree with both of your posts.

Rusty speaks in the video at link below. Like you @Gumshoe Stories, I feel Rusty's concern was not based in micromanaging his husband. But a real fear that something had happened to Alan. That fear could be based on intimate knowledge of some type of risk Alan was taking, or a situational event where Rusty had concern for Alan's safety. That event could be related to his work or flipping homes, as others have opined.
'It’s a complete nightmare': Mom, partner of missing Dallas businessman plead for his safe return | wfaa.com

Hopefully we hear from LE on COD soon, so we can quit guessing on some of the details surrounding this case.

I 100% agree with both of your posts.

Rusty speaks in the video at link below. Like you @Gumshoe Stories, I feel Rusty's concern was not based in micromanaging his husband. But a real fear that something had happened to Alan. That fear could be based on intimate knowledge of some type of risk Alan was taking, or a situational event where Rusty had concern for Alan's safety. That event could be related to his work or flipping homes, as others have opined.
'It’s a complete nightmare': Mom, partner of missing Dallas businessman plead for his safe return | wfaa.com

Hopefully we hear from LE on COD soon, so we can quit guessing on some of the details surrounding this case.

Is this the home they are being interviewed at? (Based on appearance in background of video)
5331 Livingston Ave, Dallas, TX 75209 | MLS #14493701 | Zillow

To clarify the question was this Alan’s home at the time he went missing?

Is this the home they are being interviewed at? (Based on appearance in background of video)
5331 Livingston Ave, Dallas, TX 75209 | MLS #14493701 | Zillow

To clarify the question was this Alan’s home at the time he went missing?
Pretty sure that was the White/Jenkins home at the time of Mr. White's disappearance, and is where Mr. White's husband was interviewed by media last fall. The gorgeous home sold in around March for like $1.83MM, meaning as a flip it may well have been a success. Kinda weird looking at the still-online listing pics, especially the walk-in closet...

Last edited:
This article contains a good video, which shows the location of the car as described by Dallas PD Det. Eric Barnes, back in December 2020. Walking, it is almost a straight shot to the location of the body (see map).

Note the emphasis on known:
“This vacant lot is a very secluded area, and it’s known by the people in Highland Hills and it’s known by the Dallas Police Department,” Barnes said.

Police said the vehicle was parked between two sections of bushes, and the keys were inside.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 72
This article contains a good video, which shows the location of the car as described by Dallas PD Det. Eric Barnes, back in December 2020. Walking, it is almost a straight shot to the location of the body (see map).

“This vacant lot is a very secluded area, and it’s known by the people in Highland Hills and it’s known by the Dallas Police Department,” Barnes said.

Police said the vehicle was parked between two sections of bushes, and the keys were inside.
Had I, driving a stolen car, just dumped a body at the secluded terminus of Bishop College Drive, my objectives would be to a) get the car away from the immediate vicinity of the body so the body wouldn't quickly be found and b) get away from the stolen vehicle ASAP. The Kitty St. dump site met both objectives.

Pretty sure that was the White/Jenkins home at the time of Mr. White's disappearance, and is where Rusty was interviewed by media last fall. The gorgeous home sold in around March for like $1.83MM, meaning as a flip it may well have been a success. Kinda weird looking at the still-online listing pics, especially the walk-in closet...

The closet with the level of clothing led to my question of it being where he lived. If that was his primary residence, and given it sold, it would seem all the personal belongings were removed. I say “seem” because there could be a situation where a home is sold but the seller stays in it, so I don’t want to state it as fact the belongings are no longer there.
If the personal belongings were removed, I wonder where all his belongings went while he was still recently missing :(. If Mr. White met an unexpected death, I hope LE was able to review his belongings before they may have been disturbed and stored some where in case they held any clues.

The closet with the level of clothing led to my question of it being where he lived. If that was his primary residence, and given it sold, it would seem all the personal belongings were removed. I say “seem” because there could be a situation where a home is sold but the seller stays in it, so I don’t want to state it as fact the belongings are no longer there.
If the personal belongings were removed, I wonder where all his belongings went while he was still recently missing :(. If Mr. White met an unexpected death, I hope LE was able to review his belongings before they may have been disturbed and stored some where in case they held any clues.
I'd be surprised if LE did not ask to have a look around the house last fall after Mr. White had gone missing and been declared endangered and also ask to interview Mr. White's husband.

<modsnip>

Also, while his body was found at block 5500 (Bishop College Drive), it seems impossible that that is where he/they entered the wooded area. Check it out on Google Maps, that's a dead-end right next to the house at 5500, and the bushes look extremely dense.

No, I believe he/they entered the wooded area at the head of Highland Woods Drive, where there is a big, open lawn. Then he/they went through a denser area to get to the next field, surrounded by trees, right behind 5500.

I drew the possible walking route in red.

nVlx0GO.png

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

Also, while his body was found at block 5500 (Bishop College Drive), it seems impossible that that is where he/they entered the wooded area. Check it out on Google Maps, that's a dead-end right next to the house at 5500, and the bushes look extremely dense.

No, I believe he/they entered the wooded area at the head of Highland Woods Drive, where there is a big, open lawn. Then he/they went through a denser area to get to the next field, surrounded by trees, right behind 5500.

I drew the possible walking route in red.

nVlx0GO.png
I initially thought that route through the park was probable, in a rendezvous scenario, but the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe killer (if there is one) knew the 'hood, knew of the convenient secluded, wooded dump site at terminus of Bishop College Drive and knew of the nearby vacant lot off Kitty Lane known as an illegal dumping site. After all, in rendezvous scenario, not at all necessary to hike to the far corner of the park, at around say 6:30am (paid for gas 15 miles away at 6:01am), especially when pressed for time due to fast approaching 7am scheduled meeting. That woods looks gnarly, but not impenetrable. The surveyors got into it, so a killer could too...
5500bcd-png.297567

Attachments

• 5500BCD.png
    5500BCD.png
    1 MB · Views: 786
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree with you there, @itsrak — I just find it hard to imagine anyone would dump a body (very hard on your own!) in daylight at the very dead end of a road, next to a house, with nothing but dense bushes to get through.

Edit: Of course, all of the above rests on the notion that Alan was killed on that very morning, and his body was dumped immediately after.

I am surprised that LE hasn't disclosed when and where his cell phone last pinged.

Yes, I agree with you there, @itsrak — I just find it hard to imagine anyone would dump a body (very hard on your own!) in daylight at the very dead end of a road, next to a house, with nothing but dense bushes to get through.

I am surprised that LE hasn't disclosed when and where his cell phone last pinged.
They wouldn’t disclose that info if it is guilty evidence that only the killer would know.

Makes sense, @Gumshoe Stories

After "walking" in Google Street View from the lot at Kitty Street to block 5500 on Bishop College Drive, I abandon the notion of Alan voluntarily parking his car and walking a good 15-20 minutes through a shabby part of town with no sidewalks.
  • With that, I also withdraw my theory that he went there to take his own life. It just doesn't make any sense, especially after I virtually walked that route.
  • Carjacking: Out of the question, imho — Time of day and the narrow window of opportunity make that very unlikely.
With those options out of the way, I can only speculate that he met someone in the near vicinity. The nature of that meetup could be transactional, amorous or sexual, or even to check up on a quick renovation project.

I doubt it's the latter, that would be just a tad too early. 7:30, sure. Early risers, especially in the construction business. But meeting for a quick talk or inspection at, say, 6:15? Less likely.

The stalling at RT and Churchs is something I would do if I was arranging a meetup. You exchange some details/expectations, swap pics if need be, an address to drive to, and off you go. It is there were Alan met his end. Later that day, or maybe at night, his remains were dumped at the wooded area, his car left somewhere else, with the keys inside, hoping someone would take it off their hands.

All speculation and MOO.

I didn't realize that the "lot" was that secluded -- there's nothing there but trees, bushes and dirt. This makes it seem more like a targeted hit to me. Where did the killer go after leaving AW's car? JMO.

To me, it doesn't make sense either way. But yet it happened for some reason.
If it was suicide, why pick that location and that walk to the final location?
If it was a car jacking, a hit, any kind of meeting gone bad - why leave the car and body in such close proximity?

Stalling and looking at his phone could be simply related to the upcoming conference call. Maybe he was reading emails that came in overnight or pre-reads that he was going to wrap his thoughts around during the remainder of his time driving. Given his industry, maybe a news alert caught his attention and he wanted to quickly get up to speed on something industry related from his phone.
Stalling while checking his phone doesn’t necessarily mean it was related to something out of the ordinary. JMO

I didn't realize that the "lot" was that secluded -- there's nothing there but trees, bushes and dirt. This makes it seem more like a targeted hit to me. Where did the killer go after leaving AW's car? JMO.
Perhaps he walked the short distance to his apartment unit in the Mountain Creek Apartments, directly across the street from where the Macan was found. Or in 1 of the 2 other nearby complexes...

Last edited:
Stalling and looking at his phone could be simply related to the upcoming conference call. Maybe he was reading emails that came in overnight or pre-reads that he was going to wrap his thoughts around during the remainder of his time driving. Given his industry, maybe a news alert caught his attention and he wanted to quickly get up to speed on something industry related from his phone.
Stalling while checking his phone doesn’t necessarily mean it was related to something out of the ordinary. JMO
Yeah, the lingering and phone use may have been nothing, but given that Mr. White permanently disappeared at right about that time, a linkage would seem quite possible, and it would seem quite possible that if Mr. White was killed, he was in those last moments communicating with the individual who soon became his killer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214