TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have two thoughts here. I think it is easy to say, "why doesn't someone speak". I would guess it is possible that there is not a single reporter asking. I am finding that news reporters, tv stations, etc. simply do not follow through w/ cases or do any investigative journalism. It has to become someone's "pet project" to follow through with these cases. We need more of it and not just from the big guys, Dateline, etc. That is just my 2 cents after recently emailing numerous reporters and asking for them to cover a story. Justin Lum and Nate Eaton need to be cloned across the country. These two guys stepped up and covered one heck of a case in the Daybell case, but they seem to be one in a million.

Secondly, IF there is not a suspect. I would like to see the police use the Berla technology I have mentioned before. I don't know why this is not done in more cases like this. There is a car that has data. It will show where the car was, what speed it was going, where it stopped etc. The perp or perps could even be identified possibly by their phone that may have connected to the car.

I want to have hope that Dallas PD has more. But with the number of crimes in Dallas, my fear is that they do not, but that there is simply a HUGE backlog.

Thinking of Alan..

I usually just lurk but I had a thought on this case after watching an episode of In Pursuit with John Walsh the other day about a guy named Edgardo Perez and a crime involving him from 2001. He has never been caught as far as I can tell and some of the circumstances surrounding that 2001 crime and Alan's case seem similar enough that watching the show made Alan's case pop in my head! Now, I assume I'm probably not the first to think that but as the cases were in different jurisdictions, maybe not? Perez was only 19 in 2001 so he would only be 40ish now and plenty young enough to still be up to his tricks.
My apologies if this has already come up and I just missed it. I've followed this thread pretty well but I can't swear I haven't missed chunks of time throughout the thread.
Anyway, just a thought from some dork in Maryland! It just struck me so that I wondered what others would think or if maybe this guy was already looked into or considered as a possible link to Alan.

Also,, after the 2001 crime, Perez apparently fled to Mexico and used the victim's credit cards. If Perez has been maybe hiding out in Mexico all this time, of course Texas (Alan) wouldn't have been so far away. The 2001 case was in Farmington Hills, MI but the possible link from there to Mexico and then Mexico/Texas just made it seem not so far-fetched. Maybe he wanted the car and ditched it when the heat was on. Maybe he THOUGHT Alan would have money and/or credit cards but did not. Not sure on that part but just some of the other surrounding circumstances seemed so similar.

Thanks so much for the welcome. In all the years I've been lurking, I never felt so compelled to say something for fear of feeling stupid, and though it probably has nothing to do with anything, like I always say, "you just never know!" You know? :)

I usually just lurk but I had a thought on this case after watching an episode of In Pursuit with John Walsh the other day about a guy named Edgardo Perez and a crime involving him from 2001. He has never been caught as far as I can tell and some of the circumstances surrounding that 2001 crime and Alan's case seem similar enough that watching the show made Alan's case pop in my head! Now, I assume I'm probably not the first to think that but as the cases were in different jurisdictions, maybe not? Perez was only 19 in 2001 so he would only be 40ish now and plenty young enough to still be up to his tricks.
My apologies if this has already come up and I just missed it. I've followed this thread pretty well but I can't swear I haven't missed chunks of time throughout the thread.
Anyway, just a thought from some dork in Maryland! It just struck me so that I wondered what others would think or if maybe this guy was already looked into or considered as a possible link to Alan.
Glad you posted! Welcome! I really appreciate when people are able to reference cases and compare. I hadn’t heard of this one and quickly looked it up.

They've had his phone nearly a year, his remains over 4 months, yet still no COD, no POI.

Was Alan White killed by someone who knew him, was he killed by a stranger, or did he kill himself? I'd think his phone records and data have likely answered that question by now.

Last edited:
Over 4 months and still no COD.
Was Alan White killed by someone who knew him, was he killed by a stranger, or did he kill himself? I'd think his phone records and data have likely answered that question by now.

I agree... one would think there are some answers by now. Interesting, as here we are, strangers to Alan remaining very concerned as to what and who caused his death. I hope his loved ones are not still in the realm of unknowns.

They've had his phone nearly a year, his remains over 4 months, yet still no COD, no POI.

I just drove by the gas station where he was last scene and it made me think of Alan. I still can’t believe nothing has been announced. It’s so bizarre.

I don’t like to go down into that area to eat after hours anymore, I don’t really feel comfortable anytime down there. I live in Far North Dallas and the seeming lack of movement on his case makes me feel unprotected and nervous when I’ve gone down there. I feel so badly for Alan’s family.

Alright, was just redirected and submitted a FOIA request to the Medical Examiner's Office. Should hear back in...39 days :confused:.
upload_2021-9-20_13-34-23.png
I believe if part of an active investigation, they are not by law required to share the report. Hopefully if that's all they have to say to me, they won't charge my credit card :p

had to pay $25 for a 'value pack' of 4 requests

A "value pack" of 4 FOIA requests :eek:
(Maybe a good idea for PIs or investigative reporters?)

This is an example of a case where we are left to wonder, what would his relatives want at this point? It makes me uneasy. Yet if this was a homicide (IMO it was), he really does deserve justice.

Alright, was just redirected and submitted a FOIA request to the Medical Examiner's Office. Should hear back in...39 days :confused:.
View attachment 313613
I believe if part of an active investigation, they are not by law required to share the report. Hopefully if that's all they have to say to me, they won't charge my credit card :p

If you get a response on the FOIA request in 39 days that would make it just about on the anniversary of the original event. Sure hope that you get some information and share it with us.

<snipped>

This is an example of a case where we are left to wonder, what would his relatives want at this point? It makes me uneasy. Yet if this was a homicide (IMO it was), he really does deserve justice.

I agree that what Alan’s family wants matters. It matters a lot. But we, the public, deserve justice too! We deserve to live in a community where crimes are properly investigated and then prosecuted. And if for some reason the crime cannot be, we deserve to know the whats, whys and wherefores, to a respectful point of course. If he was murdered, someone needs to be in jail for the crime so I’m not accidentally pumping gas next to them some morning!! And if he died for some other reason, well, then say so and the people who live around here will have one crime less to worry about.

I think the family knows what happened and aren't talking about it. About the time the car was found, everything went silent from those closest to him. We only later learned that the phone was found with the car and my bet is that uncovered some details that changed them from being vocal to being mostly silent. Only the brother has spoken out since.
This makes me suspect self harm, though it is odd why there hasn't been a "foul play is not suspected" announcement from the police.
The only other thing I could think of is Alan was murdered but there is something "embarrassing" about the crime that has resulted in family silence.

I think the family knows what happened and aren't talking about it. About the time the car was found, everything went silent from those closest to him. We only later learned that the phone was found with the car and my bet is that uncovered some details that changed them from being vocal to being mostly silent. Only the brother has spoken out since.
This makes me suspect self harm, though it is odd why there hasn't been a "foul play is not suspected" announcement from the police.
The only other thing I could think of is Alan was murdered but there is something "embarrassing" about the crime that has resulted in family silence.
On the other hand, shortly after the remains were found, which was long after the phone was recovered, Mr. Whites's brother expressed his belief that his brother's body had been dumped by a killer. That argues against embarrassment-induced silence, no?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back