GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 years old and she has dental records to compare the ME dental records to? My children (5&3) go every 6 months for cleaning. They've never had X-rays done.

I started taking mine very very young, as he had 6 teeth at three months of age. By one he had a mouthful. He too went for regular checkups and cleanings... Never had an X-ray until he was like 10 years old and that was because of a tooth injury.

5 years old and she has dental records to compare the ME dental records to? My children (5&3) go every 6 months for cleaning. They've never had X-rays done.

My 6 year old has had xrays a couple of times over the past year or so. Her adult teeth were coming in and not pushing out baby teeth and causing all kinds of problems. I had to take her to an orthodontist at 5 years old.

Not a usual situation but I guess there are other kids out there with x-rays.

domingo ramirez jr. ‏@mingoramirezjr 1m
Saginaw 911: Caller says kids had opened bag and found body of a little girl Monday evening. Body was in black trash bag.

I have to admit, I am overly protective to what I believe is a fault of mine. I need to work on it. I think what is important is teaching our children safety. There are roughly 100 stranger abduction that fall in the category of Jessica Ridgeway for example. Being on WS's I am overly paranoid. Chances of harm coming to a child are much greater from accidents, family abuse, abuse by known individuals, etc. I don't believe in living in fear but I don't always practice it. I don't think that it is anymore dangerous now than when I grew up. It just wasn't talked and reported about back then. Neighbors did a lot to watch out for each others children more so, than they do today.

If a pedophile wants to get their hands on a child they will do so regardless of how protective or cautious parents are.

I totally agree with most of what you say. The kids in our neighborhood are in more danger of being run over by the ice cream truck than of being snatched by a killer. It's possible, of course, and I don't mean to say that it's not. But you can't live just waiting for the next bad thing that might possibly happen. If a person is afraid of everything, it blunts their ability to see real danger.

And depending on where she was and how she was taken, it might be that there was nothing anybody could have done. Was it Micaela Garecht who was snatched while her friend stood there screaming?

my dental insurance won't pay for anything unless annual xrays are done (my kids are 6 and 7 and have gone through this since 2 years of age)

I think my youngest was 4 when he started, for the same reason.

Why does that bother you? I can understand why someone might not.. although ironically she's how I found out last night who and where the girl was from.
I'm going to be wary of neighbour comments at this point.. opinions may be coloured if they didn't approve of the lifestyle.

I thought that it was interesting the neighbor would be free to talk,about someone who was not able to defend him/herself...

but still requested anonymity on his/her own part...

It is just how I feel...

I have most of that stuff in my car. We camp. We hike. The tarp's for hanging over picnic tables or for spreading out to catch the mud and junk. Shake it out, fold it back up, it's ready to go. Duct tape and electrical tape for repairs. Plastic bags for wet clothes and junk (I carried more a few years back when it was a question of kids' swimwear, t-shirts puked upon, etc.). We used to have red and yellow tape back when the kids were in soccer, for making quick field markings during practice.

I don't normally carry ID and stuff in the car, but I know people who keep it in the console. It's also pretty common among hikers etc. to leave ID locked in the car when they leave because things like that are more likely to be lost on the hike than to be stolen from the car.

Hm. There's a length of chain I have no idea where came from, and large butcher knife, back there, too. I had it for opening packages at Christmas and forgot to bring it back in the house. I'd better hope nobody gets stabbed to death in my neighborhood or I'm seriously in trouble.

I have plastic tablecloths, tow-rope and BIG bricks in the back of mine (left over from work, and I'm too lazy to pull them out because they're so heavy). Also duct tape, weird pieces of metal, paper towels, baby wipes, etc Yikes!! FWIW - I work in an outdoor setting, and you never know what you're going to need for a quickie repair.....I really don't think the family had anything to do with this, although someone may have known those thing were in the car.

Is it ok to post the homeowner's names? I know the names but can't swear if they are the parents or possibly grandparents since I don't recall the parents names.

I imagine we need to wait until the names are reported on MSM...

JMO

I'm beginning to think the red truck may not be involved in this. No one SAW the truck stop there or drop the baby out :( . It seems it was only ' in the area' and if it was driving fast or had loud music or just the green splatter would make people go WOW look at that truck ! So it's possible it's not related. Of course I would think by now an innocent owner of that red truck, knowing it is being sought, would come forward and say here's my truck, I have nothing to do with this......possibly.

Fantastic point.

Is the red truck a red herring?

I live near the area and it is a very nice, "safe" area. I have friends that live in Saginaw. One on the same street where this happened and one very close to where she was found.

That said, I would never allow a 6 year old to play all day unsupervised. I think the other neighbors also let their children play out, but checked on them regularly and had rules in place. Sounds like Alanna's parents did not check on her much at all. I know something can happen in a flash, so it could have happened to one of the other children as well....which makes me wonder if the perp knew that Alanna's parents did not check on her. ??

And thank god my friends that live on Babbling Brook are away on vacation right now.

Someone asked how long school has been out....I don't remember the precise date, but it's been out for about a month or so.

Also, leaving her on the street is odd and makes me think the perp wanted her found. And even then, it's odd because it was still daylight out....god how I wish someone had seen! There are fields not far at all from where she was placed and 3 area lakes nearby.

I pray they find whoever did this and fast!

I'm thinking she fell out of the bed of a truck (flatbed or tailgate down or missing tailgage) as the driver turned the corner from Roundrock Dr onto Cindy Lane. Looking at google maps compared to photos of the scene, it looks like she was actually on Roundrock Drive, straight across from the fire hydrant and there just happens to be a pickup with the tailgate down in this image...although not red, it does show that people do drive with the tailgate down.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=&laye...&sa=X&ei=2lPUUfEQg5CtAfbLgZgO&ved=0CCsQxB0wAA

Rotated photo to match map

I have most of that stuff in my car. We camp. We hike. The tarp's for hanging over picnic tables or for spreading out to catch the mud and junk. Shake it out, fold it back up, it's ready to go. Duct tape and electrical tape for repairs. Plastic bags for wet clothes and junk (I carried more a few years back when it was a question of kids' swimwear, t-shirts puked upon, etc.). We used to have red and yellow tape back when the kids were in soccer, for making quick field markings during practice.

I don't normally carry ID and stuff in the car, but I know people who keep it in the console. It's also pretty common among hikers etc. to leave ID locked in the car when they leave because things like that are more likely to be lost on the hike than to be stolen from the car.

Hm. There's a length of chain I have no idea where came from, and large butcher knife, back there, too. I had it for opening packages at Christmas and forgot to bring it back in the house. I'd better hope nobody gets stabbed to death in my neighborhood or I'm seriously in trouble.

Hmmm... so where exactly WERE you on Monday, July 1st... Hmmm? :websleuther:

:giggle: J/K

Answers in red.

Great answers. Are there searches going on right now for things like clothes etc.?

I know LE cleared the recovery scene at 3 a.m. (apx. 8 hours later) and the 600 Block of Babbling Brook Road after 22 hours. So, LE has definitely been doing evidence searches.

It's not good enough that the parents say it is the child?

It does make me wonder if she could not be identified any other way.

Are we allowed to wonder where the oldest child is?

I'm thinking she fell out of the bed of a truck (flatbed or tailgate down or missing tailgage) as the driver turned the corner from Roundrock Dr onto Cindy Lane. Looking at google maps compared to photos of the scene, it looks like she was actually on Roundrock Drive, straight across from the fire hydrant and there just happens to be a pickup with the tailgate down in this image...although not red, it does show that people do drive with the tailgate down.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=&laye...&sa=X&ei=2lPUUfEQg5CtAfbLgZgO&ved=0CCsQxB0wAA

Rotated photo to match map

BBM: They certainly do drive with the tailgate down, usually if their load is too long, if it accidentally comes open due to a faulty latch or if not closed to begin with. I have done all 3, certainly not uncommon. Great pics.

I think it was posted earlier, that the other children are staying with friends.

The two older children are staying with family while the parents deal with the police. It's in a link but IDK which.

ETA,,, friends? family? Idk which but not in custody of CPS and not at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz