GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the family's alternative situation, I bet they kept to themselves more than some . ;) But I find it encouraging they let the kids go out and play with other kids.

Ok I've missed something...alternative situation??? Help please...can someone explain. Thanks

Sorry to quote myself, but this is really bothering me.
If she didn't go home for dinner, why wait until 9:15 to look for her?
I'd be freaking out by 5:00.
If she did go home for dinner, then outside again- we're looking at a very small window of time until she was found.

<modsnip>

Again this is just what I see and I can not comment on this family, but kids that are out all day long often do not eat supper. They'll go in to use the bathroom and then grab something, and bring it out. Nobody seen them take it. Nobody knows if they ate or not. You're on your own.

Example yesterday I look out and see a approximately six year old boy with his two little sisters in the rain. These are babies. Not even toddlers hardly. One in pullups. One in a bathing suit and she is maybe one year old. The brother sists them on the steps and tucks wet towels around them. Then just like a grown man he bends down and gives them Pop Tarts. How long is this gonna go on? I put my sandals on and by then my neighbor is on their step knocking. Mom took a long time let me tell you.

What I find a little strange, that none of the neighbors seem to know or be friendly with her family. One would hope at least they trusted and were friendly with neighbors to allow her to freely roam.
In my neighborhood there are tons of children that roam and every summer a few are "missing for a bit" As soon as that happens, LE is called and every neighbor starts looking. Only once was a child missing for more than an hour that I'm aware of. Our town has some sort of auto dialer that calls every house with description. Which is very cool... But they tend not to update when the child is found.
Isn't it odd that after dad was knocking on doors... More neighbors didn't help him search??? I find that very odd!

One neighbor spoke very highly of the dad. Said he was a great guy, smart, with a good sense of humor. I believe that was the same neighbor he was talking with just before he reported Alanna missing to the LEO's who had stopped their cars near his house.

Again this is just what I see and I can not comment on this family, but kids that are out all day long often do not eat supper. They'll go in to use the bathroom and then grab something, and bring it out. Nobody seen them take it. Nobody knows if they ate or not. You're on your own.

Example yesterday I look out and see a approximately six year old boy with his two little sisters in the rain. These are babies. Not even toddlers hardly. One in pullups. One in a bathing suit and she is maybe one year old. The brother sists them on the steps and tucks wet towels around them. Then just like a grown man he bends down and gives them Pop Tarts. How long is this gonna go on? I put my sandals on and by then my neighbor is on their step knocking. Mom took a long time let me tell you.

Filly, you and your neighbors are gonna save some childs life someday! What a great group!

I would have called the police. JMO

Sorry to quote myself, but this is really bothering me.
If she didn't go home for dinner, why wait until 9:15 to look for her?
I'd be freaking out by 5:00.
If she did go home for dinner, then outside again- we're looking at a very small window of time until she was found.

<modsnip>

I believe there were reports of the dad going door-to-door looking for her at 8:00 p.m....

but I do not know the actual time he started looking for her...

JMO

Sorry. I'm confused though. Thought we could paraphrase but not link social media.

When social media is allowed, we can paraphrase, but must always include a link. In this case, however, the parents aren't open to sleuthing. The rule of thumb for personal social media pages is victims and suspects, not their family and friends. If there's a group page, such as a "missing" FB page, then we can paraphrase and link. Usually.

I think they waited for her to come home and when she didn't , dad? went out looking for her himself for a bit, checking with neighbors and where she normally was and it was probably 9:15 before he said Ok I'm not going to find her, this is getting late and getting serious, call the police. It's still a tad daylight at that time here or possibly just a few minutes after dark. I would think at dark would be when they realized she should have come home for sure by now ! mooo of course

IIRC... While dad was looking... LE drove by him... dad reported it to that LE... Then he got into the patrol car... And they went back to his house...

:please: I hope the autopsy helps figure out who did what and when !

I would have called the police. JMO

So would I except I am the sole caregiver of my elderly mother. Absolutely a brick would come through my window. Last thing my mom would need.

The young woman that banged on the door has a new baby. She doesn't need a fight either. Obviously it sounds crazy, but it's easier for everyone to just watch out for all the kids.

Oh and plus I live in Philadelphia. We have a fabulous PD, but it can take quite some time to get here. Services have been involved as well. That was another neighbor a bit ago.

So would I except I am the sole caregiver of my elderly mother. Absolutely a brick would come through my window. Last thing my mom would need.

The young woman that banged on the door has a new baby. She doesn't need a fight either. Obviously it sounds crazy, but it's easier for everyone to just watch out for all the kids.

Oh and plus I live in Philadelphia. We have a fabulous PD, but it can take quite some time to get here. Services have been involved as well. That was another neighbor a bit ago.

It takes a village, eh ?

Filly, you and your neighbors are gonna save some childs life someday! What a great group!

Naw, we're home so we can. It's like that. I actually worry more about the older kids.

Oh trust me I yell at kids too. (smile)

It takes a village, eh ?

Indeed minus something getting thrown through my window or the "dad" beating my sorry tail. You just know those cops would come here first to get a report.

FWIW seems more adults home means less supervision. Here anyway.

I think the "2:00" last sighting was from a neighbor not parents. I read dad was out at 8. I don't find that odd or negligent. Still daytime sun at that time. Our family eats around 730 in summer after kids have played. From everything I've seen these are good parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about my earlier post that was deleted. I was mistaken about what could be posted. Let me just say that with everything I have seen and read, I do not believe the parents did this. I believe there is a predator, possibly someone from the neighborhood, and I hope he is found soon. Today. God, this is awful.

Sorry about my earlier post that was deleted. I was mistaken about what could be posted. Let me just say that with everything I have seen and read, I do not believe the parents did this. I believe there is a predator, possibly someone from the neighborhood, and I hope he is found soon. Today. God, this is awful.

I agree. I do not at all believe the primary parents, at least, have anything to do with this child's demise.

I don't think it's unusual that the parents took a long time to call 911. If you let your 6-year-old run around alone in the neighborhood, you probably don't think they will ever be kidnapped. So when Alanna didn't come home at a certain time, her parents weren't going to freak out, call 911, immediately because they thought someone had snatched her. There was also a quote by Alanna's parent, when they were looking for her, they said "She always does this" I took that to mean not coming back by a certain time b/c she's at someone's house was normal for Alanna. Also, as for not being back by dinner, perhaps this isn't a family that eats around the table at a certain time, but more like "Just eat when you're hungry"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy