GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. The only thing that actually gives me pause is the 4 laptops. I could see two--one for mom, on for TH.

Three phones--two people live in the house. One might not be activated. Could be old-or the last phone one of them used before replacing it. When we get new phones, only about 25% of the time are they still 'new enough/nice enough' for my hubby to resell it on eBay. The rest, we have kept as 'spares' in case one of our newer phones dies/is broken/is lost before we can get our 'new every two' free phone.

Three cameras....maybe seems like one too many. We have two. Our newest one. And the one it replaced. Which mostly sucks, but is probably not worth selling, but.... (I swear we're not hoarders, but it's hard to make yourself throw away a 'not dead' electronic that may have at one time cost a minimum of $100!) :scared:

Blackberry may be retired/not active and was just one of their old phones. That would be 4 phones for two people. 2 active/two retired.

And as the mother of a 15 year old (and the wife of 40 something man who was the driving force behind WHY exactly our boy needed each new device as they came out :pullhair: ....) I am ashamed to admit we have: a very actively used xBox, a dusty ps2, two long forgotten Gameboys (one boy/one girl), and a Game cube somewhere with cobwebs. I think there's a misguided belief that if we hang onto the Gamecube long enough, it will be a collectors item. :sigh:

You can (and we have!) buy a lot of these systems second hand for a lot cheaper than they are when they first come out.

So, to conclude .... 4 laptops and the 3 cameras for two people are the only items that personally give me pause. And more pause on the laptops than the cameras. :twocents: and MOO!

Between my husband, son and myself ... We all have a good SLR Nikon with lenses cases etc...they were gifts from my parents one Christmas. I have two small Kodak easy share cameras that take great pics and are super tiny. Great when you don't feel like lugging a camera bag, my son has an Olympus for the sane reason, my husband has a small cannon. I also have an old Minolta film camera and a Pentax film camera somewhere.
We all like to take photos.

Here is what I can't figure. The police had already talked to him once. Been in the house. AND still how many days later look at all they found. At some point don't you think someone would have thought "oh chit, maybe we better clean up. Toss some of the used condoms, maybe get rid of the bloody paper towels." I mean come on ! LE has been there once already, got a dna sample, don't you think at that point mom would get a little curious and start looking around the house? Something is wayyyyyyyyy off. Something besides the obvious. ;)

I don't think this is all that unusual. I'm sitting in a room right now with 3 desk top and 2 laptop computers, each of my three kids has an ipad and an ipod touch. My 6 year old daughter has 2 ipod touches.

They are all old ones that my husband and I have handed down to them. All three of them also own a Nintendo DS, and we have a few plug and play games, and the boys bought a Play Station 2 with their allowance off of eBay.

ETA: we home school, and I use the devices for educational purposes, but they get used for fun too.

My kids are not homeschooled but in our district we have 'BYLD'--bring your own learning device. It's not a requirement, but actually permission to bring a device (smart phone/ipad/laptop) you can use to access school internet while at school. There are only so many computers to each classroom so they've started this in the last few years and it's been working really well.

Now I didn't get the impression TH was actively going to high school...

Homeschool here as well. My son has a lot of electronics, gaming systems, laptops, iPads, iPhone, iPods and a good camera or two. Most of that is because he's an only child, a good kid, educational reasons and a few he actually bought himself.

Edited to add.... He's the only one in the house that has never lost or ruined a cell phone....and he's had one since he was like 9 yrs old.

We homeschool, as well. We also have a lot of devices. Not to mention, a pretty crazy amount of photography equipment. My husband is a designer, so he has additional computer equipment in the mix.

All 3 warrants I read had that statement in them.

You are right!

I was too anxious to get to the actual list of evidence in the first two warrants to notice.

Obviously, we will not know what is on his phone and electronics until they go through them all. If we find out at all?

Although TH had plenty of opportunity without it, the family did own at least one adorable little dog. I saw video of it being seized by animal control. I still wonder why they took the dog. TH may have lured Alanna inside to pet the dog or give it a treat without any visible abduction from outside.

Just catching up so this has probably already been discussed.

But I think animal control took all the dogs from the home because:
1) LE needed them out of the way for their search.
2) They needed to be cared for. I don't think anyone was allowed in that house (besides LE) until they were done with the search and turned it back over to KH.
MOO

I think it's reasonable to "speculate" that a 17 year old unemployed drug user with all the time in the world on his hands "may" be committing acts of theft to support his habit. The odd things found in his room along with items that were in another persons name also make me question if he was stealing out of cars or homes. He was known to bully and vandalize and IMO it would be likely that part of the MO of this type would be committing acts of theft as well. Maybe we will hear more in the future on this subject. Like I said before, it would be interesting to see how many reports of theft there are from homes or vehicles in the neighborhood. If he was never caught though, it would still just be considered speculation until it is otherwise noted as fact.

Here is what I can't figure. The police had already talked to him once. Been in the house. AND still how many days later look at all they found. At some point don't you think someone would have thought "oh chit, maybe we better clean up. Toss some of the used condoms, maybe get rid of the bloody paper towels." I mean come on ! LE has been there once already, got a dna sample, don't you think at that point mom would get a little curious and start looking around the house? Something is wayyyyyyyyy off. Something besides the obvious. ;)

Well, clearly Mom is no Cindy Anthony. :sweep:

I'm wondering if (rightful) extreme paranoia set in for TH. "If I put this stuff in the garbage at the curb, the police might go through it. I could put this stuff in my car to dump somewhere else, but the police might follow me..." But he did put some incriminating stuff at the curb. So....

It could just really be that he really is that dim (Which was the case with Ryan Brunn) and that his mom really made herself purposefully clueless (before and after) in order to deal with the hand she was dealt--responsibility over raising a seriously screwed up kid.

I mean, hate to beat a dead horse, but look at Cindy Anthony. She clung onto whatever CA told her if it meant she could believe Caylee was alive and her daughter wasn't a monster. IDK....

Alanna was last seen around 2:30 PM by the family who lived between her house and Holder's house. I think after the family left, Alanna either knocked on Holder's door or he came outside and lured her. I don't think he grabbed her kicking and screaming, and I think if Holder did come outside, the abduction took place very close to his house. That probably explains why no one saw anything, because I don't think Alanna was outside very long after her friend's family left. I can honestly picture Holder watching through the window, and then coming outside as soon as their car drives away.

I'm a few pages behind so forgive this late response.

I also believe that Alanna may have known a few short cuts to get to other neighbors homes. One may have been through Holder's yard to get to a neighbor's home that she often went to, back on Crystal Brook Drive.

There was a yellow chair in Holder's yard that Alanna could have used to hop the fence landing her next door to the "Trick or Treating" friends Could have cut through the yard and been right out front of their house in minutes.

Just a thought. Holder could have lured her any number of ways. This was just a little scenario that's been playing out in my head.

What's with the kitchen chair ? On the evidence seized list.

What's with the kitchen chair ? On the evidence seized list.

I imagine they took it because it is something they think may have been used when he committed the crime. I don't want to go any deeper with my thoughts on this.

Has anyone found a link to a MSM article about Tyler starting the neighborhood watch program?

Here are some random observations regarding list of items/evidence taken from TH's home... (Outside the obvious OMG items discussed so far...)

(Per Danadan08's list page 38 - Post 948)

#32 - I wonder what the "Silver Flake" refers to?

#34 - Orange Journal - If this is TH's... I can imagine drawings/writings giving insight into his thought processes

#95 - Order Establishing Parent/Child Relationship... I am still wondering who these refer to, and where in the home the order was found... Was TH holding on to it for a specific reason?

#122 - Gr/Black Composition Notebook w/numbers w/possible mail address...
I imagine some of TH friends/acquaintances are pretty worried about this notebook about now...

JMO

Has anyone tried to find out of the owner of the Hydrocodone bottle lived nearby? There's a possible theft. It's item #60 on the search warrant.

What is #97 Peoplefinder.com? That's a website? How can it be an item that was seized?

Hmm. The only thing that actually gives me pause is the 4 laptops. I could see two--one for mom, on for TH.

FWIW until recently I had 5 laptops, I just gave 2 to my brother. I still have 3 laptops, a PC, 2 PS3's, a Wii, 2 iPhones, an iPad, PSP, used to have an xbox but it broke, still have my original NES. I could go on.. lol It's not for work, I don't have any kids. I'm just a techy obsessed nerd :D

ETA they are all mine, husband stole my iPad though and I never get to use it since he discovered he can draw his comics on it....

I imagine they took it because it is something they think may have been used when he committed the crime. I don't want to go any deeper with my thoughts on this.

Yes, were the chair and restraints used during the murder?
Or on something/or someone else?

There are 22 entries for "condom" and some of them are plural. Ugh. just ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx