Phone: (817) 238-7925
Web: www.emsisd.com
District: Eagle Mount-Saginaw Independent School District

GreatSchools Rating
Public school • Grades 1-12
6 students per teacher
(TX avg is 15)

Curious.

The first time home buyers are limited in price, so I am not sure if that house would qualify?

And, you still need to have enough income to buy the house.

He bought the house in 2008 which would make him around 12.

Where she lived when he was in 5 th grade is confusing. Maybe she rented.

This is not about me as I have been married a jillion years and my kids married to great people as well. So, please do not think I am personalizing it.

For my teaching career, I worked in schools and situations where the people were in poverty.

I am sick about hearing about single mothers. They cannot get abortions and they cannot get assistance or welfare. So what is it they are supposed to do? Marry rich and have sone guy support them?

I heard the stories of the guys who worked under the table so they did not have to pay support. I heard the stories of how the guys were going to take the children away.

It doesn't matter if I thought their threats were ridiculous, the mothers believed it and were afraid.

As far as we know, GG had 4 years to establish a relationship. We don't know what effort was put into it,

We don't know why the mother chose not to go for support when TH was younger.

We do not know if GG was on any IRS forms.

We just don't know.

Has anyone checked and double checked missing persons in his area of Texas?

Thanks, that is what I thought. I would have thought they would have issued a search warrant on both vehicles though.

Yes, I, too, am a little surprised that they didn't.

ETA: FWIW, I checked and see now that the search warrant for the Holder residence includes wording that the search is to include any vehicles on the property, including but not limited to the KIA.

Has anyone checked and double checked missing persons in his area of Texas?

If TH was responsible for any, I think they would have found them in his room. :moo: (Sarcasm)

Maybe unsolved homicides? If there are any of those TH is responsible for they have his DNA now.

The first time home buyers are limited in price, so I am not sure if that house would qualify?

And, you still need to have enough income to buy the house.

He bought the house in 2008 which would make him around 12.

Where she lived when he was in 5 th grade is confusing. Maybe she rented.

This is not about me as I have been married a jillion years and my kids married to great people as well. So, please do not think I am personalizing it.

For my teaching career, I worked in schools and situations where the people were in poverty.

I am sick about hearing about single mothers. They cannot get abortions and they cannot get assistance or welfare. So what is it they are supposed to do? Marry rich and have sone guy support them?

I heard the stories of the guys who worked under the table so they did not have to pay support. I heard the stories of how the guys were going to take the children away.

It doesn't matter if I thought their threats were ridiculous, the mothers believed it and were afraid.

As far as we know, GG had 4 years to establish a relationship. We don't know what effort was put into it,

We don't know why the mother chose not to go for support when TH was younger.

We do not know if GG was on any IRS forms.

We just don't know.

In the home buyer program we went through, they would be a family of two. To even qualify for the program, she would have need to make LESS then 30,000 a year. You can have a very small salary, and still qualify for a loan in the same program. At the time, as a family of 3, we made less then that...and still qualified. The only limit on the amount of loan you could get, was the limit the lender set. Because the income qualifications must be so low, by default, people aren't going to be qualifying for $250,000 houses. However, the program itself, has NO home price limits.

It seems like her house is in the $130,000-$150000 range now. In 2008-2009 (I know, because that's the year we purchased our home) it was a buyers market. Great homes were going for very little, and interest rates were at historic lows. (We secured a less then 4% interest rate. Out mortgage payment was and still is...less then renting a one bedroom apartment.) Even thought my husband's income was not even middle class, we still qualified for a loan to cover a house in the same price range. The home buyers program paid the down payment and closing costs. We had to pay less then $2,000 to actually get into the home. The trade off, is you must live in the home a certain amount of time. If you do not, they prorate the loan amount and you must pay it back.

So, long story short...yes, you need income. However, you are required to have very little, to qualify for the program. As I said, there was no limit on the cost of the house. Her house would have qualified, if she qualified. (I'm not saying she used that program, we don't know.)

If TH was responsible for any, I think they would have found them in his room. :moo: (Sarcasm)

Maybe unsolved homicides? If there are any of those TH is responsible for they have his DNA now.

I'm thinking missing persons and unsolved rapes in his area. Maybe a 50-100 mile radius?

Bottoms up!

I'm thinking missing persons and unsolved rapes in his area. Maybe a 50-100 mile radius?

Bottoms up!

Wouldn't they run his DNA through the DNA database? It seems like common sense LE would anytime someone is arrested for rape, but I have no knowledge if that's what they actually do. With his crime, I would so surprised if they didn't.

I hope they are looking at missing persons, as well. I imagine that would be a really huge task, because I don't think they can limit victims to children. Scary stuff!!!

I have wondered about these items from the SW:

# 8 Purple/Pink/Green Timex Indigo Watch with purple band/Pink & Green Flowers
# 116 pink shirt long sleeve
# 143 small pink sock
# 153 1 pair boy's denim pants

Could these have been Alanna's clothes?

IIRC LD said that she was wearing a pink shirt. Her socks could have matched (small pink sock)! The boy's denim pants could have been jeans that she was wearing.

LD Hummingbird...Do you remember if Alanna had on long sleeves and long pants? Wasn't the weather chillier that normal that day?

Also do you think the watch was hers?

Dear God...Please Bless the Family & Friends of Your Angel Alanna!

By cooler, I think it was mid 80s instead of mid 90s.

Wouldn't they run his DNA through the DNA database? It seems like common sense LE would anytime someone is arrested for rape, but I have no knowledge if that's what they actually do. With his crime, I would so surprised if they didn't.

I hope they are looking at missing persons, as well. I imagine that would be a really huge task, because I don't think they can limit victims to children. Scary stuff!!!

They'll definately run his DNA. It did cross my mind that we may see other victims identified or even others that may come forward with information.

This has to be one of the worst cases that Saginaw LE has seen.

They'll definately run his DNA. It did cross my mind that we may see other victims identified or even others that may come forward with information.

This has to be one of the worst cases that Saginaw LE has seen.

Yes, and jmo, some cases may not have dna.

I know in the state where I live that you WILL name the father in order to get assistance. This money comes from the taxpayer and it is expected that responsible parties will kick in their share.

I have been retired for a couple of years so I do not know if things have changed, but in my state, the potential father pays for the DNA test.

I worked with a couple of mothers who had a choice of a few guys and maybe a couple who honestly did not know who the father was.

GG is maybe three years older than KH?

When I was pregnant with our first ('05) my husband and I were not married. I was placed on bed rest and he was laid off all in the same week. We were paying out of pocket for everything even trying to pay the hospital in advance but we were short a little. We needed some help with no money coming in and all extra money had been going to Dr and hospital. The lady at the aid office told me that if I claimed I did not know who the father was that I would get more help and help for a longer period of time. If I claimed him as the father I would be allowed emergency help Stamps for 1 month and 4 months of insurance (my last month of pregnancy and her first 3 months).

Though I do not know what the rules were when TH was younger for gov help. Either the lady I had broke the rules or they do not enforce them all the time.

I do know that GG was older then KH but not sure how much older.

When I was pregnant with our first ('05) my husband and I were not married. I was placed on bed rest and he was laid off all in the same week. We were paying out of pocket for everything even trying to pay the hospital in advance but we were short a little. We needed some help with no money coming in and all extra money had been going to Dr and hospital. The lady at the aid office told me that if I claimed I did not know who the father was that I would get more help and help for a longer period of time. If I claimed him as the father I would be allowed emergency help Stamps for 1 month and 4 months of insurance (my last month of pregnancy and her first 3 months).

Though I do not know what the rules were when TH was younger for gov help. Either the lady I had broke the rules or they do not enforce them all the time.

I do know that GG was older then KH but not sure how much older.

Interesting.

Good points have been made about WIC, etc . It sounds like you would have received the same help as anyone else, father or not. It 's income based .

Cash assistance for a family of two where I live is about $200/ month.

Even if you get help with food and housing, $200/month does not go far for clothes and other things you need such as shampoo, laundry soap, clothes washing, on and on.

Grocery stores are not close by where I live, so people either take a bus, if the route goes anywhere near, or a cab, which is expensive here.

I pray everyday I never have to be that poor.

And even if people cheat on welfare, they aren't getting too much more. Ii was in hundreds of homes over the years. The first year I had my new assistant at work, we both went home and cried.

We don't have any crime ridden ghettos where I live. I cannot even imagine a concrete land to live in.

Inquiring minds want to know. Did the mother live in the home?

In Texas, a DNA test is required for single parents. (The father's DNA test is required, that is.) In filing, it would have been found out if the man wasn't the bio father. She could not have been collecting support from someone else, unless it was a private agreement with a man, and not through the state.

Back when I was practicing law this wasn't true but I don't know the rules now. Back then you only had to name the father or potential fathers if you received government aid of certain types and the government was trying to get some of their money back so the government (state) went after the non-custodial parents.

I agree with the posters that have said KH might not have initiated the child support and paternity case. It's possible that the State initiated the action.

It's also possible that KH reached out earlier to the state for help with child support and paternity.

It can take some time for the Attorney General to file any case, but especially a case where the custodial parent is not getting state aid. Back when I was practicing law the state aid cases had priority, I don't know if that's still the case or not.

Just throwing out some ideas, I don't know anything about the circumstances in this case.

How does that work when a parent is in another state?

Inquiring minds want to know. Did the mother live in the home?

I mentioned that a while back. We had a neighbor who moved out and let her fresh out of juvie son, who turned 18, live in the house while she was on the other side of town living with her new boyfriend.

About a year later and 3 or four swat busts, he was forced out of the house and mom had to sell it. He was making meth and had lots of friends day and night. After each bust, they would start strolling down the cul de sac one by one and start over again.

I wonder if she was staying somewhere else too.

Her car was there when they served the search warrant, wasn't it?

Her car was there when they served the search warrant, wasn't it?

Wondering if there is a third car she drives to work. Maybe the KIA and other car were his. Perhaps, one wasn't reliable or broken down even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member