GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll definately run his DNA. It did cross my mind that we may see other victims identified or even others that may come forward with information.

This has to be one of the worst cases that Saginaw LE has seen.

They've got to be just reeling still.

Jmo. just jumping off your post.

What I think we should fight against:
  • The tendency to see a person with ADD as his or her disorder, believing one can understand and predict behavior with absolute certainty based on just the fact that s/he has ADD.

• The tendency to see people with ADD as a homogenous population (i.e. ignoring important individual differences).

Substitute whatever disorder or mental illness you want for ADD. Maybe I am in the minority but as a person with mental illness, I say, if the data show that my condition appears to be linked, epidemiologically or otherwise, with criminality or deviance, so be it. It doesn't change who I am and what I do. If the data are sound, they will stand up and we can learn from them. If not, let's do the studies to prove that, let's address it scientifically like (IMO) it should be. And let's keep the public (non-experts) in the loop, because knowledge is power for all of us.

All IMOO.

Could not agree more with your post, PJ. When I started reading it, first thing I thought was "let's not limit this to ADD" ... but, no need to worry, you sailed right on into that part!

IMO, conditions that affect behavior in any way -- and that is a wide range, not all psychological or neurological, either -- are going to come up on WS from time to time. It's inevitable. As far as criminal behavior goes, sometimes they may be irrelevant, sometimes a great big piece of the puzzle, and lots of times something in between. Sometimes (maybe most times) we're just not going to know with any certainty.

We have to remember that all those labels are really just that -- labels, made-up "tools" in the efforts to observe, describe and categorize (and in some cases, modify) the human condition and human behavior. They change, our understanding of them changes, and there is plenty of room for debate. They can be pretty useful, in many ways, but, IMO, they should never be the first and final word. That helps no one.

All such "labels" that have at one time or another been attached to me, members of my family, and other people I know and care about, taken together, would fill a bushel basket. No way I would want anything I say here to make someone who's encountering the same in their own life feel misunderstood or persecuted. What I'd say is: Take that label, that descriptor, and consider it, learn all you can about it, use it to make life better, if you can, for yourself, your child, your spouse, whoever it applies to. (And if there's a "dark side" to that label, learn about that, too, to avoid or cope with the dark side.) But remember -- it's a tool. It's not who that person is.

There is plenty to learn, I think, for all of us, in all this -- and while it's not the main purpose of this forum, we can do some of that here.

Inquiring minds want to know. Did the mother live in the home?

I know of some parents that actually moved out of their home, leaving (running away from) their druggy psychotic son.....for their own safety!
He had not been convicted nor arrested for his bizarre behaviors and crimes yet, because of evidence protocol, but his parents knew he was a dangerous psychotic wacko. They simply moved out of their own home for their own safety!

Oh! Another thing I forgot to mention.
obsessing on sex.......
just something to think about.....
there have been 3 men in my family (I have a large family btw), 1 a cousin, 1 a nephew in law, 1 an ex son in law.
They all have mental illness.
They all are obsessed with sex.
they all have been caught naked outside in their neighborhoods in the late hours of darkness.
could TH be suffering from mental illness?
oh! They all took drugs!!!!
Cousin an nephew in law...consistent pot and some hallucinogens.
Ex son in law.....steriods (that we know of)
Also, all of them suffered some sort of abuse by a parent during upbringing.

Oh! Another thing I forgot to mention.
obsessing on sex.......
just something to think about.....
there have been 3 men in my family (I have a large family btw), 1 a cousin, 1 a nephew in law, 1 an ex son in law.
They all have mental illness.
They all are obsessed with sex.
they all have been caught naked outside in their neighborhoods in the late hours of darkness.
could TH be suffering from mental illness?

IMO, yes, he could be. We just don't have enough information to know what all might be contributing to this. (Explanations, folks, not "excuses".)

We do know that it looks like he has addictions.

IMO, yes, he could be. We just don't have enough information to know what all might be contributing to this. (Explanations, folks, not "excuses".)

We do know that it looks like he has addictions.

It is my educated understanding that schizophrenia sometimes sets in (shows itself) between the ages of 16 and 30.
my cousin was having problems around 16, got into drugs, spiraled out of control from that point forward.......sex, drugs, attempted murder and attempted suicide.
It was awful! His parents lived in motels!

Well it drives me bananas! My husband works everyday 12-15 hours. We pay our bills....all of them. Frankly, the economy is so bad now that there really isn't much left over. Certainly not the 10% we used to have for savings.

My neighbor whose house ( section 8) is actually bigger than mine as they have a built on enclosed patio. She pays a whopping $48.00 a month. The $850 a month she gets in food stamps must be great! They entertain all the time... No hot dogs or burgers for them... Carry in cases of ribs & steaks. I passed on replacing our broken jacuzzi this summer....moneys tight. I have a budget ya know. They got a new car and an above ground pool,., oh and guess what! She's expecting #7 ...another Little BLESSING! Our health insurance .., pffft what a joke that is for all the money we pay for practically nothing. They get Medicade ..,100% paid. Must be nice.

If that's being poor... I want in!

I'm telling you, I'm sincerely regretting doing things the right way when I could be living the high life on everyone else's dime.

RBBM

Your neighbor has got something else going on besides $850 in food stamps if this is the action next door.

This will sound odd to a lot of people but I happen to love physical labor. Makes me feel good to get out there and use my body and get something done. I teach my boys the same.

The other day they were spatting at each other about which one was doing how much work and how much the other one was being lazy.

~ I stopped both of them and looked each individually in the eye and I said, to each, "I'm going to help you solve 90% of the problems you will ever have in life...STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING."

Put your blinders on dear, there is always going to be someone working the system in the same way I know people who NEED help and can't get it. I don't understand it, I can't change it, I don't think it ever will change.

TH didn't get this way because his biological father didn't pay child support.

RBBM

Your neighbor has got something else going on besides $850 in food stamps if this is the action next door.

This will sound odd to a lot of people but I happen to love physical labor. Makes me feel good to get out there and use my body and get something done. I teach my boys the same.

The other day they were spatting at each other about which one was doing how much work and how much the other one was being lazy.

~ I stopped both of them and looked each individually in the eye and I said, to each, "I'm going to help you solve 90% of the problems you will ever have in life...STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING."

Put your blinders on dear, there is always going to be someone working the system in the same way I know people who NEED help and can't get it. I don't understand it, I can't change it, I don't think it ever will change.

TH didn't get this way because his biological father didn't pay child support.

There is something about you that I look forward to everyday!
You are a voice of reason!
Thank you!!!!!

Initially, a lot of what I've read about TH and his behavior made me think of a schizophrenia diagnosis (pacing, weight gain, flat affect, self medicating, friendless). But the crime against allanna and the sex obsession don't fit. Medications for schizophrenia and the illness itself interfere with the sex drive. Violent crimes committed by people with schizophrenia aren't usually sexual - although I'm sure there are exceptions. I think it's usually straight up violence because they're paranoid and in their mind they are protecting themselves from someone who wants to hurt them, saving a loved child from the devil by killing them etc.

E

Some post have been RSBM
Boyd Texas where mom was living with TH as a youngster has only 1350 people. I would thnk someone would notice she was pregnant and mention it to her ex bf?
The thing is we don't know if the father was from that area, if it was more than a one night stand, or really anything at all except he's the father.

BBM. All you have to do is claim you do not know who the father is. They will not go around giving DNA test to several men.
In my state (MO) they do have you keep naming guys until they find the father. I know one person that I ran across on our online court records site that had named six men that were not the father and they were just filing for a DNA test for the 7th. Personally, if I was in the circumstance I'd give up the father the first time. How humiliating it would be to me to have 7 men tested as the father of my child. :banghead:

This country is never going to get better while the working class wage war against the poor.
Off topic but just have to say that this country is never going to get better either until people aren't just sitting around waiting for handouts but get up and take care of themselves and those they bring into the world. Yes, I have compassion for the poor and donate more than just my tax money. What I really want is for them to find a way out of all of it but when the government is providing well for some of them there's not much reason. Like one of the other posters said she was doing okay on assistance. Many are and when the government dings you when you crawl out and makes it harder on you, well let's just say I get it. But as you said this has nothing to do with Alanna.

MOO

Initially, a lot of what I've read about TH and his behavior made me think of a schizophrenia diagnosis (pacing, weight gain, flat affect, self medicating, friendless). But the crime against allanna and the sex obsession don't fit. Medications for schizophrenia and the illness itself interfere with the sex drive. Violent crimes committed by people with schizophrenia aren't usually sexual - although I'm sure there are exceptions. I think it's usually straight up violence because they're paranoid and in their mind they are protecting themselves from someone who wants to hurt them, saving a loved child from the devil by killing them etc.

E

I understand what you are saying
my cousin believed (s) the radio was instructing him under gods order.
to further what I am stating. ....
my cousin butcher knifed off his own penis under his schizophrenic delusions as to what god told him To do. He believed he was severing his own penis to save the world!!!! Because he has auditory delusions.
This is very painful to me. But I want to mention it.
I have lots of stories concerning schizophrenia/paranoid schizophrenia.
True stories...
my uncle (his father) was a dr.
im just wondering if perhaps TH is mentally ill.
Honestly, I cant imagine his commission of this crime other than being mentally ill.
I just dont know if it us under the law.
did he try to hide his crime?
Or was he showing off?
Just food fir thought...

BBM. All you have to do is claim you do not know who the father is. They will not go around giving DNA test to several men.

That's exactly what they do. If a mother doesn't know for sure who the father is, she is required to list all potential fathers. They keep testing them, until they find the father. In Texas, establishment of paternity is required to receive support.

I understand what you are saying
my cousin believed (s) the radio was instructing him under gods order.
to further what I am stating. ....
my cousin butcher knifed off his own penis under his schizophrenic delusions as to what god told him To do. He believed he was severing his own penis to save the world!!!! Because he has auditory delusions.
This is very painful to me. But I want to mention it.
I have lots of stories concerning schizophrenia/paranoid schizophrenia.
True stories...
my uncle (his father) was a dr.
im just wondering if perhaps TH is mentally ill.
Honestly, I cant imagine his commission of this crime other than being mentally ill.
I just dont know if it us under the law.
did he try to hide his crime?
Or was he showing off?
Just food fir thought...

Some authorities consider schizophrenia the worst/most painful disease of humans.

That said, in many cases, it can be treated/managed more effectively now than ever before.

I havent read this yet...
I have a very good friend of over 20 years who is now a medicated bipolar.
she has discussed with me hyper sex. Sounds absolutely wild!!!!
with meds she says she has no drive.
now I'm going to read it.....

If you want to understand the illness your friend has, read there, but read elsewhere, too -- read widely and well and discriminately. Manic depression is a disease of such varying expression that it takes a while to get a true understanding of what it is all about, and there is misinformation out there (of course, as there is for everything).

TH is a bit young to be showing the symptoms of full-blown mania, IMO -- but it's certainly not impossible, especially if, say, he was treated with antidepressants -- add in his other drug use, and -- could be.

I do think it is important, especially considering some of the recent topics here, to say that none of these major psychiatric disorders we're mentioning necessarily predispose to violence, and especially not the kind of type that seems to be involved in Alanna's death.

There would have to be other factors present, too, IMO, even if TH has one of these, or another, disorder. I think even sexual abuse of a child would be the extreme end of anything that could be expected directly from the disorder.

One thing I think is possible -- that TH could have been involved with someone else in abusing Alanna -- horrendous enough in itself, for sure! -- but the other person actually killed her. (I'm not sold on this as the answer, please understand; just considering all possibilities.)

Oh, I do remember being young and every 17 year old boy wanting...but not to the extent that you live in a gross bedroom with used condoms of that quantity, lace thongs & tp rolls laying around. There is some hyper sexuality going on it appears to me but I'm no expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025