GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People putting blinders on to corruption is what allows corrupt people to thrive. When taxpayers are finally outnumbered by the takers and leeches, watch out!

Back on topic....I have a nephew, who is 26, and has been diagnosed as schizophrenic. He lives at home when not jailed or committed. Several times my BIL and SIL have moved out due to fear of him. When he decides to take his meds, things are ok. When he doesn't....nothing is done until he escalates to something illegal. Like threatening neighbors....IMO, he needs to be locked up. He WILL eventually kill someone. No doubt in my mind.

But then again, there were no pill bottles listed with his name on them listed in the original house warrant. What they were able to get the next day/night might be interesting. They could take the bottle of someone who didn't live there as that means he was caught with illegal presciption drugs.

I'm far from ready to give him any type of "mental illness" card to play. imo.

I'm far from ready to give him any type of "mental illness" card to play. imo.

He's not incompetent nor insane. He can stand trial being bipolar etc..Jodi is, being a borderline. If he took meds as a young child, they will surely bring up his condition as a mitigating factor and bring in slugs like LaViolette & Samuels were for Jodi. ugh...what a waste of time... :seeya:

He's not incompetent nor insane. He can stand trial being bipolar etc..Jodi is, being a borderline. If he took meds as a young child, they will surely bring up his condition as a mitigating factor and bring in slugs like LaViolette & Samuels were for Jodi. ugh...what a waste of time... :seeya:

I look at the mental illness angle, at this point, more to give possible insight into a perp's motivation/judgement and how such a factor might help us figure out some things about the crime, crime scene -- and, specifically in this case, the seemingly reckless way in which Alanna's body was placed.

Both schizophrenia and manic depressive illness can have psychotic phases that can render a person "insane", but to prove someone was at the time a crime was committed is really difficult, IMO, in most cases. I don't think (JMO) TH was psychotic when Alanna was killed, even if he does happen to qualify for one of those diagnoses.

Nooo, the conversations and post have been fascinating! I just meant I'm not sure there is anything wrong with him other than dope. Will I be surprised if we find out there is something wrong, no. But I'm just not there yet. Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining. :blushing:

What could they mitigate? He cannot get death.

He is not going to get anything less than LWOP for shooting the officer.

I sure wonder what went wrong

I just remembered this from living in Fl late 80's. Huffing was a big thing in our town and a cheap high for teens. They showed the grocery bags like the walmart bags listed as an example after a teen bust. They spray the paint or whatever into the bag and put their face on it & inhale the fuems. It has a big fast high & heightened sexual arousal. Causes brain cell depletion too. Anger too.

No excuses, just eliminating things is all. No worries Teh, I didn't even think that. lol
Actually, I think he's a messed up kid. Don't know why but add that to inhalants, hydrocone, sexual addiction or whatever, who knows? TH had Walmart bags with unknown substance everywhere. Even in potato chip bags.

http://www.enotes.com/inhalants-reference/inhalants

Back when CA was charged I remember looking up the law and all involving under the age of 18 and lwop in capital murder. This was FL though. It stated that after so many years they are offered more chances to go before a parole type board than adults convicted. Some even being released at 20 years. Don't know the law only what I really study and read about. Haven't a clue what Texas has for under 18.

I will check on it though for my own understanding of the sentence.

Back when CA was charged I remember looking up the law and all involving under the age of 18 and lwop in capital murder. This was FL though. It stated that after so many years they are offered more chances to go before a parole type board than adults convicted. Some even being released at 20 years. Don't know the law only what I really study and read about. Haven't a clue what Texas has for under 18.

I will check on it though for my own understanding of the sentence.

That would be something if he got chances.

We cannot afford the prison system. There are so many people in prison in the US. California is releasing all kinds of terrible people to make way for more .

Maybe in 20 years things will be so bad that even he would be let out. I doubt it. But who guessed Casey Anthony wouldn't be in prison.

Dr. Know.

Any more insight if KH was staying at the house?

Dr. Know.

I couldn't tell you honestly. I saw about what everyone else has. Then I think about when and who did know what was going on. Didn't know about TH until the news showed him and the FBI leaving with the brown paper bag containing DNA samples on the 5th per warrant, after they left town for a day or so (rumor I guess) & his interview with the LE at the station on the 2nd from the released arrest warrant. A lot could have been cleaned up for public viewing. We won't know until a trial or they start throwing out more document releases if it's not needed for a conviction...bummer.

Dr. Know.

Obviously, I'm not Dr. Know, but wanted to reply.

Somehow, the dogs, all four, being there makes me think she was probably living there...? No reason, particularly. But, even so, that doesn't mean she couldn't have been spending some lengths of time away.

Someone commented earlier on there being little if any comment from the neighbors about KH, but of course they may have been commenting like crazy and it just hasn't reached our ears.

Wonder if anybody who looked at her Facebook before it disappeared got any clue from that if she mostly stayed at the residence? (I don't FB, so I don't know.) ETA: Sorry, I really am not trying to draw anybody into non-TOS sleuthing, just thinking "out loud".

I just remembered this from living in Fl late 80's. Huffing was a big thing in our town and a cheap high for teens. They showed the grocery bags like the walmart bags listed as an example after a teen bust. They spray the paint or whatever into the bag and put their face on it & inhale the fuems. It has a big fast high & heightened sexual arousal. Causes brain cell depletion too. Anger too.

No excuses, just eliminating things is all. No worries Teh, I didn't even think that. lol
Actually, I think he's a messed up kid. Don't know why but add that to inhalants, hydrocone, sexual addiction or whatever, who knows? TH had Walmart bags with unknown substance everywhere. Even in potato chip bags.

http://www.enotes.com/inhalants-reference/inhalants

bbm: It really is pretty much just a guessing game, with only the bits and pieces that we know.

Obviously, I'm not Dr. Know, but wanted to reply.

Somehow, the dogs, all four, being there makes me think she was probably living there...? No reason, particularly. But, even so, that doesn't mean she couldn't have been spending some lengths of time away.

Someone commented earlier on there being little if any comment from the neighbors about KH, but of course they may have been commenting like crazy and it just hasn't reached our ears.

Wonder if anybody who looked at her Facebook before it disappeared got any clue from that if she mostly stayed at the residence? (I don't FB, so I don't know.)

Your replies are better than Dr. Know? Backwoods! lol

Your replies are better than Dr. Know? Backwoods! lol

bbm: Aw, sheesh. No.

(I just edited my post above to say, I wasn't trying to get anybody to break TOS about Facebook. Not using it, sometimes I forget the rules here regarding it. So don't go out on any limbs on my account, Dr. Know!)

I keep thinking about the tire-slashing incident with the Gallaghers. I know it kind of seems TH may have had a general rep in the neighborhood as trouble, but somehow that goes beyond that. I wonder if he did the same thing or similar things to others and we just don't know, or did he direct his ire toward them for some "reason" (in his thinking).

I wonder if little Alanna heard anything or picked up any vibes (as children will) about that incident? If so, it seems like it would have made it harder for him to "lure" her...? Just maybe? (But maybe not.) If someone else was involved, they might have done any luring, and, of course, she could have just been grabbed.

I have a billion questions to statements made like Alanna being in a tree and wouldn't let a stranger neighbor help her down. Who was it? Just all kinds of questions on little things like that in the news.

That tire incident still makes no sense. I have thoughts though. Just felt like slashing tires that night and showing up at their door is odd? Somethings just aren't sitting right but hopefully, something will move along soon to explain it.

eta, if he's not formally charged & three months would be a miracle per Ing, I don't think we will hear anything but rumor & no MSM/LE statements until he is formally charged. Gitana will show up and answer this soon, I hope!

Who can explain to me what is going on with the sealed part of the warrants. I guess it's the affidavit parts, giving the probable cause on which the warrant is based...?

I remember something about sealing for 31 days, I think, or did I make that up? If I didn't: Does that mean that after 31 days it will be unsealed, for sure, or could that time be extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx