GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what little I know, it's not allowed to seal warrants there but in these warrants they stated they would be sealed until at least the 31st day of the month they were served in (which must be legal too) The warrants were released before the 31st.

Some authorities consider schizophrenia the worst/most painful disease of humans.

That said, in many cases, it can be treated/managed more effectively now than ever before.

Yes. My cousin is now (and has been) heavily medicated. He is seldom institutionalized now, but sometimes. Even with his meds he still suffers some paranoia. Sometimes his dosages require adjustments.

I could believe that whole tale of woe, but this is the way it works. Fathers pay child support whether they get to see the dhild or not.

If they want to see the child, they sue for visitation.

I have heard the whining about money story so much it does not even raise one bit of sympathy. The child had to eat, live somewhere, and go to the doctor. Wear clothes The money goes to the child in that respect alone.

Apparently the mother did it without getting an abortion or living on welfare.
RBBM: The father should not have to pay child support if he is not informed that he has a child. Period. If you don't know you have a child, how can you possibly file for visitation?

We can agree to disagree. I believe this father until more details come out People are suggesting all things about the "mom", even saying she might not be living at the home. If she is that irresponsible, although it's not been verified, I can't give her the benefit of the doubt, since TH was raised under her roof.

IMO - there should be a law about any parent concealing a child and the parents right to be a parent to their flesh and blood. Furthermore, who knows how TH would have turned out if Mom did the right thing. :twocents:

RBBM: The father should not have to pay child support if he is not informed that he has a child. Period. If you don't know you have a child, how can you possibly file for visitation?

We can agree to disagree. I believe this father until more details come out People are suggesting all things about the "mom", even saying she might not be living at the home. If she is that irresponsible, although it's not been verified, I can't give her the benefit of the doubt, since TH was raised under her roof.

IMO - there should be a law about any parent concealing a child and the parents right to be a parent to their flesh and blood. Furthermore, who knows how TH would have turned out if Mom did the right thing. :twocents:

BBM

I suggested it a while ago only because I am guessing about the living arrangement they have as parent and child. I have no clue what it might have been nor facts only guesses. I bow out gracefully now. :seeya: oops, I tripped...

It's been a long time since I've had to deal with child support, and the laws may be different now. What I was told back about 30 years ago is that he couldn't be made to pay support before the date it was first requested. Once an order was issued, he would have to pay back to that day (but not before). If there was any public assistance received, he may have to repay some of that. In addition to laws possibly changing, it's also possible that different states have different rules about it. If that's the case, I've once again added nothing. MOO

Yes. My cousin is now (and has been) heavily medicated. He is seldom institutionalized now, but sometimes. Even with his meds he still suffers some paranoia. Sometimes his dosages require adjustments.

:seeya: hugs

Who can explain to me what is going on with the sealed part of the warrants. I guess it's the affidavit parts, giving the probable cause on which the warrant is based...?

I remember something about sealing for 31 days, I think, or did I make that up? If I didn't: Does that mean that after 31 days it will be unsealed, for sure, or could that time be extended?

Does the sealing of the warrants have anything to do with the perp not being able to speak since he had a tube?

Does the sealing of the warrants have anything to do with the perp not being able to speak since he had a tube?

I don't think it does, not directly.

I think the sealing of search warrants varies from state to state. From what I understand, in Texas, normally, the parts of the documents that state what items, etc. are to be looked for and what items are actually taken cannot be sealed. (But maybe they were briefly in this case, by special order -- not sure?)

The part that is sealed (it's missing from the warrants we have linked on the first page of the thread), the affidavit part, would state, basically, I think, what the warrant is based on -- the crime, things known about the crime, things that show connection of the suspect to the crime, stuff that convinces the judge issuing the warrant that there is probable cause to suspect the person committed the crime and to search for and take the evidence described. I think in many states, maybe all, that part can be sealed, at least for a while, because it would tend to "give away" the state's case long before discovery, etc., kicks in to cause the state to share evidence with the defense.

What was confusing me was the 31st day thing or whatever -- I had heard that mentioned at some point and just was wondering how that fit in.

If I'm way off base with any of this, anybody feel free to correct! I'm just kind of winging it, here.

I don't think it does, not directly.

I think the sealing of search warrants varies from state to state. From what I understand, in Texas, normally, the parts of the documents that state what items, etc. are to be looked for and what items are actually taken cannot be sealed. (But maybe they were briefly in this case, by special order -- not sure?)

The part that is sealed (it's missing from the warrants we have linked on the first page of the thread), the affidavit part, would state, basically, I think, what the warrant is based on -- the crime, things known about the crime, things that show connection of the suspect to the crime, stuff that convinces the judge issuing the warrant that there is probable cause to suspect the person committed the crime and to search for and take the evidence described. I think in many states, maybe all, that part can be sealed, at least for a while, because it would tend to "give away" the state's case long before discovery, etc., kicks in to cause the state to share evidence with the defense.

What was confusing me was the 31st day thing or whatever -- I had heard that mentioned at some point and just was wondering how that fit in.

If I'm way off base with any of this, anybody feel free to correct! I'm just kind of winging it, here.

I think your ideas about this may be right....the state doesn't want this case tossed. They will likely protect their evidence.

I have a billion questions to statements made like Alanna being in a tree and wouldn't let a stranger neighbor help her down. Who was it? Just all kinds of questions on little things like that in the news.

That tire incident still makes no sense. I have thoughts though. Just felt like slashing tires that night and showing up at their door is odd? Somethings just aren't sitting right but hopefully, something will move along soon to explain it.

eta, if he's not formally charged & three months would be a miracle per Ing, I don't think we will hear anything but rumor & no MSM/LE statements until he is formally charged. Gitana will show up and answer this soon, I hope!
BBM

I can help you with the person who talked to Alanna when she was in the tree. Her first name is Der*ind*a she is listed in my Who's Who. Maybe some of your other questions are in there too.

Here's the Who's Who: TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw **Who's Who and Case Docs** NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Another neighbor said there were signs that something was not right at home. She was gardening when she heard the girl shouting for help. She was stuck in the tree in her front yard.
Quote:
Alanna told her, “Strangers are not to be in my yard. You are not allowed in my yard.” Deri*nda described Alanna as a “spitfire.” ...recalls the mother saying, “I bet she’s over at a neighbor’s home, she always does this.”

That's from this article: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...th-of-young-girl-dumped-on-saginaw-street.ece

I look at the mental illness angle, at this point, more to give possible insight into a perp's motivation/judgement and how such a factor might help us figure out some things about the crime, crime scene -- and, specifically in this case, the seemingly reckless way in which Alanna's body was placed.

Both schizophrenia and manic depressive illness can have psychotic phases that can render a person "insane", but to prove someone was at the time a crime was committed is really difficult, IMO, in most cases. I don't think (JMO) TH was psychotic when Alanna was killed, even if he does happen to qualify for one of those diagnoses.

I agree. Probably has or will have a diagnosis of major mental illness but the crime seems driven more by personality factors (poor impulse control, lack of empathy, obsessive thinking). If he mounts a defense to this, I can see an attorney trying to find evidence of a past traumatic brain injury (ex playing sports).

All speculation/guessing. Not at all trying to excuse what he did or argue that he deserves any leniency - he's a monster.

I agree. Probably has or will have a diagnosis of major mental illness but the crime seems driven more by personality factors (poor impulse control, lack of empathy, obsessive thinking). If he mounts a defense to this, I can see an attorney trying to find evidence of a past traumatic brain injury (ex playing sports).

All speculation/guessing. Not at all trying to excuse what he did or argue that he deserves any leniency - he's a monster.

Oh I think they can argue anything that they like. I just don't think it will matter a bit. He is in Texas. Texas leads the nation in putting juveniles murderers to death - since 1976 there have been 13 people (all men) put to death in Texas who were 17 when their crimes were committed. We have 28 men on death row in Texas who cannot (as the law stands now) be executed due to them being under 18 at the time of their crimes. They may not get killed, but they will not come off of death row until they are dead. I doubt football injury, medication, lack of father, or anything else will make a difference in sentencing him. In fact, I would bet that this may reopen the debate about the judicial system being allowed to decide on a case by case basis on when is old enough for execution to be used.

I know the death penalty is a touchy subject with some people, but IMHO this kid was plenty old enough to know that he was doing something that was very very wrong and as far as I am concerned add him to the list. I could sentence him without a bit of guilt on my part. I doubt I am alone on that. Sadly the federal government has taken that power away over the sake of a couple of months of this kids life.

In fact, I would bet that this may reopen the debate about the judicial system being allowed to decide on a case by case basis on when is old enough for execution to be used.

I know the death penalty is a touchy subject with some people, but IMHO this kid was plenty old enough to know that he was doing something that was very very wrong and as far as I am concerned add him to the list. I could sentence him without a bit of guilt on my part. I doubt I am alone on that. Sadly the federal government has taken that power away over the sake of a couple of months of this kids life.
. RSBM, BBM

I've been thinking pretty much the same thing. Texas is going to want to fry this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, I'm not Dr. Know, but wanted to reply.

Somehow, the dogs, all four, being there makes me think she was probably living there...? No reason, particularly. But, even so, that doesn't mean she couldn't have been spending some lengths of time away.

Someone commented earlier on there being little if any comment from the neighbors about KH, but of course they may have been commenting like crazy and it just hasn't reached our ears.

Wonder if anybody who looked at her Facebook before it disappeared got any clue from that if she mostly stayed at the residence? (I don't FB, so I don't know.) ETA: Sorry, I really am not trying to draw anybody into non-TOS sleuthing, just thinking "out loud".

bbm

Good point about the dogs. Would TH have cared for them if mom wasn't home?

I have a billion questions to statements made like Alanna being in a tree and wouldn't let a stranger neighbor help her down. Who was it? Just all kinds of questions on little things like that in the news.

That tire incident still makes no sense. I have thoughts though. Just felt like slashing tires that night and showing up at their door is odd? Somethings just aren't sitting right but hopefully, something will move along soon to explain it.

eta, if he's not formally charged & three months would be a miracle per Ing, I don't think we will hear anything but rumor & no MSM/LE statements until he is formally charged. Gitana will show up and answer this soon, I hope!

RBBM

Wow do I agree.

Sadly, unless TH himself decides to talk about it, I doubt if it will ever be addressed.

Why did he slash their tires? Why only that car that night?

More interestingly, why did he slash their tires and then show up to talk about it? <---------------I think that is the golden ticket to understanding the underlying pathology to his thinking.

What we are looking at here is a multidimensional child rapist and killer. My opinion is that because he is 17 we are all a little thrown off by it.

I keep thinking about the tire-slashing incident with the Gallaghers. I know it kind of seems TH may have had a general rep in the neighborhood as trouble, but somehow that goes beyond that. I wonder if he did the same thing or similar things to others and we just don't know, or did he direct his ire toward them for some "reason" (in his thinking).

I wonder if little Alanna heard anything or picked up any vibes (as children will) about that incident? If so, it seems like it would have made it harder for him to "lure" her...? Just maybe? (But maybe not.) If someone else was involved, they might have done any luring, and, of course, she could have just been grabbed.

Until I hear otherwise, I don't think TH singled out the Gallagher's. There are enough reports of him being a trouble maker in general. The Gallagher's lived 2 houses from TH. They were close and he is lazy. He seems to do everything close to home. Again, he is lazy. This is evident in the findings in his room and his other activities.

I feel like Alanna would have been scared of TH. He could have taunted her and grabbed her or he could have lured her. IMO, it doesn't matter because it would have taken seconds for him to grab her anyway if he wasn't able to lure her. Someone coming to the house could have grabbed/lured her but then that adds a whole other element that is hard to grasp. (Two people doing the unthinkable).

The neighborhood was so good about keeping things quiet prior to the arrest of TH. I wonder if we will hear more in the future from neighbors about TH's activities as things progress through the trial phase. I think they are being very respectful as this is still a ongoing investigation.

RBBM

Wow do I agree.

Sadly, unless TH himself decides to talk about it, I doubt if it will ever be addressed.

Why did he slash their tires? Why only that car that night?

More interestingly, why did he slash their tires and then show up to talk about it? <---------------I think that is the golden ticket to understanding the underlying pathology to his thinking.

What we are looking at here is a multidimensional child rapist and killer. My opinion is that because he is 17 we are all a little thrown off by it.

Yes. He seemed to do the same thing by announcing Alanna's identity before it had been announced. Wonder if that had occurred at other times as well.

Until I hear otherwise, I don't think TH singled out the Gallagher's. There are enough reports of him being a trouble maker in general. The Gallagher's lived 2 houses from TH. They were close and he is lazy. He seems to do everything close to home. Again, he is lazy. This is evident in the findings in his room and his other activities.

I feel like Alanna would have been scared of TH. He could have taunted her and grabbed her or he could have lured her. IMO, it doesn't matter because it would have taken seconds for him to grab her anyway if he wasn't able to lure her. Someone coming to the house could have grabbed/lured her but then that adds a whole other element that is hard to grasp. (Two people doing the unthinkable).

The neighborhood was so good about keeping things quiet prior to the arrest of TH. I wonder if we will hear more in the future from neighbors about TH's activities as things progress through the trial phase. I think they are being very respectful as this is still a ongoing investigation.

BBM Have we heard lately from the poster with the daughter who was acquainted a little with TH? That poster said that TH and his friends often sat in TH's garage and that Alanna had wandered in there several times. If that is the case, it argues that Alanna unfortunately was not afraid of TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908