GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the biggest advocate for women and their children receiving proper child support. However, this "Mom" doesn't deserve a dime until the time she decided to inform the Bio Dad of his child, 15 years too late. Sorry, she doesn't get any sympathy from me regarding the child support issue. Obviously, she knew who the Dad was and didn't inform him of HIS rights! He had the right to know about this child from the time of conception. I will trust his word until proven otherwise!

The Bio Dad DID try to get in touch with his son once he learned of paternity, but the child support office wouldn't give him any information. All they wanted was the $. They didn't care about his right to be a father for 15 years. Shame on the "mother" for not allowing this father to make a choice in this kids life, things may have turned out different.

How can you "love" a child when you do not know them? Then, you find out your "child" is a disgusting, sexual, murdering predator? I wouldn't be able to find any love in my heart for someone I don't know. I would have a hard time finding love in my heart for my own child if he did this to a beautiful, helpless, little girl and I have been his Mommy every single day of his life. All these women scream that a Daddy is something that is earned, yet they expect this guy to have feeling for a monster and pay up without ever knowing he was a "Dad". I don't get it.

The "father" is a victim too! :twocents:

I could believe that whole tale of woe, but this is the way it works. Fathers pay child support whether they get to see the dhild or not.

If they want to see the child, they sue for visitation.

I have heard the whining about money story so much it does not even raise one bit of sympathy. The child had to eat, live somewhere, and go to the doctor. Wear clothes The money goes to the child in that respect alone.

Apparently the mother did it without getting an abortion or living on welfare.

She wouldn't have to know all of these things I don't think. That is why people go to the Child Support Recovery to assist them in finding the other parent. If she was close enough to have a child with him when they were teens then she probably knew enough information about him to open the file.

She would know his full name and even maybe where he was born. Possible BD too. Name of parents or siblings perhaps. The CSR find those who are suppose to be paying child support no matter what part of the country they may have moved to.

I don't have a problem with asking him to pay child support and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it either but to wait for this many years where he would owe such a large amount of money right from the get go is unfair, imo. It can seriously harm someone's credit rating even if they pay their other accounts on time. Not only is that unfair but he lost valuable time he can never get back. She should have at least told him he was a father when Tyler was born.

BUT I imagine this is really what happened and it was because she had been receiving state assistance from the state for years in raising Tyler and it was CSR that found GG on their own and wanted him to pay the money back to the state since they assisted her because of Tyler and then wanted him to start paying child support currently once he knew.

I don't think the back child support is going to KH. The current support is forwarded to her. The back amount owed will go back to the State to recover funds they have forked out over the years while assisting a single mother.

So in fairness..... KH may not have initiated the child support after all.

IMO

This was discussed earlier. You cannot be on welfare without naming the father. If you claim you do not know the father, you start naming all of the people who could possibly be the father. Then the guys get to give DNA.

She managed to buy a house before she got child support from GG. I doubt that she was on welfare.

As far as the child support not telling where TH is, that is their job. Privacy.

If he truly wanted to find him, the parents live in a town of 1000 something. There could be friends, relatives he could ask. He could look on people finding search engines.

A lot of people move mountains to find a child or even a parent, if adopted

I wonder if the bio dad had a dna test done at the time the SAPCR came up . Does anyone know ? If not, I'd be demanding one now. I think it was said that he did but I can't remember. Imagine that guy's mental state right now. I would definitely want dna to confirm this nightmare is true or to be able to walk away from it and have nothing else to do with it. I'm sure he got one though, after 15 yrs it is probably standard.

It was 2009 and he had a paternity test as he challenged it. So TH was 13. I wonder if he knew his father was fighting being his father?

This is IMO But I'm not real sure I likey this Mom.

Ill say this when looking at the Gallagher's I had one feeling towards them and had the opposite of her. You know that gut feeling of when you first see someone.

I could believe that whole tale of woe, but this is the way it works. Fathers pay child support whether they get to see the dhild or not.

If they want to see the child, they sue for visitation.

I have heard the whining about money story so much it does not even raise one bit of sympathy. The child had to eat, live somewhere, and go to the doctor. Wear clothes The money goes to the child in that respect alone.

Apparently the mother did it without getting an abortion or living on welfare.

BBM. All you have to do is claim you do not know who the father is. They will not go around giving DNA test to several men.

I find it hard to believe that she never had government help. Rent, utilities, and other necessities along with supporting at least one drug habit ( her and/or the boyfriends) I doubt they could make it on their own after being kicked out.

Ill say this when looking at the Gallagher's I had one feeling towards them and had the opposite of her. You know that gut feeling of when you first see someone.

BBM. All you have to do is claim you do not know who the father is. They will not go around giving DNA test to several men.

I find it hard to believe that she never had government help. Rent, utilities, and other necessities along with supporting at least one drug habit ( her and/or the boyfriends) I doubt they could make it on their own after being kicked out.

I'm not currently practicing law but I practiced law for many years in Texas and I handled a lot of these cases.

They do give DNA tests to numerous men if someone claims they don't know who the father is.

I have been in numerous courts where this has happened, both as an attorney and as a court appointed advocate for the child.

I remember one particular case that I was representing the child and three possible fathers had to come to court.

In that case, just going on facial features it was obvious to me who the bio dad was and I was correct, lol.

I know in the state where I live that you WILL name the father in order to get assistance. This money comes from the taxpayer and it is expected that responsible parties will kick in their share.

I have been retired for a couple of years so I do not know if things have changed, but in my state, the potential father pays for the DNA test.

I worked with a couple of mothers who had a choice of a few guys and maybe a couple who honestly did not know who the father was.

GG is maybe three years older than KH?

If she was close enough to have a child with him when they were teens then she probably knew enough information about him to open the file.

She would know his full name and even maybe where he was born. Possible BD too. Name of parents or siblings perhaps. The CSR find those who are suppose to be paying child support no matter what part of the country they may have moved to.
IMO

Well, that's why I said we don't know enough to be sure what was going on. If it was a high school sweetheart relationship, yes, I would imagine she would know stuff like that, but we don't know how long it lasted, how they met - anything AFAIK - although it looks like he was a bit older than she was. It could have been a pretty casual relationship or just a one-time thing. As a comparison, I was adopted, and my birth mother didn't know much about my father - nothing like middle name, home town (approx region only), parents' details - and they had dated for a few months.

I don't think we know enough about the GG/KH relationship to understand why she didn't claim child support earlier. Maybe he was already married, or moved away with no forwarding address before she knew herself?

First I want to say "Welcome to WS"!

I'm a few pages behind, so forgive me if this has already been put out there.

Basically, just jumping off of your post with a few thoughts.

If TH's mother was an unwed teen when she got pregnant (even if she wasn't a teen), chances are that she received Medicaid to cover the cost of the pregnancy and birth. She may have received a whole lot of other government benefits like food stamps and WIC.

If she never asked for cash assistance, welfare would not have required her to identify the father. She could have had a job and if it netted her below a certain amount of money, she could continue to receive those benefits.

I briefly researched the assistance requirements in Texas and found that she could have been receiving CHIP (government health insurance for children) for Tyler as he grew up if she was perhaps earning more money than would allow for her eligibility for welfare.

MAYBE, when TH was 13 yrs. old, KH was earning too much for any/all government benefits and decided that it was the time to start asking GG to share in the financial support of Tyler.

Basically, what I'm saying is that she was under the radar fiscally and collecting some form of government benefits for Tyler (and, perhaps herself). Once she was making too much money for that aide, she contacted GG.

Just a thought.

It was 2009 and he had a paternity test as he challenged it. So TH was 13. I wonder if he knew his father was fighting being his father?

What if 13 was when TH was really getting out of control/dropped out of school, and she was desperate for a male presence or just parenting help?

TH was 13 when she went for child support

Thank you, Midwestmama, for confirming that the line of conversation between you and me that the OP put a spotlight on no way, no how connected ADHD with criminal tendencies.

Although I replied to the OP's post pointing that out, I have still been smarting from the implication -- thinking, well, wow, great, now everybody who hits that first post, with my earlier, innocuous post (which did not even address ADHD except to say that I did not think blurting was limited to ADHD, much less mention rape or murder) quoted as the jump-off spot -- well, they're going to be thinking "What in the world awful, horrendous thing did Backwoods SAY...?"

I know it's silly for me to have let it keep worrying me, but hey, I can be hypersensitive that way sometimes.

So thank you for clarifying the nature of our posts a little further! :seeya:

It really wasn't your post specifically. I have just seen many posts here at WS (as another poster mentioned) which insinuate or outright connect ADHD and deviant behavior. I was really just trying to address that before yet another thread became a dialogue likening ADHD with violence. I'm sorry! :truce:

What if 13 was when TH was really getting out of control/dropped out of school, and she was desperate for a male presence or just parenting help?

13 can be a very difficult age. Maybe she needed the money for other programs or services for TH? There are just to many unknown variables. Maybe she had her own reasons for not choosing to have his father in his life. Maybe she could not locate him. A couple sentences in MSM just aren't much to go on.

There are to many unknowns about TH's life with all the silence. Who knows what his mother did or didn't try to do about his behavior. It can only be speculated because he escalated to this extent.

I do wonder about the guns and the permit that his mother had. Could the weapons have anything to do with her fearing for her own safety because of his actions and possible associates?

What do you do with a 17, almost 18 year old large violent son that you are legally responsible for until they turn 18? Send them away somewhere? Wait until they turn 18 and throw them out? Did TH have any support system at all throughout his life? All single mothers need a good support system. Not all parents will seek out support systems for their children. That's why it is so important for communities to reach out to those that they see are in need. It has to be done for the sake of the children and to prevent tragedies such as this. Intervention of troubled youth should be a top priority.

TH was 13 when she went for child support

Thanks for that clarification.

<edited as may be considered sleuthing KH>

Tyler's home @ 649 BB Dr. was purchased in 2008.

Child support was sought in 2009.

I wonder if he knew his father was fighting being his father?

IMO that isn't fighting being a father. It's more like being reassured biologically you are the father. Heck, Maury could have told the guy.

Honestly how many people out there never had a father and didn't commit a horrific, unspeakable crime against a little girl?

This murderer was a mess. How he got that way? The end of the story is a little girl is dead, and never got to live her lovely life. Her family and community mourns and the murderers "father" gets outed years later by some man who kicked his DD out along with her young son years ago.

Which car did TH drive? I thought it was the Dodge, but they did a search warrant on the KIA. Thanks.

Which car did TH drive? I thought it was the Dodge, but they did a search warrant on the KIA. Thanks.

The Dodge has been identified as Tyler's, but surveillance footage from the neighborhood indicates the Dodge did not leave the street that day. Since Alanna's body was found at the intersection of two other streets in the neighborhood, the KIA -- which apparently must have left the street that day, Mom going to work or whatever, we're not sure of the details -- was the remaining family car to search.

I don't think he was fighting being his father. In fact I was under the impression he did try to get to know him. I'll have to look for the link.
Didn't she buy the house when TH was in 5th grade? She couldn't do that if she was collecting welfare.
Child support is just that.... support for the child. How can you support a child you don't know you have for 12 or 13 years that are already gone? My opinion is, if she would have filed sooner, GG would've known about his son sooner. Trust me, if he pays taxes then the government will know where to find him.
Maybe she was tired of working the long hours she apparently worked and thought to seek support.
As for now, I don't think he should have to pay a dime since TH's arrest.
MOO

The Dodge has been identified as Tyler's, but surveillance footage from the neighborhood indicates the Dodge did not leave the street that day. Since Alanna's body was found at the intersection of two other streets in the neighborhood, the KIA -- which apparently must have left the street that day, Mom going to work or whatever, we're not sure of the details -- was the remaining family car to search.

Thanks, that is what I thought. I would have thought they would have issued a search warrant on both vehicles though.

Maybe mom was uncertain about paternity.
We dont know the history do we? Maybe she had been collecting child support from someone else and it was discovered he wasnt the bio dad.
I dont know. ....just throwing out some options for the timing of seeking this child support.

In Texas, a DNA test is required for single parents. (The father's DNA test is required, that is.) In filing, it would have been found out if the man wasn't the bio father. She could not have been collecting support from someone else, unless it was a private agreement with a man, and not through the state.

I don't think he was fighting being his father. In fact I was under the impression he did try to get to know him. I'll have to look for the link.
Didn't she buy the house when TH was in 5th grade? She couldn't do that if she was collecting welfare.
Child support is just that.... support for the child. How can you support a child you don't know you have for 12 or 13 years that are already gone? My opinion is, if she would have filed sooner, GG would've known about his son sooner. Trust me, if he pays taxes then the government will know where to find him.
Maybe she was tired of working the long hours she apparently worked and thought to seek support.
As for now, I don't think he should have to pay a dime since TH's arrest.
MOO

She could have been receiving food stamps, medical insurance for TH, and other benefits. Welfare is separate from those. There are MANY first time home buyer programs, housing assistant programs, etc...for people of a lower income bracket. (Not poverty line lower, but not quite middle class. There are even more programs for very poor.) When my son was a baby, we went through a home buyers program here. (I live about 15 minutes away from their neighborhood.) Technically, our income was low enough to qualify for food stamps and other aide. If we chose to use that aide (we didn't want or need to) it would NOT have affected getting a mortgage loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mechahendrix