GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To locals: Is this story big news in the DFW area? I ask because Dallas is where I'm from originally and my family had no idea this happened. It seems weird to me, almost like her murder isn't being noticed. Thoughts?

I don't think it's big news outside of saginaw. I moved from Arlington, and my friends heard the initial news about it but aren't really following it.

I wish LE would communicate just a little bit more with the public so the news outlets will have new stuff to report. :-/

TP cores can be used for lots of crafts, and for storing yarn. I have a stash of about a dozen for making Christmas Crackers.

You're not a hoarder, :) but hoarding does occur in about 4% of the population. There's 6 million hoarders in the USA. Paper products (newspapers, magazines, and books) are probably the most common things to hoard, but boxes, take-out containers, and clothes are typical, too.

http://www.bu.edu/today/2010/when-stuff-takes-over/

To locals: Is this story big news in the DFW area? I ask because Dallas is where I'm from originally and my family had no idea this happened. It seems weird to me, almost like her murder isn't being noticed. Thoughts?

Yes , initially , but seems to be very small coverage now. We've had the sad misfortune of having 2 rather big political stories dominate the news for quite a few days now, locally.

No, just the cost of the time to design a nice diploma and the cost of paper and ink.

I am springing for a professionally done framing, however,

Decisions decisions decisions on the frame type. Simple or ornate? Black or gold?

So far my office is very simple. Just a chair and a scale. But as my patient base increases, I plan on upgrading.

See? It's not so simple to be a doctor, now is it!
OT

I had to leave for a couple of hours, so I apologize if this subject has been finished for a long time. I found it hard to find a school that offered any kind of Doctorate program that was completely online. How did you manage to do the clinical hours, Internship, etc. online? I'm also curious to know what kind of doctor you are/will be since I've been told that a medical doctor can't be trained completely online. Education is one of my biggest passions, and I always love to learn about new methods, programs, processes, etc. since I can't attend regular classes anymore. TIA

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ation-daughters-murder.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

He said he saw a tarp in the middle of an intersection, tightly rapped with a belt.

bbm

Ms Whiddon told KDFW-TV that the girl was naked except for a bear of purple underwear and her hands and feet were bound. She had a plastic grocery bag over her head.

So when we look at the tarp pic, the kids took the belt off? That seems weird.

But what is the story as what appears to be red tape on the tarp?

I know they could not undo duct tape. Not possible.

So, the kids took the belt off, unrolled the tarp then found the garbage bag and ? Her head and legs were visible?

I, too, remember that more stuff was found further down the road. But if it was something to do with this, who knows .

I think FBI must have been called in right away because they had no idea who this child was.

No one had been reported missing. And the sheer brutality of it. Hands and feet taped. Bag over head. Found in road. Could be from anywhere.

OT

I had to leave for a couple of hours, so I apologize if this subject has been finished for a long time. I found it hard to find a school that offered any kind of Doctorate program that was completely online. How did you manage to do the clinical hours, Internship, etc. online? I'm also curious to know what kind of doctor you are/will be since I've been told that a medical doctor can't be trained completely online. Education is one of my biggest passions, and I always love to learn about new methods, programs, processes, etc. since I can't attend regular classes anymore. TIA

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'll let the poster answer this one, but I think they were just kidding!

Outside of here in Saginaw, I don't feel like most people in the metroplex know or care. There has been NO mention of it in my local DFW mommy/play groups. I'm baffled by that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm not in Saginaw, but close. This happened night before we left for 4OJ. I worked that day and am not usually cruising the interwebz except for work and didn't hear about this until 10 o'clock news, but it bothered me deeply as my kiddos are very young.....and being mom of a little girl these stories always bother me. This was too close. There have been lots of abduction attempts lately (I posted some in #3 thread).

We left next day so I followed on internet (which is how I stumbled upon this site). Haven't seen much but blips since we returned yesterday. And locals I've talked to seem kind of vaguely aware.

Unfortunately, it seems you're more sensitive to it the closer you are in geography and children (esp girls) the same age.

I just love children's imagination! If only I could be half as content with nothing more than TP!

It's hilarious. My friends see her leaping over stuff and are convinced she's going to the olympics as a hurdler, not as a jumping horse haha!

Kidding? Perhaps you would like to come to my office and check it out. Now I have cotton balls and tongue depressors. EUC ( excellent used condition)

I put the stuff about being a dr because we have to be verified to give expert opinion. I have no qualifications whatsoever to give opinions on anything, so I had to do SOMETHING!

Oops! :blushing: I have known a couple of doctors in my life that I swore got their degrees out of a Cracker Jack's box, so you never know. Okay, I never know - do I win the Miss Gullible award for 2013?

Kidding? Perhaps you would like to come to my office and check it out. Now I have cotton balls and tongue depressors. EUC ( excellent used condition)

I put the stuff about being a dr because we have to be verified to give expert opinion. I have no qualifications whatsoever to give opinions on anything, so I had to do SOMETHING!

I have qualifications, but no job so I can't be verified. I've never felt so much like a cow as I have since coming here - MOO!

I'm looking forward to the reports from the truck and sandbag experimenters.

Keep in mind that a sandbag may settle into the grooves in the bedliner, thus giving it more 'sticking' power.

Also, consider that, if she fell from the truck, it might not have been just acceleration, but, also centrifugal force. So, in your experiments, try accelerating while making a 90 degree turn.

Outside of here in Saginaw, I don't feel like most people in the metroplex know or care. There has been NO mention of it in my local DFW mommy/play groups. I'm baffled by that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm out in California and there's no mention about this.....nothing. I would have thought Nancy Grace would have come up for air from the Martin/Zimmerman trial to do a couple minute bit on it but she hasn't done that yet. I'm shocked because Nancy is usually all over these types of cases. I found out about Alanna from The Daily News based out of the UK.

bold by me

Do you think a velcro belt could be considered a "restraint"?

it could, but no more or less than a regular belt. i just thought id mention it, as that is what i think of when i hear "mens belt"!

The "fell off a truck" explanation has just never felt right to me. No, I do not have a plausible alternative explanation (meaning I can't make a strong argument that a predator placed her there on purpose, either).

I am sickened and shocked.

This brutal issue has not even made a blip in a city a few miles away?

I have not read about it in our paper.

It is so commonplace now that it has to be so shocking to get people's attention?

The two girls lived in West Ft. Worth, TX. That's very close to Saginaw. 5 miles or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member