GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believe Alanna was taken in a car (killed in another?) based on this car info now. JMO

That could very well be and that makes my stomach hurt.
I hope this innocent child wasn't hurt by 2 people. :please:

<snip> burning her memorial (not buying the accident either) the same day, or within 2 days, of it being moved by their home and then setting their car & garage on fire. It seems the most likely of reasons now.

I had just mentioned them moving her memorial on here the same day of the fire. I had seen it in the old location 2 days earlier, but hadn't driven that way since. Does anyone know the exact date it was moved? Maybe the timing of it was part of the message

RSBM, BBM

I am not buying the memorial blaze being accidental either. Too coincidental that it happens the same night as the arson.

When the memorial was further away, it would be riskier to set both fires. There's the chance of an LE or FD encounter while setting the second blaze if someone notices the first blaze quickly and dials 911.

It seemed like an odd coincidence that the fires were set soon after LE announced they were releasing pics. But maybe the trigger was moving the memorial closer to Alanna's house. In that case, the timing of the LE announcement was just a coincidence.

But, I don't "get" why anyone would burn the memorial. So unless we are talking some type of crazy, I don't understand why someone would jump on the opportunity to burn both the car and the memorial in relative safety after the memorial was moved.

I think there's a general fear investigators have especially but not solely in high profile violent crimes of not being able to get a conviction on a suspect to the point that they hold back pertinent information to the detriment of society itself. Why in the world would they just now be releasing the pictures of the two cars in question? surely they realize that the potential witnesses are not bound to keep checking the status of murder investigations on a daily basis waiting on LE to release certain aspects of cases that might lead to someone coming forward. Memory's fade, people move on. Its pissed me of forever the way they don't rely more on the public to help them come to a resolution. It also has to do with the "we know more about how to do this than the public so just sit there and be silent until we call on you" LOL.
This attitude contributes to more cases going unsolved than anything else I can think of. Investigators are human which means they are fallible, No matter how good you are at something there's always someone somewhere that can do it better. I've always been pro LE but I also feel criticism is healthy and one of the only ways to bring change.

I agree. This was mentioned here at WS yesterday, why did LE wait to release the pictures? Another thing, where is the red truck that was mentioned after Alanna was first found? Is that now viewed as not important?

I know 19 days isn't a long time to investigate and locate a perp..But I worry.Like so many other murder cases I've followed, a case can go cold.
Praying for an arrest....moo

What if both cars belonged to the killer? Maybe one was used to scope the area and the other to commit the crime. That would explain the time lapse between the photos.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

What really strikes me about both cars is that they are so nondescript. Both are dark with either no hubcaps or dark hubcaps. Nothing about either seems to stand out, at least in these photos.

Day of disappearance/death:

The pictures were taken around the time 6 year-old Alanna Gallagher’s body was found about three weeks ago.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/19/new-info-in-saginaw-child-murder-investigation/

Even this is a confusing statement: "....around the time......body was found....."

The time her body was found is around or slightly after 7:00pm based on 911 calls and time LE arrived on scene @ Cindy Lane. I don't know everything, but I do know that the oak trees in my yard are casting some mighty long shadows come 7pm.

Even this is a confusing statement: "....around the time......body was found....."

The time her body was found is around or slightly after 7:00pm based on 911 calls and time LE arrived on scene @ Cindy Lane. I don't know everything, but I do know that the oak trees in my yard are casting some mighty long shadows come 7pm.

Same day, but time is deliberately vague, IMO.

Similar vagueness re whether or not vehicles were captured on tape leaving the neighborhood:

"Most vehicles come into the neighborhood and leave," said Officer Damon Ing, a spokesman for the Saginaw Police Department. "These for some reason do not."

Police said the dark-colored four-door vehicle and dark-colored two-door car seen in the pictures lingered in the area for some time.

http://www.wfaa.com/home/Saginaw-po...ch-for-suspects-in-girls-death-216222331.html

I think it just means these cars were in the neighborhood on the day she was murdered. IMO.

I know this has been discussed but -

That second picture with the purple blob? That looks just like someone leaning forward to open the back car door.

We still don't know what Alanna was wearing, do we? Maybe that's why...maybe she was wearing a purple jumper and the abduction was caught on camera....

:please:

ETA: wasn't purple her favourite colour?

Someone earlier stated that LE has some kind of books that show every model of car and the type of paint, etc.

I think they know 100% what make, model and year these cars are . It would be simple for someone into it.

Just like someone knows the batting average, year , uniform, team, stats of baseball players, someone is an expert on cars

That was me. I meant a database, books are oldschool.....lol
But yes, police get information from the car manufacturers every year on makes, models, paint colors, etc.

I know this has been discussed but -

That second picture with the purple blob? That looks just like someone leaning forward to open the back car door.

We still don't know what Alanna was wearing, do we? Maybe that's why...maybe she was wearing a purple jumper and the abduction was caught on camera....

:please:

ETA: wasn't purple her favourite colour?

Somewhere up thread, LDHummingbird said Alanna was wearing a light pink shirt.

I think it just means these cars were in the neighborhood on the day she was murdered. IMO.

First please know that I'm not being short with you, I just find this incredibly annoying and if I was to be this vague in my job I wouldn't have been around long........

To me, there's a difference between "day of" and "around the time", with the latter being a bit more specific. Furthermore, is a car(s) on Babbling Brook "around the time" her body was found a mile away on Cindy Lane significant? If so, why? Wouldn't cars on Cindy Lane/Round Rock be more significant "around the time" her body was found?

IF there is only one home w/ cameras on the north end of Babbling Brook and these cars came in from the north (keep in mind house/camera faces east) and exited on the south end, is it even significant that they didn't see them come back the way they came? Is there another reason they know that they lingered (i.e., other surveillance in other parts of the neighborhood, for example).

Sorry, but the horrible communication from LE & MSM is getting very annoying. Details DO matter. And you won't catch a Great White tossing out minnows.....

Agree that the first car is a Mitsubishi Lancer. Large spoiler and silver thingy behind the front wheel well (as pointed out brilliantly by a poster yesterday!). This one is a 2012 Lancer Evolution GSR.

-132963380638501884_2

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/files/2013/07/SaginawCar.jpg

Murder could very well be crime of opportunity. She was allowed to roam the neighborhood. She was not supervised while outside. Somebody who either lives there or drove by could have seen her and snatched her.
Fire could be work of somebody unrelated, who maybe become angry after information over the lifestyle came out.

yep, I agree.

Not buying into the candle accidentally set the memorial on fire thing unless firer starter ran by the memorial to get away knocking the candle over.

Had just the memorial caught fire I would buy into it. We have seen that happen before.

Whats next. Graffiti on the walls?
Hard to accept for now, that all the LEOs are stumped on this one.

Pretty soon we will have to start thinking outside the box. For everything inside the box for now that they have contemplated has not resulted in the arrest of someone.

Again, it would be nice if they would focus on clearing the family. In the Jessica Ridgeway case they were able to announce that the parents were cleared very early on, it was nice to finally have that on a case so we could focus on other options. When statistics say look at the family first, then police need to clear them so EVERYONE can start thinking about who else could have done it. If everyone in the neighborhood suspects the parents are they even giving a second thought to what they may have seen that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm