GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone up above ( sorry not to give credit, but I cannot find it right now), said they feel that the car was not the target for the fire. They feel that a device was thrown at the house and it rolled under the car.

I agree with that.

This perp is very brave and maybe stupid. He knows there are cameras all over.

If he walked with the device, I would think a camera caught it.

Throwing something out of a car window , I feel is difficult. You don't have enough room to make a good toss.

So, it may have been two people. A driver and a thrower,

I think a car would be caught on camera as well.

Starting a car on fire in not that easy. You can google the reasons and if it is not on purpose, it is a failure in the system of the car, such as electrical.

BBM: Brave and Stupid..BINGO! I also believe the firebug was on foot, like a close neighbor who is young, brave and stupid and wasn't aware of the video set-ups some neighbors had. The car pict's weren't released until after the firebug incident. Even if they were aware of the vid surveillance, they could have hopped fences in the backyards...just saying.

On another note: Cars that "linger" sometimes are for little drug drop offs or pick ups. Happens in the nicest neighborhoods.

I think the passenger front window is also down in the first car photo.

BBM: Brave and Stupid..BINGO! I also believe the firebug was on foot, like a close neighbor who is young, brave and stupid and wasn't aware of the video set-ups some neighbors had. The car pict's weren't released until after the firebug incident. Even if they were aware of the vid surveillance, they could have hopped fences in the backyards...just saying.

On another note: Cars that "linger" sometimes are for little drug drop offs or pick ups. Happens in the nicest neighborhoods.

They are also "lingering" if they are dropping off a carpool of kids after a birthday party, or swim team, or dance, or soccer, or cheerleading practice, etc. I have made "loops" or backtracked around a neighborhood simply because of the way the kids loaded themselves into the car.....taking the person closest to the door first and then looping back toward the entrance of the area to let off the person stuck in the back corner of the van, or the middle of the car seat. After a few minutes at each house to unload the kid, visit with the mom etc. I'm sure it would appear that I was "lingering" in a car that didn't belong to anyone in their neighborhood.

Coincidences happen but it seems like a stretch to me that one night a family who just lost a daughter to murder can have an arson torch their car and possibly edge of garage and at the same time the memorial to that daughter a couple of houses away can accidentally burn because of a candle.

They are also "lingering" if they are dropping off a carpool of kids after a birthday party, or swim team, or dance, or soccer, or cheerleading practice, etc. I have made "loops" or backtracked around a neighborhood simply because of the way the kids loaded themselves into the car.....taking the person closest to the door first and then looping back toward the entrance of the area to let off the person stuck in the back corner of the van, or the middle of the car seat. After a few minutes at each house to unload the kid, visit with the mom etc. I'm sure it would appear that I was "lingering" in a car that didn't belong to anyone in their neighborhood.

This is true, raeann. I have also "lingered" in my car in various neighborhoods waiting to pick-up my non driving teenaged son waiting for him to come out of a party or friends house.

Since LE spoke with neighbors, I think that the type of "lingering" you and I just referred to was probably ruled out. It's kind of high profile loading/unloading kids into a van for various functions. IMO

Coincidences happen but it seems like a stretch to me that one night a family who just lost a daughter to murder can have an arson torch their car and possibly edge of garage and at the same time the memorial to that daughter a couple of houses away can accidentally burn because of a candle.

Not a coincidence IMHO.
A candle accidently starting a fire maybe, but not the same night time as as an arson attempted to intentionally set their car on fire.
Something is amiss.
Either an angry neighbor or crazy religious zealot/nut condemning the families unusual living arrangement or a brazen psychopath intending to kill the family.
Or the killer, a brazen psychopath. Did he want attention or did he intend to murder the family because. they may know him/her?

Except that LE has interviewed people living there. I could easily say, "Oh yeah. That's my friend Sue & she was picking up/dropping off kids.....". Assuming they meant linger as it's defined, it doesn't appear they had any business being there, i.e. don't live there, weren't visiting someone, dropping off/picking up things/persons.

I've lingered in neighborhoods / developments just killing time, making an important phone call, lost and digging my gps out of the glove box and punching in address or cross streets of my intended destination etc. I wouldn't likely even remember.

Maybe its already been said but the two cars to me look like a early to mid 90's Mitsubishi Galant and a late 2000's Mitsubishi Lancer.

I think the newer car looks like a Toyota Corolla. I'm not sure of the year, but it looks very similar to the Corolla my mother used to own. I'll call and see if she remembers the year.

Not a coincidence IMHO.
A candle accidently starting a fire maybe, but not the same night time as as an arson attempted to intentionally set their car on fire.
Something is amiss
Either an angry neighbor or crazy religious zealot/nut condemning the families unusual living arrangement or a brazen psychopath intending to kill the family.
Or the killer, a brazen psychopath. Did he want attention or did he intend to murder the family because. they may know him/her?

BBM: ITA.

All valid thoughts. Scary for sure.

You would think that if LE is saying that this is an isolated incident (the murder of Alanna), that they have someone in their sights. If they have someone in their sights, wouldn't they be watching that person?

This leads me to believe that whoever they are watching isn't in THAT immeadiate area or they would have seen them commit the arson.

Either that, or they really don't have a clue.

:notgood:

In another case, some of us discovered that our potential victim (who had a rather unusual lifestyle) had friends <modsnip>. I have to wonder if the fires are a warning to Alanna's parents to keep their mouths shut about anything they might know about their acquaintances' <modsnip>.

In another case, some of us discovered that our potential victim (who had a rather unusual lifestyle) had friends <modsnip>. I have to wonder if the fires are a warning to Alanna's parents to keep their mouths shut <modsnip>.

I have thought this, as well. <modsnip> However, I think these "alternative" lifestyles open pandoras box for some. It's the tip of the iceberg for them, so to speak. Like I said, I am in no way saying her parents are these people. Rather, perhaps there are some people who the are familiar with, who are much more sinister.

Not a coincidence IMHO.
Something is amiss.

At first I thought there's no way anyone would murder Alanna because of her parents' lifestyle, but there's just something about burning her memorial (not buying the accident either) the same day, or within 2 days, of it being moved by their home and then setting their car & garage on fire. It seems the most likely of reasons now.

I had just mentioned them moving her memorial on here the same day of the fire. I had seen it in the old location 2 days earlier, but hadn't driven that way since. Does anyone know the exact date it was moved? Maybe the timing of it was part of the message

Personally, jmoo, I dont think the security camera footage was meant to be spoken about at all.

It wasn't until the FBI Officer told the guy (resident) who had the gun pulled on him by a Police Officer when he was backing out of his driveway, that they were looking for a car like his that was spotted on Security camera in the street.
Up until that time there had been no mention of street camera footage or other cars - just the red truck.
It was the resident who had the gun pulled on him that made that statement after the media learn he had made a complaint about the Police, and it was the media that printed it.

I think the Police were holding back on that info.

LE asked for any surveillance film, etc Somewhere there was a an article how LE was reviewing a ton of videos

Murder could very well be crime of opportunity. She was allowed to roam the neighborhood. She was not supervised while outside. Somebody who either lives there or drove by could have seen her and snatched her.
Fire could be work of somebody unrelated, who maybe become angry after information over the lifestyle came out.

Considering police confiscated all computers, I am not sure what good it would do for someone to burn the car down in an effort to get the parents to keep their mouth shut. Too late for that since police have all the computers.

In another case, some of us discovered that our potential victim (who had a rather unusual lifestyle) had friends from that lifestyle who were also into some seriously "dark" things. I have to wonder if the fires are a warning to Alanna's parents to keep their mouths shut about anything they might know about their acquaintances' "dark lifestyles."

If so, I hope it has the opposite effect. I know it would on me, of course I'd have been singing like a canary about any/everyone possible from day one. But you do this to my kid and then try to intimidate me into silence......aw, hell no. Gloves off!

Considering police confiscated all computers, I am not sure what good it would do for someone to burn the car down in an effort to get the parents to keep their mouth shut. Too late for that since police have all the computers.

I don't really think it was a shut your mouth type of thing. I think it was someone they were acquainted with in someway tormenting them.

There's not necessarily anything on the computers to implicate someone, though. It could be purely suspicion or word-of-mouth knowledge (or even rumor) that the parents have heard about someone.

I hope the parents have delved into every little corner of their brains as to who they know that has cars similar to the ones in the pix...including any passing convos they had with people at RFs, etc.

ETA: One reason I lean toward the "keep your mouth shut" scenario is that the memorial was burned. Even people seeking "vengeance" against the parents "on behalf of the child" would be reluctant to torch the memorial, IMO. Someone involved in the murder of the child would have no such hesitation, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx