TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo, I think the "sighting" is a false lead. I think she was abducted by someone like Mickey Shunick's killer, unfortunately. I can understand her parents wanting to believe the trafficking option instead.

I watched Last Seen Alive tonight. Did the show take some liberties in leading us to believe Ali was seen in Columbus OH? Is the detective 100% confident she saw Ali? Why would they publicize the sighting if it was her? Now she has most likely been moved somewhere else. Possibly out of state.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I watched Last Seen Alive tonight. Did the show take some liberties in leading us to believe Ali was seen in Columbus OH? Is the detective 100% confident she saw Ali? Why would they publicize the sighting if it was her? Now she has most likely been moved somewhere else. Possibly out of state.

I looked up more info after the show, and no, it has not been confirmed to be Ali. A girl who looks like her. That is all they know. Police raided the house this year but she was not found.

It was stated that the lead came from a credible undercover officer, who saw a girl that looked way too young to be on the streets, saw Ali's photo and believes it was her.

I really think this could be an actual lead. Sure it's easy to say BSL is probably the perp, but what physical evidence was found that brought us to that conclusion? What evidence was found to lead us to foul play? Nothing was ever found. It is like she just vanished. And that's the big difference between Ali and Mickey's cases. There was tons of evidence connecting BSL to the murder of Mickey, anything that "connects" BSL to Ali's case is purely circumstantial.

I think the PI is on the right path.

Ali would be twenty by now or thereabouts, I believe. I don't know if at a glance she would come off as "way too young for the streets?

After watching the show I know really think Ali was in Columbus. I mean is it really that likely that the one girl Brenda was talking ahout another Ali from Texas with the same chicken pox scar in the middle of her forehead. What worries me is that Ali has either been sold to a pimp elsewhere or killed as she got beat up by her pimp really badly for refusing to go with Amber. Also sex traffickers do NOT want girls who are being actively searched for by LE enforcement like medium or high class missing persons cases such as Ali. There might be a John who will give LE a tip just for the money that they saw a missing girl or women there. JMO and :twocents:.

How was it that the other girl was able to meet with the PI in privacy? That kind of did not make sense to me.

I really did not care for the way the PI referred to the girl as "Ali" when she had not so much as seen her, had no confirmation whatsoever. Some of it seemed to be done to heighten the drama of the show. Overall, I wish Ali's case had been presented by a "better" show, this was kind of a low-rent "Disappeared" but I do understand families have to take what they can get.

I just don't think the answer is there in Ohio, or ever was, but JMO.

I know the PI posted here once or twice so I have refrained from posting my opinion on the episode until now. Out of the four cases shown on Last Seen Alive so far, Ali's was the only episode that gave me a weird feeling. I'm not sure if it was the way it was filmed, the PI herself or a combination of it all but it just felt odd. It really bothered me that the PI got back in the car and said she saw Ali in the crack house. She better have been 1000% sure before saying that to Ali's grief stricken parents. And then coming back to the room the second time and stating Ali had just been beat up by her pimp! My heart broke for her parents. The statement was so blunt.

I kind of feel as if her episode was over dramatized. Like the "reality" show you find out us actually scripted. The only people I felt were genuine were the parents.

I'm having a hard time articulating my feelings on the episode but it's bothered me ever since it aired.

I hope I'm wrong but I had to say how I felt especially after reading cluciano63's post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether you all liked the "last seen alive" episode or not, it has done some good; yesterday there was a FB post regarding calling/texting/emailing the PI as there was an abundance of tips flowing in due to the airing of Ali's episode.

The episode did exactly what it was supposed to do, and that was to have people focus on Ali's disappearance. Good job!!

Whether you all liked the "last seen alive" episode or not, it has done some good; yesterday there was a FB post regarding calling/texting/emailing the PI as there was an abundance of tips flowing in due to the airing of Ali's episode.

The episode did exactly what it was supposed to do, and that was to have people focus on Ali's disappearance. Good job!!
Lots of questions on here. I'll log on tonight and try to clear some of this up. But plainly, the girl we were looking for was found two months later. She was another lookalike. There was two of them actually. And as for Amber, I knew she was taking about "Ohio" Ali but the show did not convey this...

I felt same way, 100% agree. It had a Finding Bigfoot feel to it. Meaning overly dramatic and down right wrong. I would have jumped up and down with excitement if the PI told me it was my daughter. It seemed like a staged show. On the other hand any kind of focus on the case is good and might bring in good tips.

I felt same way, 100% agree. It had a Finding Bigfoot feel to it. Meaning overly dramatic and down right wrong. I would have jumped up and down with excitement if the PI told me it was my daughter. It seemed like a staged show. On the other hand any kind of focus on the case is good and might bring in good tips.

I can see why it would have that feel. I lived it only to see it cut down from 4 days worth of filming to 20 minutes.

I can see why it would have that feel. I lived it only to see it cut down from 4 days worth of filming to 20 minutes.
I've done anything like this before. But I wish they would've at least put an update at the end so there's not so much confusion. I've had people chastise me for airing the investigation saying it will put Ali in more danger and maybe even killed. Those of you that have been following the case know that we are very tight lipped about what we are working on.

I think it's amazing that the show brought Ali's case more exposure!

For some reason the show producers felt the need present Ali's case way different than the other episodes. Regardless, the exposure the show brought is necessary and hopefully leads to Ali being found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed it has. I received a tweet today about this case with the ID link.

My heart just breaks for these parents. They are incredible and will stop at nothing to bring Ali home. I too felt it a bit strange and staged. When Amber got into the car and proclaimed "I friggin saw Ali", it was at this point I felt it becoming over dramatized. But, this PI is a pit bull and you have to give her credit. I would certainly want her on my team and I truly believe she is not going to give up. God Bless all of them. This must be so difficult, but any and all attention and awareness of Ali is what is going to bring her home, so I hope they keep on pounding away at it, which I am certain they will.

Hi, Sleuths.

Found a page that discusses BSL.

First (but less important), believe that this page was referred to before, noting its extensive inaccuracies.

However, see recent discussion in the Comments section by a JL who asserts insider knowledge of BSL's life and who claims to have written a book on BSL.

I encouraged JL to share it with us at Websleuths, thinking that it could possibly contain clues about BSL's haunts that could lead to good places to search for the missing. :websleuther: Not sure if further encouragement would be an inducement.

Kinsey
PS Do not use your real name if you post here. I used my Websleuths name, and it was posted with a real thumbnail of me (not sure what the source was but oops!). Fortunately, thumbnail is tiny and can't be enlarged. (My post is awaiting moderation on the site and may not yet be visible...thanks!)

I hadn't heard of this guy until reading bullshark's post. I looked him up on google. Came up with a wiki link.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Keyes

I read through almost everything, and I did read that he apparently told police he had burglarized a home in Texas and set it on fire. They don't give a year for when that incident occurred, but it looks like it is bunched with other information that are dated with the year 2009.

"Keyes had ties to New York State, he owned 10 acres and a run down cabin in the Town of Constable. Keyes also confessed to bank robberies in New York and Texas. The FBI later confirmed that Keyes robbed the Community Bank branch in Tupper Lake, New York in April 2009. The FBI said that Keyes threatened people in the bank with a handgun, although there were no injuries. He also told authorities that he burglarized a Texas home and set it on fire."
Google Samantha Koenig.

re: Last Seen Alive; this program shows society the lengths the family and others will go to in their efforts to locate a missing person. The number of missing persons is mind boggling and we need the awareness and help of others to get the answers we seek.

In the Ohio airing; while it did not produce "our Ali", at least there were other victims out there that were set free ... and that is a wonderful outcome!

It is my hopes that this show acts as another outreach tool of getting Ali's story out there, and maybe someone can help us find her and bring her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487