Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m still considering her mother a reliable source until we have reason not to. She did speak to Tom directly.

Robinault told KPRC that she learned from her daughter’s husband, Tom Sharkey, and some of her friends that she was missing, and that the police had been notified.”

“Sharkey’s body was found about three miles from the couple’s apartment, which Robinault told KPRC her daughter had left after an argument. She left her car at home and apparently had no identification with her when she was found.”

Autopsy confirms Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey was strangled to death

IMHO there is no way she would have walked anywhere from her apartment. I grew up and live close to her apartment. It’s not a bad area but it’s definitely not a walking area. Most of Houston isnt. It’s too spread out. If she left my guess is she called someone to come get her or already had someone coming. Also. She could have gone to the lobby and called an Uber if she didn’t have her phone.

IMHO there is no way she would have walked anywhere from her apartment. I grew up and live close to her apartment. It’s not a bad area but it’s definitely not a walking area. Most of Houston isnt. It’s too spread out. If she left my guess is she called someone to come get her or already had someone coming. Also. She could have gone to the lobby and called an Uber if she didn’t have her phone.

I thought the husband said someone picked her up?

Interesting comments from Tony Leal. (Texas Rangers police, not the baseball team).

“The cause-of-death announcement came seven weeks after her body was discovered.”

“Seven weeks is not long," retired Chief of the Texas Rangers Tony Leal said.

“The Medical Examiner’s Office may have known it that night, they may have thought it that night, but they have things they need to rule out before they make that announcement," Leal said.

Some people get really happy during the holidays ... some people get really depressed, sometimes problems are exasperated," Leal said. “So all those things have to do with how you would look at this murder."

Autopsy: Alexis Sharkey was strangled, death ruled homicide | khou.com

Alexis Sharkey's autopsy reveals she was strangled to death | Daily Mail Online

Jan 19, 2021

38215126-9164979-Sharkey_vanished_on_November_27_after_allegedly_having_a_fight_w-m-95_1611088481009.jpg

[..]

Sharkey's mother said that her daughter 'had an argument' with her husband before leaving the house without her car.

Tom denied that he got into a fight with his wife the night she went missing.

He said that just before she disappeared, he urged his wife not to leave their home as she was 'under the influence' but he did not elaborate further.

'We didn't fight when she left,' he said. 'I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence. She left anyhow. This is where we're at.'

The husband denies there was a fight the night his wife left the apartment and I don't recall that AS and her mom talked on Friday to know that she had an argument with her husband before leaving home...o_O Hearsay? Bad reporting?

If there were defensive wounds present, I think I'd be more inclined to believe her attacker was in a rage but that does not seem to be the case here.

Who strangled AS?

The mystery continues...

MOO
And yet, in other news, he called one of her friend's BF and said they had an arugment. So, which is it...they did or they didn't ?? I hope LE was onto these discrepancies in these stories.
""
Turnbow said she first became aware of Sharkey’s disappearance the night before her body was found when her boyfriend received a call from Tom Sharkey, Alexis Sharkey’s husband.

“He just said, you know, ‘Lex, she left the house. We got into an argument. I don’t know what’s going on. Can you have the girls reach out to me?’”
‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer (click2houston.com)

I think you raise some very valid points. IMO, a social media influencer with 20K+ followers has a lot of exposure. I really hope women especially give special attention to their safety and consider what can happen when their virtual world crosses paths with the in-person world. MOO
20K is really not that much these days. It’s a decent follower count for a “normal” person, but I don’t think it’s a whole bunch for an influencer. It would be a lot for me, working a 9-5, not super good looking, etc.

But for someone like Alexis, I don’t think it’s a super large following. She was beautiful, fit, stylish, extroverted, etc. She used her social media for her work, didn’t she? I tend to agree with her mother, she really wasn’t an influencer or trying to be one. If she was trying to, I’m sure she would have way, way, way more followers.

And you really don’t need a bunch of followers on social media to have a stalker or someone obsessed with you, you just gotta be out there in the World. But yeah, having public social media accounts could’ve contributed to a stalker.

The thing is, I don’t think that had anything to do with her murder. It has to be someone close to her.

The fact that the persons that found her said the word “clean”, not a visible mark on her , she looked “placed” there. And I think I read in fetal position.
IOW..was not thrown down , discarded . Seems if it was stranger abduction there would be defensive wounds, bruising.
Possibly someone snapped in a fit of rage. The “placing” her there...no blanket, totally naked ..IMO is telling like Kat West murder.
God speed they find the responsible party.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/us-ne...-sharkeys-naked-body-clean-delicately-placed/

MOO

I’m still considering her mother a reliable source until we have reason not to. She did speak to Tom directly.

Robinault told KPRC that she learned from her daughter’s husband, Tom Sharkey, and some of her friends that she was missing, and that the police had been notified.”

“Sharkey’s body was found about three miles from the couple’s apartment, which Robinault told KPRC her daughter had left after an argument. She left her car at home and apparently had no identification with her when she was found.”

Autopsy confirms Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey was strangled to death

I have no problem believing mom. I do, however, have some trepidation about taking at face value the reporter's interpretation and presentation of the mom's remarks.

20K is really not that much these days. It’s a decent follower count for a “normal” person, but I don’t think it’s a whole bunch for an influencer. It would be a lot for me, working a 9-5, not super good looking, etc.

But for someone like Alexis, I don’t think it’s a super large following. She was beautiful, fit, stylish, extroverted, etc. She used her social media for her work, didn’t she? I tend to agree with her mother, she really wasn’t an influencer or trying to be one. If she was trying to, I’m sure she would have way, way, way more followers.

And you really don’t need a bunch of followers on social media to have a stalker or someone obsessed with you, you just gotta be out there in the World. But yeah, having public social media accounts could’ve contributed to a stalker.

The thing is, I don’t think that had anything to do with her murder. It has to be someone close to her.

Alexis was in an MLM. She wasn't really an influencer, per se. Not in the sense that she was trying to get advertising money for paid posts. She used her account for trying to sell her MLM product.

10,000 followers is about the point where you can begin making a profit with social media and around 100,000 followers is enough to start being completely self sufficient. Alexis would have been at a point where she'd put in a lot of hard work to get where she was and was moving into a phase where establishing her "brand" and sticking to it are vital, probably the highest priority in her life.

Whoever killed her I think was likely motivated by her brand turning out not to include them, barring the most common reasons anyone gets murdered - not that they are mutually exclusive.

Intresting now she has 74k.followers.

Also what's taking so long for an arrest? Do the cops really not know who did this? Or it's a process of going through proper procedure?
Definitely need to take their time, I don’t believe there’s a threat to the public so they need to get their ducks very neatly in a row! An acquittal would be the worst possible outcome here.

Intresting now she has 74k.followers.

Also what's taking so long for an arrest? Do the cops really not know who did this? Or it's a process of going through proper procedure?

What's taking so long for an arrest?

First, a judge is the decider to sign or not sign the arrest warrant. And probable cause requires more than a mere suspicion that a suspect committed a crime.

Reportedly, AS was last seen Friday evening by her husband when she allegedly leaped a patio fence and left in a vehicle that was not hers. The following morning, her naked body was found about 3 miles from their apartment.

To my knowledge, LE has not confirmed or discounted her husband's account. They're also not asking for any help from the public so I'd say they are still processing information already before them.

Nothing beats reading a thorough AWA where you know the DA has good evidence to move forward with. They only get one bite of the apple so important they take all the time necessary to get it right.

Last edited:
Have we heard any more details about her activity Thanksgiving Day after she left her friends house? I heard the interview with her friend who stated that Alexis left her car at the house (....”because Alexis would never drive and drive” sic) and went with a friend to the bar.

As far as “argument” or “fight” or “disagreement “ before Alexis left Friday night:

I don’t doubt that there was an argument if TS told her not to drive under the influence. If anyone has here has told a partner, spouse, friend or acquaintance that they shouldn’t drive due to alcohol or something else.......Boy Howdy!! We all know how that goes. I have literally wrestled the keys out of my friends hands, and by wrestled, I mean we both ended up on the floor of the bar. Luckily, this was a little bar like Cheers and everyone knew my name, but it was quite a tussle.

And yet, in other news, he called one of her friend's BF and said they had an arugment. So, which is it...they did or they didn't ?? I hope LE was onto these discrepancies in these stories.
""
Turnbow said she first became aware of Sharkey’s disappearance the night before her body was found when her boyfriend received a call from Tom Sharkey, Alexis Sharkey’s husband.

“He just said, you know, ‘Lex, she left the house. We got into an argument. I don’t know what’s going on. Can you have the girls reach out to me?’”
‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer (click2houston.com)
It's a problem, he said, she said, he said..
LE will no doubt have checked whether such a call occurred though so it's possible that the fact of a call having been made and received is verifiable, even if the content is not.

Have we heard any more details about her activity Thanksgiving Day after she left her friends house? I heard the interview with her friend who stated that Alexis left her car at the house (....”because Alexis would never drive and drive” sic) and went with a friend to the bar.

As far as “argument” or “fight” or “disagreement “ before Alexis left Friday night:

I don’t doubt that there was an argument if TS told her not to drive under the influence. If anyone has here has told a partner, spouse, friend or acquaintance that they shouldn’t drive due to alcohol or something else.......Boy Howdy!! We all know how that goes. I have literally wrestled the keys out of my friends hands, and by wrestled, I mean we both ended up on the floor of the bar. Luckily, this was a little bar like Cheers and everyone knew my name, but it was quite a tussle.
So true my former best friend owned top restaurants with bars:
I would get a call to pick her up several nights a week, because she could not walk to her car;
She eventually did drive right into a house, and thankfully nobody was hurt...
I tried to arrange an intervention for her, with several close friends, and she never talked to me again...
Without question she was the most beautiful woman in the state we resided in, sat on many committees, and resided in fully staffed mansions: When she was out and drinking she was easy to target and/or pick up...
Nobody knows what is going on in homes of people impaired with occasional or routine alcohol and/or drugs... MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back