Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
High-profile attorney Mark Geragos says husband of Alexis Sharkey is in a ‘catch-22 situation’ | Fox News

-HPD has not yet ruled it a homicide, according to the video linked here.

-The mom (and perhaps others) continue to assert "foul play" (but not homicide). “The way in which she was found – my child would never do that to herself. That doesn’t even make sense. That is absolutely foul play. There is nothing to me that suggests that this was an accident… I believe that in my mother’s gut.” Why would mom even use "accident" if there were any reason to suspect murder?

-Initial autopsy stated no obvious signs of injury or trauma.

-Delay in COD/MOD seems to indicate a wait for tox analysis.

-"We didn't fight when she left. I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence..." - Tom Sharkey

Seems like these point in the same direction, no?
@HouDat Where did you read this from your post? Is that in the video?
“Initial autopsy stated no obvious signs of injury or trauma.”

I am wondering if this line is confusing the initial description of her body at the scene Saturday AM with preliminary autopsy findings?

Houston PD / EMS reported no visible wounds when they first found her body Saturday AM, but as far as I know we haven’t heard any findings from the preliminary autopsy yet other than that foul play has not been ruled out, right?

@HouDat Where did you read this from your post? Is that in the video?
“Initial autopsy stated no obvious signs of injury or trauma.”

I am wondering if this line is confusing the initial description of her body at the scene Saturday AM with preliminary autopsy findings?

Houston PD / EMS reported no visible wounds when they first found her body Saturday AM, but as far as I know we haven’t heard any findings from the preliminary autopsy yet other than that foul play has not been ruled out, right?

Texas Instagram Model’s Husband Gets Death Threats As Foul Play Not Ruled Out In Preliminary Autopsy

"It remains unclear if Alexis Sharkey, 26, whose nude body was found alongside a Houston road on Nov. 28, was murdered. The Harris County Institute of Forensic Science said on Thursday that medical examiners who conducted the preliminary autopsy haven’t yet ruled out the possibility of some sort of foul play. A cause or manner of death hasn’t yet been released, and the full results of the autopsy are still pending, according to online records."

Only speculation, at this point.

"...under the influence..." is vague, and seems to be the source of the speculation.

Taken alone, that may or may not mean much. But in the context of the other bits of info I posted, along with what seemed to be an unhappy spot in her life, it certainly seems possible.

But I mean if we are suggesting a possible OD and being dumped, that’s more than just being drunk. That’s hard core drug use, typically. I feel like there would be some history. But this woman has an education, is a very active social media influencer and none of that points to serious drug use to me. It can, of course, but I’m not seeing how that speculation is warranted at this point.

But I mean if we are suggesting a possible OD and being dumped, that’s more than just being drunk. That’s hard core drug use, typically. I feel like there would be some history. But this woman has an education, is a very active social media influencer and none of that points to serious drug use to me. It can, of course, but I’m not seeing how that speculation is warranted at this point.

Casual drug users exist. Bad batch od’s do happen.
JMO

Right now, many people have been OD’ing on fentanyl without even knowing that they took the drug. Because of its prevalence, and it is dirt cheap - it has been mixed in with other drugs, and also disguised as other things. The problem arises when someone takes it as it is so much more potent than what they were expecting and they OD. It is a huge, huge increasing problem everywhere. A person could have a very light drug experience - even a first time with a friend, thinking they have a couple of pain pills, or a benzo and have a fatal reaction, so assuming a person who has OD’ed must have a druggie lifestyle is off the mark. With that, the fact she was found dumped, naked, without any visible or notable injuries makes it suspicious that she was possibly with a person who did not want to get caught with a person that had just died from an OD. Jmo, I haven’t ruled out anything, but certainly not this scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be misunderstanding here, but your statement

"Initial autopsy stated no obvious signs of injury or trauma.” is not anywhere in your link.

Your statement is not the same as

"medical examiners who conducted the preliminary autopsy haven’t yet ruled out the possibility of some sort of foul play. "

Texas Instagram Model’s Husband Gets Death Threats As Foul Play Not Ruled Out In Preliminary Autopsy

"It remains unclear if Alexis Sharkey, 26, whose nude body was found alongside a Houston road on Nov. 28, was murdered. The Harris County Institute of Forensic Science said on Thursday that medical examiners who conducted the preliminary autopsy haven’t yet ruled out the possibility of some sort of foul play. A cause or manner of death hasn’t yet been released, and the full results of the autopsy are still pending, according to online records."

I’m leaning toward an unintentional OD too. The person who may have supplied a substance could have thought they were helping out a friend, like take this to help you relax, and she had a bad reaction to it. I am curious if the autopsy did show something like possibly a heart attack but no obvious cause. Assuming otherwise healthy and fit 26 year olds don’t randomly have heart attacks or whatever cause without an underlying disease. Maybe the tox panel will show an allergic or bad reaction to a substance?

I keep coming back to her being unclothed though. I’m back and forth between her already being unclothed with someone we don’t know about yet or someone panicking and undressing her in an effort to remove a connection to her. Again, that would probably be someone we don’t know about yet. No one who’s spoken publicly strikes me as criminally savvy but that’s just my opinion.

We don't even know whether or not it was intentional drug use (if, in fact, it was a drug-related situation). She may have been drugged.

Drugged by someone with malevolent intentions.

Which would explain the dumping of the body.

Just a thought.

Or, as suggested above, a possible experimentation (possibly due to the reported harsh emotional circumstances) which went awry.

Last edited:
I may be misunderstanding here, but your statement

"Initial autopsy stated no obvious signs of injury or trauma.” is not anywhere in your link.

Your statement is not the same as

"medical examiners who conducted the preliminary autopsy haven’t yet ruled out the possibility of some sort of foul play. "

My statement was a paraphrase. The link I later provided gave the reference for "initial (preliminary) autopsy".

Casual drug users exist. Bad batch od’s do happen.
JMO

Yes. And yes. However, casual drug users typically don’t do the kind of drugs that lead to fatal overdoses. Mostly opiates. Further, OD’ing is usually a pretty quick thing. So if the evidence for this is that husband said she was “under the influence”, I don’t think she would’ve made it very far out of the house if the fatal dose was taken at home.

It’s a possibility. But for these reasons and others, I’m leaning away from that.

It amazes me how many people think that if you have a good education it means that you couldn't be a drug user.My brother graduated from Harvard and has battled with drug problems for years.

Yes. And yes. However, casual drug users typically don’t do the kind of drugs that lead to fatal overdoses. Mostly opiates. Further, OD’ing is usually a pretty quick thing. So if the evidence for this is that husband said she was “under the influence”, I don’t think she would’ve made it very far out of the house if the fatal dose was taken at home.

It’s a possibility. But for these reasons and others, I’m leaning away from that.
I've heard that cocaine can be laced with fentanyl. Xanax and Adderall can be laced too. I think most drugs can be laced with fentanyl, so people don't really have to do "hard drugs" to overdose.

We don't even know whether or not it was intentional drug use (if, in fact, it was a drug-related situation). She may have been drugged.

Drugged by someone with malevolent intentions.

Which would explain the dumping of the body.

Just a thought.

Or, as suggested above, a possible experimentation (possibly due to the reported some harsh emotional circumstances) which went awry.

I guess I’m leaning much more toward intentional homicide. If that’s by being intentionally drugged, I can see that. A sort of second degree murder situation would be reasonable to me as well. Like not meaning or intending to kill her but rage or efforts at controlling her went awry.

It amazes me how many people think that if you have a good education it means that you couldn't be a drug user.My brother graduated from Harvard and has battled with drug problems for years.
It has nothing do do with education or status. Plenty of "normal" people go to their 9-5 jobs, drop the kids off and pick them up from school, go to social events and are using drugs during all of that and nobody even suspects. Addiction is a real issue, it's a disease. Someone people cope with it better than others, some people are able to function, some hit the rock bottom and can't come back up.

I hope your brother is doing well, I imagine that having a loved one suffering with addiction is really hard.

It’s not amazing. It’s odds. One of my best friends died in my house after an almost lifelong battle with heroin. He had a master’s degree.

But being able to graduate from college and having a busy and successful career are signs that make serious drug use not as probable. Of course there are many examples that prove exceptions to the “rule”. But I’m adding things together here.

And low body fat and never used could account for it. I’m leaning towards OD.

I went out with acquaintances years ago, thank god my husband was there for I blacked out and went to the ER - I didn’t eat much that day had some drinks and went back to someone’s home that were “friends” of a family member that we were with, I smoked pot but God knows what the hell else was in it. Scary <modsnip> and I never had anything like that happen in my life. Those “friends” didn’t want to call 911 but my husband and family member did - can’t imagine what may have happened to me if I was in a situation like that without loved ones:( And I am an educated woman and pushing 40 at the time! <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member